snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Crime Archive » Geek or Killer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geek or Killer?
oh pleeze
It's So Cheesy (to Fall in Love)

Icon 102 posted      Profile for oh pleeze   Author's Homepage   E-mail oh pleeze   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's a fun little test to see if you can spot the difference between a program language inventor and a serial killer! i scored 7/10. [Wink]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/killerquiz/

--------------------
op

i'm taking the afternoon off to stalk my previous boss who fired me for taking afternoons off.

Posts: 728 | From: the funshine state! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
8 out of 10 for me. According to the quiz, I know my JavaBeans from fava beans, and my slashers from my slashdotters. Hmmmmm.

Ali "and a nice chiaaaanti" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10.

I'm sad, aren't I?

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BoKu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
8/10

Bob "Gray code anatomy" K.

Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 603 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
7/10. Great now I'll never look at a computer programmer again.

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Game60 Minutes
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 107 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
6/10... I couldn't recognize Andrei Chikatilo without the shaved eyebrows
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Plurabelle
Ika and Tina Tuna

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Plurabelle   E-mail Plurabelle   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
9/10... "my liver is safe."

--------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t...."

Posts: 129 | From: New York City | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 95 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 4/10.

I suck.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue

Icon 01 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Touched by an AnglRdr:
I got 4/10.

I suck.

Don't worry. I got 3/10.
Paraphrased:
quote:
If someone told you they'd reformat your floppies, you wouldn't know whether to run or not.

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Got 7/10, all but one a guess. I recognized Son of Sam.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
6/10. Ditto on Berkowitz.

Four "you might want to avoid a career in IT recruitment" Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KYO-5 news

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
6/10... I couldn't recognize Andrei Chikatilo without the shaved eyebrows
Don't feel bad... the only reason I got it was because you warned us. I didn't recognize him with hair.

I got 9/10... I failed to recognize Anatoly Onoprienko... that's even sadder than not recognizing Chikalo. At least the Chikalo was a picture of him before he shaved his hair and eyebrows.

LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 9/10, and I guessed on all of them. I'm scared now.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mouse

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lizzy, I suggest you seek help, professional help. [Eek!]

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
oh pleeze
It's So Cheesy (to Fall in Love)

Icon 217 posted      Profile for oh pleeze   Author's Homepage   E-mail oh pleeze   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
folks, whatever you scored shouldn't matter, what really scares me is the fact that 10/10 of those guys look like my co-workers!!!!!

ps, if you like interactive links, check out the one i posted in the suggestion box (titled 'education') not all of us here in the colonies are rocket surgeons when it comes to id-ing countries east of the atlantic, so here's one of those 'helpful' sites designed to assist the geographically challenged! [Wink]

--------------------
op

i'm taking the afternoon off to stalk my previous boss who fired me for taking afternoons off.

Posts: 728 | From: the funshine state! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hepcat

I got 8/10. All were guesses except Son of Sam.
DizzyLizard

Icon 402 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 9 out of 10 - EEP!

Dizzy "at least my liver is safe! *Phew*" Lizard

ThornyWreath
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for ThornyWreath   E-mail ThornyWreath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
5/10--I guessed on all but Son of Sam.

--------------------
A little glitter can turn your whole day around.--Junie B. Jones

Engine 3:16

Posts: 1456 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wee wifey

Icon 01 posted      Profile for wee wifey   E-mail wee wifey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 10/10 all by guessing, but to be honest I felt the way the photo wass taken was often a clue, those of the killers, didn't have a "family portrait" or "corporate headshot" look about them.

little miss

--------------------
once known as little miss

"I don't Pretend to be an ordinary Housewife" Elizabeth Taylor

Posts: 2416 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tyler

Icon 605 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
9/10 by guessing. Did anyone else think that Son of Sam looks (vaguely) like Paul Simon?
Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ten out of ten

i just picked killer for every one i did not know

Dav(is there such a thing as hyper geek)ros

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giraffe Cat

Icon 402 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
8/10.

I think I might have dated a few of these guys.

Giraffe "is that a knife in your pocket, Mr. Berkowitz, or are you just happy to see me" Cat

Thera
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Thera   E-mail Thera   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 8/10, and did it almost completely through judging them on their appearances, not prior knowledge of what either the geeks or the killers look like.
Posts: 100 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
8/10, sorry for the two geeks that I thought were murders. [Frown]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
9/10 Once in a while it pays to have a morbid fascination with serial killers.

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WHATEVER

6/10
WHAT"maybe I should forget about law school"EVER

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sheer guessing got me 7 out of 10 for this.

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, how did this get resurrected? I took it again and got 9/10 this time. Guess either my geek radar, or killer radar is improving.

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages