snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Religion Archive » Muslims call Pokemon a Jewish/Zionist conspiracy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Muslims call Pokemon a Jewish/Zionist conspiracy
Friend of a Friends Fly Free
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morrison's Lament:

First of all, that was written by an outraged Jewish journalist of some regard, almost everything he writes relates to anti-semetism in some way. That is his focus.

Well then, he's wrong....
... almost everything I've seen you write on this site relates to Muslim/Arab apologetics in some way, so you must be wrong too...
ML, I think your apologetics that follow are even worse than the original charge. And the anti-semitism is taken for granted, so how much would one really have to say about it in that part of the world??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If it was a 5-pointed star, aka a pentagram, they were Satanists. Move to a different city. Quickly, they know where you are.

--- G.

I'm hoping and praying that was sarcasm. Otherwise you've been sorely misinformed. The 5-pointed star is a part of many different religions, usually Pagan religions. Pagan does not equal Satanism. Many Satanists (wana-be Satanists, mostly) wear Pentagrams and claim that it's a symbol of Satan, but that's just little punks that think they are rebelling, and, generally, they use upside down pentagrams when they make that claim.

I don't know what else I need to say about this. Just know that five-pointed star does not equal Satanism. Also know that many people who are Satanists do not worship Satan in the first place. You may want to read up on the concept, but most Satanists aren't evil people. As for Pagans and Pentagrams. Well, I don't know how Pagans, who have used the symbol for a *very* long time, and don't even *believe* in Satan in most cases, can be Satanists.

That being said, I don't think Masons use pentagrams, it was probably a 6-pointed star, but even if it was a pentagram, it wasn't because they are satanists, or bad people.

And a link, to another thread discussing the same issue, it may be enlightening for you.

Pentacles

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrison's Lament
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Friends: Ehm, I didn't say he was wrong, I said he was focused on that issue - in fact that may actually mean he's got a lot more info than the average person regarding general trends in these matters. It does however mean that he is looking for particular things, in the same way that I and most other people look for particular things in news stories. It's called having an oppinion and unconsciously seeking to re-enforce it, it's pretty standard stuff psychologically speaking and not deviant at all [Smile]

Regarding this particular case: He sees a fatwa against Pokemon, there is one sentance tucked away in there referring to the Jews and the article makes it sound like an ENTIRELY anti-Jewish issue, which it clearly isn't, and I suspect he knows that as well. I'm sure I've been guilty of worse bias in the past, but that doesn't mean one should let it slide. Just because a document has one bad element doesn't mean it is CHARACTERIZED by that element, see what I'm getting at? Yes, the jab at the jews was low and uncalled for, but the fatwa was NOT about jews. Yet the article distinctly gives that impression, does it not?

Midgard: My jab was indeed intended at the little kiddy goths who wear the symbol up-side down to indicate their allegiance to the dark lord and how generally bad-ass they are. I was one of them when I was aged 11 to 12 [Wink]

Sorry if that caused any offence to pagans or LeVay type Satanists, I was just making a joke [Smile]

--- G.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Friends: Ehm, I didn't say he was wrong, I said he was focused on that issue - in fact that may actually mean he's got a lot more info than the average person regarding general trends in these matters. It does however mean that he is looking for particular things, in the same way that I and most other people look for particular things in news stories. It's called having an oppinion and unconsciously seeking to re-enforce it, it's pretty standard stuff psychologically speaking and not deviant at all [Smile]

Regarding this particular case: He sees a fatwa against Pokemon, there is one sentance tucked away in there referring to the Jews and the article makes it sound like an ENTIRELY anti-Jewish issue, which it clearly isn't, and I suspect he knows that as well. I'm sure I've been guilty of worse bias in the past, but that doesn't mean one should let it slide. Just because a document has one bad element doesn't mean it is CHARACTERIZED by that element, see what I'm getting at? Yes, the jab at the jews was low and uncalled for, but the fatwa was NOT about jews. Yet the article distinctly gives that impression, does it not?

Midgard: My jab was indeed intended at the little kiddy goths who wear the symbol up-side down to indicate their allegiance to the dark lord and how generally bad-ass they are. I was one of them when I was aged 11 to 12 [Wink]

Sorry if that caused any offence to pagans or LeVay type Satanists, I was just making a joke [Smile]

--- G.

No problem and no offence. I wasn't sure if you were joking or not, but I'm glad to know you were. It just pains me that there are people out there that actually think all of these things are Satanic and/or evil without even studying them in the first place. Glad to know that you're well-educated on the subject. It's sad that so many aren't.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages