snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Crime Archive » daisyslegs gang strikes again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: daisyslegs gang strikes again!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 82 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Humpty Dumpty Stolen from Florida Home

A 3-foot bronze Humpty sculpture that has adorned the beachfront home of Hugh Smith and his wife, Diana Fuller, has vanished. And they desperately want him back.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050810/D8BT0T680.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is she on her third strike yet? I'd be getting worried if I was her...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So that's why she hasn't been posting much lately.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vampyrviolia
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vampyrviolia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
huh?

--------------------
Hey, check out my dads website -- www.eastcountyhwy.com
He grooms dogs too.

Posts: 1593 | From: Bedias, TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why "Daisylegs" gang?

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/92/t/001016.html
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was daisyslegs...?  -
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's what I meant... [fish]

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wax Head of Mozart Is Stolen from Museum

Thieves snatched the head of a life-size Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wax figure from a Salzburg museum.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050827/D8C8BM100.html

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 219 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pair of Ruby Slippers Worn by Judy Garland in 'Wizard of Oz' Stolen from Museum

A pair of ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in "The Wizard of Oz" and insured for $1 million is missing from a Grand Rapids museum.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBOCW89ZCE.html

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 06 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
'Munchkin' laments theft of ruby slippers

"Doesn't the person who stole those ruby slippers know that they aren't good for anybody else, that they only worked for Dorothy?" Margaret Pellegrini, one of nine surviving Munchkins from the 1939 classic film "The Wizard of Oz," said from her home in Glendale, Ariz.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0920stolenslippers-ON.html

Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I was getting Daisyslegs airmiles.

[Wink]

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 401 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Police Looking for Missing Billboard Cow

A full-size fiberglass cow was swiped from a Chick-fil-A billboard overlooking an interstate in eastern Virginia.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20051009/D8D469480.html

christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd love to see how she's decorated her house with these items.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just found out you guys were on to me... [Wink] Guess that's what happens when you google yourself!

You should see what I did with the cow!

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Police Seek Stolen 8-Foot Grinch

Lori Ihli and Mike Moszer said they woke up Sunday morning to find someone had stolen the 8-foot inflatable Grinch from their yard.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051213/D8EFLTV01.html

Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh I wish the daisyslegs gang would strike in my neighborhood, there's several of those "snowglobe" attrocities that are ripe for picking. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone care to shed some light here?

Googling "Daisyslegs gang" got me nowhere... [dunce]

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Read up the thread, TuFurg.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Girl, you and your friends have been busy, haven't you?

Jackie "are you hiring?" in the Elevator

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Baby Jesus, Sheep Taken from Nativity Display

The life-size baby Jesus from a Cincinnati suburb's nativity scene has disappeared again. This time, one of the sheep is missing, too.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1214BabyJesus14-ON.html

TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
Read up the thread, TuFurg.

I had Kitties, but at the time the link in Snope's second post wasn't working. Now it is, so all's good.
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 200 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Family Seeks Return of Missing Moose Head

A missing moose head has law enforcement officials baffled and a family begging the thieves to return their mounted trophy.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051219/D8EJJLBG0.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages