snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Inboxer Rebellion » HIV/Aids awareness campaign program

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HIV/Aids awareness campaign program
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I received the following email this morning. Does anyone know what this is all about?

quote:
Subject: Are you aware of the up coming 2006-2007 HIV/Aids awareness campaign program that will be held in Yorkshire, England? Participating in this program will qualify you to own a United Kingdom visa

Dear Participant,

The last meeting held by IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemist) in conjunction with UNAIDS (United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS), WHO (World Health Organization) and UNDP (United Nations Development Program) in USA about the rapid increase of the pandemic disease (HIV/AIDS) in the world, confirmed that, everyday more than 8,000 people die from AIDS and every year another five million (5,000,000) become infected with HIV. Since July 2004 only 260,000 new patients have benefited from ARV therapy in developed countries. Treatment expansion is moving at a snail's pace. From the perspective of a medical humanitarian organization working in resource-poor countries to treat with AIDS, the global picture is bleak.

Despite an ongoing global effort, the number of individuals infected with HIV/AIDS has reached epidemic proportions across the globe. Lack of education, lack of quality resources, difficulty in obtaining medications, and widespread misinformation about this deadly virus are all contributing factors to this worsening situation. The face of AIDS is everywhere, and its devastation reaches far beyond the affected individual.

Although World Aids Day falls on Wednesday, 1 December, the City of Yorkshire, England has unveiled a seven-day HIV/Aids awareness campaign program, from 10th - 17th of January 2007.

The benefits to fulfilling a campaign program such as this, The IPSF and the BPSA have come together to organize this years’ HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign Program; This is a program that has been designed to promote attitudes and practices that prevent the transmission of HIV/AIDS world-wide and to enlighten us more about HIV/AIDS and its existence.

Are you aware of the up coming 2006-2007 HIV/Aids awareness campaign program that will be held in Yorkshire, England? Participating in this program will qualify you to own a United Kingdom visa for free, without any
question.

( KEY NOTE:All participant will be given the sum of 100,000 pounds sterling to enhance the publicity
in it's community)

Participant Registration Forms can be obtain with the amount of £500:00 GBP.

Event Name: British Pharmaceutical Students Association (BPSA) and the International
Pharmaceutical Students Federation (IPSF) Annual Conference 2006-2007

Date: 10th to 17th of January 2007

Place: University of Bradford, Yorkshire, England

Event Websites:
http://www.ipsf.org/website/html/Events/main.html
http://www.live.bpsa.com
http://www.worldaidsday.org

Description of the event:
The British Pharmaceutical Students Association (BPSA) and the International Pharmaceutical Students Federation Annual Conference on HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign. It is a week long conference packed with debates, workshops and speakers on hot topics on HIV/AIDS and its existence. There are also themed social events in the evenings.

Registration procedure:
£500:00 GBP for full accommodation, Visa Assistance & Flight Tickets (To & Fro)
Applications forms are available. The deadline for applications is 30rd December 2006.

Name: Dr. George Andrew and Mr. Sam Malton
(Conference Coordinators)
Address: 196 Old Street , London, EC1V 9FR

Telephone:+44 70111 52405
Fax: 020 7216 0111

Email: program_committee1003@yahoo.com.hk

Note that the first five hundred (500) people to submit their application forms will be given free Anti-Retrovirus drugs (ARV).
Mrs. Addison Blythe
(Program Announcer)
"The HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign Program! Improving the publics knowledge about HIV/AIDS."

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Forward it to the Metropolitan Police, and ask for a crime report log number.

Or, use it as the theme for the next UK snopesters' gathering.

But in no case should you pay 500 pounds to register [Big Grin]

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zachary Fizz:
Forward it to the Metropolitan Police, and ask for a crime report log number.

Or, use it as the theme for the next UK snopesters' gathering.

But in no case should you pay 500 pounds to register [Big Grin]

But you get your £500 back-
quote:

( KEY NOTE:All participant will be given the sum of 100,000 pounds sterling to enhance the publicity
in it's community)

I'm off to email this obviously-english address, program_committee1003@yahoo.com.hk

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
senshisteph
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for senshisteph   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
the City of Yorkshire, England
I've heard of urban sprawl, but the whole of Yorkshire is a city now? Blimey, I've only been away a year and look what happens...

--------------------
七転び八起き
nana korobi ya oki
'fall down seven times, get up eight.'

Posts: 155 | From: Nagoya, Japan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IUPAC is the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry. They are
quote:
a worldwide organization composed of national chemical societies from 44 countries. IUPAC is recognized as the world authority on chemical nomenclature, terminology, standardized methods for measurement, atomic weights and many other critically evaluated data
They are not involved in "pandemic diseases" except to standardize the names of chemicals used in disease research.

I parlicularly like this "Participating in this program will qualify you to own a United Kingdom visa for free, without any question. "

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by senshisteph:
quote:
the City of Yorkshire, England
I've heard of urban sprawl, but the whole of Yorkshire is a city now? Blimey, I've only been away a year and look what happens...
No, so far it's only *West* Yorkshire that's all one big city. They call it Leeds, now.

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages