snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Crime Archive » 'Three Stooges' Action Lands Boy in Court

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Three Stooges' Action Lands Boy in Court
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A 15-year-old boy who pinched and twisted the nipples of a 13-year-old has been sentenced to three days of community service for harassment.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050808/D8BRBV8G0.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
That includes such adolescent antics as "wet-willies,""wedgies,""swirlies,""noogies" and all other forms of "Three Stooges" behavior, Chapman said.
Ok, maybe I'd associate "noggies" with The 3 Stooges, but other than that, I'm pretty sure those forms of torture have been inflicted on younger brothers well before the 3 Stooges

:-D

Skye

--------------------
Peter: You better watch who you're calling a child Lois, because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert

Posts: 354 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 16 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the mother got it right - she emphasized the fact that the two weren't friends. Let's face it - when you're friends, it's grabass, when you're strangers, it's called assault.

Ali "you tryin' to dial in Radio Free Europe, muthafucka*" Baba

* credit to Robin Williams

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

the incident was blown out of proportion in part because David's mother refused to let him show up for an initial hearing in juvenile court. Christine Alford, David's mother, said she did not let her son attend the hearing because she had seen photos of teenagers in handcuffs on the county's Web site.

Mom surely didn't handle that part well. She's part of the reason it got blown way out of proportion. But the article did state that the 13 year old started by making a "joke" to the female clerk about the 15 year old. I don't agree with the "hands on" reaction the 15 year old had, but the other parents seem to think their son did no wrong.

Back when I was a kid, this would have been resolved by the "victim's" (13 year old) parents calling the "attacker's" (15 year old) parents and then the kid(s) apologizing and life going on. Now, that 13 year old is going to have to face an entire school full of kids who see him as, and I'm quoting my own 13 year old son, "a wuss" because of his mom. I'm actually waiting for my son to come home like this, he's a smartass who thinks he's being funny when he's clearly not.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh A wiseguy huh? *Pokes kid in eye and pulls ear*
OOH nyuk nyuk nyuk!!!

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogFeathers:

Back when I was a kid, this would have been resolved by the "victim's" (13 year old) parents calling the "attacker's" (15 year old) parents and then the kid(s) apologizing and life going on.

You'd think that, woulnd't you? But as this boy's parents prove, most parents nowadays wouldn't believe for a second that their little angels are harrassing another child and would instead refuse to make their baby apologize for anything. Especially because we continue to permit this sort of degrading behavior under the guise of "it's just kids stuff." Then we wonder why the rate of teen suicide is so high.

quote:
Now, that 13 year old is going to have to face an entire school full of kids who see him as, and I'm quoting my own 13 year old son, "a wuss" because of his mom.
Encouraged obviously by their wonderful parents instilling this value into them.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages