snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Religion Archive » Rebecca Brown's story published by Jack Chick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rebecca Brown's story published by Jack Chick
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 107 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Chick Publications also publishes books by one Rebecca Brown who is an unlicensed psychiatrist in California. Her real last name is Bailey, and when she practiced psychiatry in Indiana, she fell into some bizarre, unscientific practices which caused her to lose her license to practice medicine in Indiana.

"Dr." Brown published the account of one Elaine who claimed to have married the Devil!

Here is a webpage debunking Brown and Elaine's accounts.

http://answers.org/satan/brown.html

Barbara

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Marry the Devil? I wonder what the wedding vows are like...

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Elaine's story is insane to say the least! I wonder if "Dr." Brown planted false memories into Elaine's mind.

Nevertheless, both women are insane! And in Brown's case, I'd say the patient is running the clinic!

They are both living in the Twilight Zone!

Rod Serling, eat your heart out!

Barbara

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But does this Elaine dance? That's the important question. [fish]

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
More on Mrs. Brown/Bailey

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to just be arbitrary, but aren't Catholic nuns supposed to be "married to God"?? They are collectively known as the "brides of Christ"...

How is this different?

Oops! Sorry, forgot this was Jack Chick!! I got it! [fish] OUCH!!

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jack Chick, Rebecca Brown and anyone else who believes in demons, demon possession, and Satanic ritual abuse are all residents of the Twilight Zone!

Barbara

Felessan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read both the "Rebecca Brown" books (He Came to Set the Captives Free and Prepare For War) and they are the most unbelievably deranged books ever written. It's clear that "Rebecca Brown" and "Elaine" are caught in a folie a deux with "Elaine" weaving tales of incredible events such as marrying Satan in a Catholic Church and then flying in a Lear jet with her tuxedoed groom to the reception, and going to Rome and Mecca in her capacity as Satan's bride to coordinate Satanic activities. Oh, and she networked with rock stars to put demonic curses on their albums. And for all roleplayers - yep, it's a demonic snare. If you've ever been a Dungeon Master/Game Master ("game controller" is "Rebecca Brown's" clumsy term - presumably for legal reasons) then you are demon possessed - and know it.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

"Elaine" originally said that she "married" Satan in a Presbyterian church, not a Catholic one.

Oh, what the heck! The idea of marrying Satan in any church is silly and stupid!

Besides, there's NO SUCH PERSON as Satan! He's a mythical character invented as a scapegoat for human suffering and evil. He was invented by the time the Old Testament book of Job was written.

Barara

Felessan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara R.:
"Elaine" originally said that she "married" Satan in a Presbyterian church, not a Catholic one.

Oh, what the heck! The idea of marrying Satan in any church is silly and stupid!

Besides, there's NO SUCH PERSON as Satan! He's a mythical character invented as a scapegoat for human suffering and evil. He was invented by the time the Old Testament book of Job was written.

Barara

Oops, true - Presbyterian, not Catholic... [Embarrassed]
And yes, the whole book was just too daft for words really. "Satan in a Lear jet" made me laugh out loud.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cat Grey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 107 posted      Profile for Cat Grey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felessan:
"Satan in a Lear jet" made me laugh out loud.

Well, surely you didn't expect the Dark Lord to travel coach?

Actually, last time I saw Him, He was in a bus terminal on his way back from Vegas. Apparently he'd lost the plane in a bad night of roulette. Of course, he still had enough money to buy a round for the bar, so He couldn't have been doing too badly...

Cat "long time Dungeon Ma- erm, Game Controller" Grey

--------------------
"Beer assuages grief. No one tells you that." ~Arrow-Tech IV

Posts: 1612 | From: Darkest America (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas) | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Satan in a Lear Jet" would make an excellent song or album title. hmmmm and the plot of His Dark Majesty being on a bus terminal coming back from Vegas would be a good plot....

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
crb
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, I think I'd actually pay to see that one.

Well, probably not in the theater but, I'd rent the dvd. Once it was a 5-nighter.

crb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages