snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Politics Archive » Bush Sr. and Bin Laden's Brother? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bush Sr. and Bin Laden's Brother?
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Republican:
From what I understand, Osama's father is a polygamist, and Osama has many siblings as well as half-siblings.

Osama bin Laden is Mohammed bin Laden's 17th child and the only child of Mohammed's 10th (and last) wife, Hamida al-Attas. Osama has at least 50 (half) siblings.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Revolution 9
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A meeting between the Bin Laden family and the Bush family isn't all that unlikely at all, and I'm not saying that because of some ridiculous racial stereotype. As has been mentioned before, both had, and quite possibly still do, interests in large companies, the Carlyle Group included. So them meeting to discuss business is pretty likely actually. Other links are that both have been heavily involved in unsuccessful oil pipeline ventures in the middle East and in former Soviet territory, including Azerbijan, for example, so they would have had meetings at least a few times before September 11, none of which were pointed to as indicators of conspiracy.

The Bush family has had plenty of more unsavoury friends than a brother of Bin Laden though, what about their very close relationship with the House of Saud, rulers of Saudi Arabia, which is a repressive regime that is widely known for, and curiously not ashamed of, its flagrant human rights violations and crimes against humanity. Dubya's daddy has been extensively involved with the House of Saud on many occasions, and has both business and personal links with them. If I were a conspiracy theorist I'd point to that being the reason that, despite most of the September 11 hi-jackers being of Saudi origin, not Afghan origin, anti-western and pro Al Quieda sentiment in Saudi Arabia has scarcely been investigated. Of course I'm not.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages