snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Politics Archive » Gov. Ah-nold wants your opinion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gov. Ah-nold wants your opinion
refinededge
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 205 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just found this posted on myspace.com. I find lots of the same junk I've been getting in my e-mail for years posted there, but this one was new to me. Anyone else seen this yet? I considered calling just to see if Arnold himself is on the recording, but it's long distance.

quote:
Date: Sep 14, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: [political] Gender Neutral Marriage Bill
Body: This seriously only takes about 10 seconds and is nearly effortless:

California Gov. Schwarzenegger's office is accepting calls from anywhere regarding their marriage equality bill. It passed both houses of their legislature, but needs the Governor's approval. It's all automated, so you don't have to talk to anyone.

Follow these directions:
1. Call the Governor: 916-445-2841 (This number is listed at www.governor.ca.gov)
2. Push: 2 (voice your opinion on legislation)you don't actually have to voice your opinion, this is just what the automated recording says)
3. Push: 1 (gender-neutral marriage bill - Senate Bill 849)
4. And push: 1 to support marriage equality (and if you don't support it...press something else)

Pass it on.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hug a Revolutionary
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just did it.

It worked, all the way through. I say it's legit, but I don't know how much of a difference it REALLY makes. I think a lot of it is just to make it look like The People have some power.

If it was really going to have any effect on legislation, it would be open to CA residents only and would be an actual election-style poll. That would be the only way of assuring that people don't vote more than once.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's on contact the governer. Looks legit.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
react2distract
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for react2distract   E-mail react2distract   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All right then; I am of the opinion that he should've stuck to making movies. [Big Grin]
Posts: 121 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages