snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Crime Archive » Gunman Upset by Loss of Pet Rat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gunman Upset by Loss of Pet Rat
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A loner brandished a gun at terrified motorists in a mistaken revenge attack after his beloved pet rat escaped.

http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=58&ArticleID=1108236

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lordy! Anyone else think Willard? (or was I the only one who saw that movie? [lol] )

Skye

--------------------
Peter: You better watch who you're calling a child Lois, because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert

Posts: 354 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You can get a life sentence for threatening someone with a BB gun?

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ouch My Ankle
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 213 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troodon:
You can get a life sentence for threatening someone with a BB gun?

No. You get two years and eight months for breaching the Firearms Act. But the judge warned him that he'd receive a life sentence if he were convicted of any further violent offenses.

They take their firearms laws fairly seriously in the UK. And cirmes commited with replica guns are on the rise in Britain.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages