snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Crash and Burn » Man Severs Penis to Prove Faithfulness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man Severs Penis to Prove Faithfulness
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A man who apparently severed his penis in an attempt to convince his wife that he was faithful to her is recovering after surgery to reattach the organ at a northern Malaysian hospital.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060530/D8HUCN300.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So that would make it a Gordian penis?

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deansinger   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So how, exactly, does cutting off the alleged offending body part prove innocence?

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you're wrong.. Be Wrong Loud!

Posts: 398 | From: Fallon, NV | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deansinger:
So how, exactly, does cutting off the alleged offending body part prove innocence?

Maybe it went like this:

Woman: If you've been cheating I'll cut it off!
Man: No problem, I'll just do it for you!

Wait...that doesn't work...hmm...

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThreeQuarks
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThreeQuarks     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or maybe:

Woman: You cheating loser! You care about sex more than you care about me!

Man: No I don't! See, I'll prove it!

Woman: (faints)

Posts: 109 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, suppose your SO believed you were having an affair like this and demanded proof. What would have been a better thing to do? My father says that someone generally does not need proof, but an HIV test or hiring a detective would be a better gesture.

Anyone think of a better proof? We can't seem to think of anything right off the bat.

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh, I thought it was going to be religious. I had a related ball-removal story that happened here that I was going to share. Dang!

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
Well, suppose your SO believed you were having an affair like this and demanded proof. What would have been a better thing to do? My father says that someone generally does not need proof, but an HIV test or hiring a detective would be a better gesture.

Anyone think of a better proof? We can't seem to think of anything right off the bat.

- Pseudo_Croat

Hacking the little bugger off only serves to prove that it won't happen again. It doesn't prove it hasn't happened already.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages