snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Crash and Burn » Student Dies Playing 'Choking Game'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Student Dies Playing 'Choking Game'
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A student at West Virginia University apparently hanged himself by accident in his dorm room while doing an activity known as the "choking game."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/3763611.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
College student? At that age, I'd say it's more likely autoerotic asphyxiation rather than simply "the choking game."

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
eif
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eif     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ARTIE CHOKES TWO FOR A DOLLAR AT RALPHS

A student at West Virginia University apparently hanged himself by accident in his dorm room while doing an activity known as the "choking game."

Having these side-by-side is kind of tasteless.

--------------------
Where I come from we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it History.

Posts: 506 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 103 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Having these side-by-side is kind of tasteless.
Having your comment and the icon side-by-side is kind of tasteless.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just realized that the  - icon appears to be the default for all new posts. Eeep.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes I'm convinced the human race is doomed. What a stupid, pointless waste of life.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 81 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esprise Me:
Sometimes I'm convinced the human race is doomed. What a stupid, pointless waste of life.

I agree, although death seems like quite a severe penalty for a stupid mistake.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just to clarify--I don't mean that HE was a stupid, pointless waste of life; that was referring to his death. I said the human race was doomed because people do such stupid things. I don't think he *deserved* to die, although as a college student he probably should have known better than to choke himself for a cheap thrill. I mean, that's what beer is for.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aussie Girl
Deck the Malls

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Aussie Girl   E-mail Aussie Girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who thinks this guy should be eligible for a Darwin Award? He seems to meet all the criteria...

--------------------
You have just been involved in a drive-by posting.

Posts: 204 | From: CQ, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages