snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Horrors Archive » Woman claims to find finger in eatery's chili (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Woman claims to find finger in eatery's chili
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 205 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No deal in chili-finger case

There's no plea deal in the Wendy's chili-finger case -- not yet, anyway.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/the_valley/12492420.htm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Etienne
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etienne   E-mail Etienne   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tanta07:
My only question - if you lose a digit in an accident, you just get to keep it? I can't imagine how that initial conversation went:

Is there a way for hospitals to track who left with their amputated body parts, in case that same body part later shows up in a proposed civil suit?

I've known people who might have been stupid enough not to even go to the hospital. Heck, I've seen people with second (And then some) degree burns stick a band-aid on it and keep working.

So the whole amputations could have happened outside of the healthcare network.

Posts: 1102 | From: Quebec | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wendy's Chili Finger Tipster Has Beef

A man who says he helped Wendy's International Inc. unravel the scheme behind a fingertip slipped into a bowl of chili has a beef with the fast food chain. He wants the $100,000 reward the company offered.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050920/D8CO74L8B.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Black Belt and Socks
The First USA Noel

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Black Belt and Socks   E-mail Black Belt and Socks       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Up to nine years for finger in chili con:

Story Here

Her husband got up to twelve years

BB "or should that be chili con carne?" &S

--------------------
"How dare your reality hinder my ability to believe what I want!" Joe Bentley

Posts: 697 | From: Backwoods of Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A thread discussing the sentencing can be found here.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages