snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Politics Archive » Oops - camera is still rolling!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oops - camera is still rolling!
Ghost on Toast
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Ghost on Toast     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No-one is this stupid - seriously?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_856161.html?menu=

That'll teach him to watch where cameras are!

Posts: 884 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It certainly does happen in real life.

Ask George W. Bush, who made almost exactly the same blunder on the campaign trail in 2000.

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Keeper of the Mad Bunnies
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   E-mail Keeper of the Mad Bunnies   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or Ronald Reagan

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan, 1984

Posts: 588 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 210 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, now I know how to say "dickhead" in Spanish!

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nell
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 206 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Col. Furious:
Hey, now I know how to say "dickhead" in Spanish!

But remember, that word only works in Spain!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 14 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, the British classic for this type of comment was John Major who referred to a large section of his cabinet as 'bastards' live on TV. [lol]

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fusca 1976
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Fusca 1976   E-mail Fusca 1976   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles...
Posts: 4498 | From: Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fusca 1976
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Fusca 1976   E-mail Fusca 1976   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In Brazil, at 1994 elections, then Minister Rubens Ricupero told a TV anchor that, considering presidential candidate Fernando Henrique Cardoso's campaign "we (the government) show what is good, and hide what is bad. We have no scruples". Neither him nor the anchor were aware that they were on line...

Luís Henrique

Posts: 4498 | From: Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Gato
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Don Gato   E-mail Don Gato   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you think what Bono said was bad, you should have heard The Edge's comment. [Smile]

There is a school of thought that sometimes those "inadvertent" comments are actually quite deliberate. I've read that Reagan's joke scared the hell out of the Russians, and W. pointedly refused to apologize to Adam Clymer for calling him a "major league casserole" (or whatever word it was that he used.) [Smile]

This plotline was used in an episode of "The West Wing" a couple seasons back, and the punchline at the end was that Bartlet's "gaffe" (he made a joke about his opponent's intelligence) was a ploy to get the press talking about the issue.\

Don Gato

Posts: 951 | From: The place to be | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages