snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Politics Archive » Take a Bite out of PETA (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Take a Bite out of PETA
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Chimera: Yes, I've heard that vegetarians who go back to eating meat do sometimes feel physically ill.

Somebody mentioned the PETA campaign targeting young adults. It's called PETA2. I saw their booth at a concert once, and I had a classmate walking around my high school cafeteria with PETA posters. Their propaganda is potentially effective, too. Pictures of cute baby animals saying "I don't want to be eaten!" can get to some people.

I picked up a brochure on vegetarianism from the PETA booth at the aforementioned concert. I got it for the vegetarian recipies, thinking my mother (who teaches home ec and cooking) would like them. Turns out, it was more like a bunch of anti-meat propaganda and bogus studies claiming meat and milk are unhealthy.

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ferret
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not saying that they are the same. What I'm saying is that they are all equaly stupid to make fun of someone for [Wink] . Next up, some people have bad opinions of some religions, and races as a whole even though everyone is different and they know that.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
greenerben
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenerben     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, and I didn't mean to misrepresent you by saying that they WERE the same, merely that some people choose to treat them the same on a personal level. Sorry for any confusion there.
Posts: 70 | From: Seattle (and sometimes Tacoma), WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mau
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mau   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mau   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ferret:
"Animals eat other animals, it's natural!" (Note: I would only say this if a vegetarian condemned me for my eating habits.)

"No it's not! We taught this lion to eat tofu!"

Shriveled anorexic lion appears on screen coughing miserably.

And then the hippie got eaten [lol]

(yay Futarama)

Posts: 37 | From: WA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlueMonday
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"you shouldn't eat things that feel pain!"
*gets hit with a brick"
"okay, we won't eat you..."
"I'll get more bricks.."

When i encounter someone who's Vegan (like a girl i work with) i normaly attempt to gauge how militant they are. I've met some people who have physicaly assulted me for wearing leather shoes, or consiming a meat product (story - sitting outside my work place eating a burger from the food court, and this women walking by comes up and slaps me on the side of the head and Screams "NAZI!" and runs off". Either she was nutz, or because she somehow knew the paper i wrote for History was intitled "the occult world of the 3rd reich). I've met others who have said "i don't care what you eat...its your choice, like its mine." Though i've been annoy when you're at a gathering, and you're going to order a pizza, and theres one vegan who refuses to let anyone order a pizza with meat on it...usualy then i just eat their share of the garlic fingers....blech, theres no vegitable on a pizza i like...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages