snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Inboxer Rebellion » Odd "deleting your account" bulletin on myspace

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd "deleting your account" bulletin on myspace
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Subject i'm deleting my myspace
Body: Subject im deleting my myspace
Body: im deleting my myspace
Body: Body: Im deleting my myspace!!
Since u opened this, ur site will be deleted within 15 min or less .
Sucks cause its not a joke-

-friends
-layout
-pictures
-codes
(everything)

The only way u get to keep your myspace is to repost this within 2 minutes with this title! -I'm deleting my myspace-

Tom

Sorry guys, I know you hate these things but it is just to see who uses their myspace and who doesnt

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you asking whether this is a real email, if Tom is actually going to delete your MySpace account?

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Er no. I was pretty sure it wasn't. I just thought this was where you posted these things.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
erinker74
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erinker74   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking of Tom, why does his page suck so badly if he is the Administrator? He can't put a few minutes into finding a new background or something??

--------------------
"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you still hit those brakes. Hey, better try the emergency brake." -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Posts: 245 | From: Gladstone, MO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I ignored that bulletin last week, and my account works just fine. I also doubt that Tom would include "Sucks cause its not a joke" in a bulletin.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And we all know nobody but the real Tom could sign a message with a capital 'T', then an 'o', then an 'm'.

Reminds me of the time I signed in to a popstar chat room thingy. Supposedly the star would drop in occasionally and his text would be the one one showing up white. It was fun to sign in with his first name and watch all the excitement as people assumed I was him and asked all sorts of questions. Of course, I never outright claimed I was him, and my text wasn't white, but that didn't stop some people from making the wild assumption that nobody but "Fred" could sign in as username spelt F-r-e-d.

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And we all know nobody but the real Tom could sign a message with a capital 'T', then an 'o', then an 'm'.
So Tom is a real person, then?

Sorry if I sound clueless...it's just that I've been reading similar posts for awhile now, and not being too familiar with MySpace, am completely lost re: context. (Also at the notion that random users sit round and think up inane pranks like this.)

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
invisigoth
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for invisigoth   E-mail invisigoth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ive been confused about myspace for a while too, ive had a profile for a while but ive always wondered if tom was real or not.
Posts: 46 | From: DeLand, FL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebeca by the Sea
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Rebeca by the Sea   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rebeca by the Sea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sorry guys, I know you hate these things but it is just to see who uses their myspace and who doesnt
and who doesnt what? What?!

Sure, he's the mysterious force behind a multimillion-user web community, but can he work punctuation?

Rebeca--Or maybe Tom's just gotten too cool for apostrophes--bythesea

Posts: 13 | From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages