snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Inboxer Rebellion » Why women take so long in the bathroom (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why women take so long in the bathroom
onein6billion
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onein6billion   E-mail onein6billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Behold all men! The real reason women take so long in the bathroom!

It's the only place we can get away from men long enough to either gossip with our girlfriends about your endowments and whether or not we're gonna go home with you or call our girlfriends to tell them that we're going home with you just in case you're a serial killer.

Or we're trying to reapply lipstick in crappy lighting.

--------------------
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." - Jon Stewart
my space on myspace--now showing "80's Video Of The Week"

Posts: 278 | From: Bel Air, MD | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BelleMorte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Last summer I was in West Virginia and ended up in a long line to use the bathroom at Sheetz. At one point, a woman in front of me got so tired of waiting that she ended up using the men's room.

The worst place I have found though for long lines is at NASCAR races. Main reason being that everyone waits will a caution flag flies to go use the bathroom.

--------------------
"Cheating Hall Of Shame"-in honor of the dishonest.
Every driver, owner and crew chief has a place in our Hall, which won't be moving to Daytona Beach anytime soon. Lone exception? Kyle Petty, who hasn't won a race since 1754.

Posts: 545 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't care if other women squat, so long as they either don't splatter, or clean it up when they're done.

I also don't care if women choose to use the paper seatcovers, so long as they check to make sure the damn thing flushes completely. I hate hate hate coming in and finding one of those used things hanging off the seat. It's like they think their butts are too good to touch the seat, but my hand isn't too good to touch the paper their butt was just on. Apparently their butts are very, very special.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, for someone with my phobia and so many germ hang-ups, I really, really don't understand the OP at all.

Hold the door shut with your foot if the lock's broken. Pee on the seat? Wipe it off. Wash your hands afterwards. The only place my bag ever goes is on the floor - certainly not on my ktichen worktops [Eek!] - so no problem there.

The only bog I wouldn't use is one that's blocked or contains human solids, shall we say. Or not-so-solids, as the case may be...

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessboo:
So, you never put your bag down, say, on the kitchen table?

No, for the same reason I don't put my shoes on the kitchen table: I know the bottom is dirty. My purse goes on the floor or hangs from a hook or doorknob.

quote:
You never touch the bottom of your bag?
No more often than I touch the sole of my shoe. I wash my hands before I eat, drink, prepare food, etc.

--------------------

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I'm going to catch a disease from a toilet seat, but that doesn't mean I want a stranger's urine on my butt cheeks either. If there is piss on the seat and no seat covers, I'll wipe it off with toilet paper or in a last resort hover. I try to be conscientious about not leaving my own urine on the seat. I don't understand this aggravation with other people's bathroom habits. Does it hurt you somehow if another woman doesn't care to set her purse on the floor? Or flush the toilet with her hand? Who really cares?

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Has anyone else encountered people who think it's some sort of horrible breach of the social contract to defecate in a public restroom? I don't get it. That's what toilets are for. Sure I'd rather do it at home, but sometimes I need to go when I need to go. I'll provide a courtesy flush, I'll use air freshener (in moderation) if it's available.

Anyone who's lucky enough to be able to schedule all their movements should try being grateful for their own digestive health, rather than judging people who may not be so fortunate.

--------------------

Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lainie, I used to have an acquaintance who shocked me a few times because she was very lady-like but would fart like there was no tomorrow in the bathroom (we worked together and hung out outside of work a few times so I had the opportunity to share a public restroom with her). At first I thought this was very comical and it made me uncomfortable for her but the I realized that I was the one with the hang up and she was being perfectly normal. Where else to let all the gas out than the bathroom. That's what it's for, right?

I think a lot of people are like this about a lot of normal human biological functions. God forbid we talk about pooping or our menstrual cycles or :gasp: breast-feeding. Guess what folks? At the most basic level, we're animals and all this stuff is part of life.

Heh, I'll get off my soap box now :sheepish grin:

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would never defecate in a ytoilet that wasn't my own until very recently - my sister pointed out that I wasn't doing my system any favours by doing this. Since I overcame my fear my bowels have been so much less grumpy about it!

(A discreetly placed piece of bog roll put in the toilet before you go masks all sorts of noises.)

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you really think about it, defecating in a public bathroom saves you money on toilet paper!

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm fussy about bathrooms, but that's because I refuse to squat. I, unless it's an emergency, don't do porta whatevers.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
If you really think about it, defecating in a public bathroom saves you money on toilet paper!

For the same reason I feel similarly smug when using the toilet at work. "Ha it's your toilet paper, not mine. And you're (the company) paying for it."

On the subject of soiled bathrooms, several years ago at work we had a persistant offender. No-one knew who it was. In the end, some wag put up a sign in each of the the stalls which read:
"Would the dirty bastard who keeps making a mess please clean up after himself. Otherwise please go and shit down by the railway line!" (The line ran adjacent to the building.)

We were convinced that the boss, a fairly straight-laced fellow, would go bananas, and demand the removal of the signs. But obviously suffering as we did, he said nothing, and the signs remained in place for months.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravynwriter
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ravynwriter   E-mail ravynwriter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our sign:

If you sprinkle
when you tinkle
be a sweetie
wipe the seatie!

Posts: 58 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
F minor
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F minor   E-mail F minor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Women's loos have toilet seat covers??

Next you'll be telling me they have soap.

Posts: 124 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Garnet Jell-o
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garnet Jell-o   Author's Homepage   E-mail Garnet Jell-o   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose my frustration does appear to be towards the women with bathroom habits that differ from mine. But honestly, I don't intend for that to be the case. My frustration is more stemmed in the fact that so many people assume that all women have bathroom habits that are "opposite" of mine and that I've been ridiculed for something that doesn't even apply to me. I guess it's kind of like how some hogs assume that all women like Michael Bolton. I know I can come off grouchy because of this.

quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:

It also saves you money on your own water/utility bills.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjal:
I think a lot of people are like this about a lot of normal human biological functions. God forbid we talk about pooping or our menstrual cycles or :gasp: breast-feeding. Guess what folks? At the most basic level, we're animals and all this stuff is part of life.

Hear, hear!

--------------------
"I'm really quite simple. I don't want to be in the business full-time because I'm a gardener. I plant flowers and watch them grow. I don't go out to clubs and partying. I stay at home and watch the river flow." - George Harrison

Posts: 28 | From: Towson, Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mind anyone's bathroom habits unless they make the bathroom experience less hygenic for me. If you tinkle on the seat, you wipe it up.

And I only learned recently that other women flush with their feet. Ew! I assume most people keep their hands cleaner than the soles of their shoes, so I'd rather they touched the handle with their hands than with their feet. Or better yet, with a clean piece of tissue to protect the hands.

To me, it's a matter of consideration for the people who follow you. If you leave the place dirtier than you found it, just because you were trying to protect yourself from germs, that doesn't seem like the right thing to do, to me.

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
(A discreetly placed piece of bog roll put in the toilet before you go masks all sorts of noises.)

The Japanese have little machines in the ladies' rooms called "Otohime." They play rushing water sounds to mask tinkling noises.

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlushingBride:
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:

The Japanese have little machines in the ladies' rooms called "Otohime." They play rushing water sounds to mask tinkling noises.
That was done to conserve water, because the Japanese women were flushing the toilet constantly to mask tinkling noises.

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NZUL:
I have to say, it's unlike any toilet experience I've ever had.

Door lock broken? Use another stall. Or, in many cases, hold it with your foot because the stall is short enough for you to!

Purse, meet floor. Just, like, don't put it in the suspicious puddle. How hard is that? Anyway, even if there is unavoidable suspicious puddling, y'know, I'm not going to be licking the base of the purse later.

Check for bogroll first. Always. Have been caught by that one a few times, but a little drip dry never hurt anyone. Used to do it all the time in the bush when younger, anyway. It's not as if you're going to drip all over the place - and panties are washable.

And don't even get me started on what kind of germs anybody thinks they're likely to get by having the back of their thigh touch a toilet seat. Hey, if you're not straddling the seat and .. erm .. having 'fun' with it, you aren't exposing any real openings to your own body. Honestly, toilet seat protectors and wipes have got to be one of the most useless inventions ever.

You want to know why he thinks you took so long? Because he walked in, unzipped and did the business in a few seconds, zipped up, quick wash, and walked out. If that's all we had to do, we'd be out that quick, too.

It's funny, I'm notorious in my family for being a compulsive hand-washer, but I have been known to sit on toilet seats and put my purse on the floor (if possible, I sit it on a sink instead if I'm using a handicapped stall).
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What has annoyed me in this thread is the people who think it's so ridiculous and precious not to sit on the seat, or that it's ok to sit in someone's wee because you can't catch anything. So what?! I'm not worried about catching anything, I just don't want to sit down in wee. Why is that considered so bizarre?

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
It's funny, I'm notorious in my family for being a compulsive hand-washer, but I have been known to sit on toilet seats and put my purse on the floor (if possible, I sit it on a sink instead if I'm using a handicapped stall).

I didn't read carefully the first time through and I read it as you sitting on the sink instead of the purse!
[lol]

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessBOO:
What has annoyed me in this thread is the people who think it's so ridiculous and precious not to sit on the seat, or that it's ok to sit in someone's wee because you can't catch anything. So what?! I'm not worried about catching anything, I just don't want to sit down in wee. Why is that considered so bizarre?

I don't think anybody should be ridiculed for their private bathroom habits.

However, I concur with brillo bee's post above regarding people who hover rather than sit. Hover all you want, but if you leave pee on the seat please wipe it off for those who don't care to hover.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

quote:

First of all, I don't want to sit down on wee either. I'm pretty sure nobody does. But there isn't always wee on the toilet seat. I look first. If there's wee, I wad up some TP and wipe it off. My hand has never actually contacted wee while doing that, and I wash my hands after I use the toilet.

Second, to repeat, my real objection is not to people who don't care to sit on the seat, but to people whose concern for protecting their own ass leads them to show a lack of concern and disrespect for everybody else.

I don't like it when a woman squats to protect her own ass, wees on the seat, and leaves the wee there for the next woman to clean up. It's rude and thoughtless and arrogant.

I don't like it when a woman uses a paper seatcover to protect her own ass, then fails to make sure that it flushes, leaving it for the next woman to clean up. It's rude and thoughtless and arrogant.

I may, deep down, believe it's silly to squat or use a paper seatcover, but your behavior doesn't matter to me one way or the other, and I won't attempt to force my opinion on you, as long as you aren't rude, thoughtless and arrogant about it.

ETA: And where did anybody say it was "OK to sit in wee?"

--------------------

jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
quote:

First of all, I don't want to sit down on wee either. I'm pretty sure nobody does. But there isn't always wee on the toilet seat. I look first. If there's wee, I wad up some TP and wipe it off. My hand has never actually contacted wee while doing that, and I wash my hands after I use the toilet.

Second, to repeat, my real objection is not to people who don't care to sit on the seat, but to people whose concern for protecting their own ass leads them to show a lack of concern and disrespect for everybody else.

I don't like it when a woman squats to protect her own ass, wees on the seat, and leaves the wee there for the next woman to clean up. It's rude and thoughtless and arrogant.

I don't like it when a woman uses a paper seatcover to protect her own ass, then fails to make sure that it flushes, leaving it for the next woman to clean up. It's rude and thoughtless and arrogant.

I may, deep down, believe it's silly to squat or use a paper seatcover, but your behavior doesn't matter to me one way or the other, and I won't attempt to force my opinion on you, as long as you aren't rude, thoughtless and arrogant about it.

ETA: And where did anybody say it was "OK to sit in wee?"

Well no one said that specific sentence- but I think in a couple of posts there is the implication of 'get over yourself and sit down, it's only wee.'

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably more like "it's only wee: get over it, wipe it up, and then sit down."

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As I've mentioned, I'm fussy about public bathrooms, but will sit on the seat. Germs are all over the place, and there comes a time when you can't worry about it.

Frankly, I'm not thrilled with the thought that when I flush a public toilet, the germs of strangers swirl up. Consequently I both don't fixate on it, and try to make my escape ASAP. If a seat looks clean, I'll sit on it, but also be aware that there are germs.

Thinking about germs too much is begging for a whopping helping of OCD.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
desertdweller
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller   E-mail desertdweller   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
have you ever seen or used "industrial strength" janitorail supplies? Which is worse, sitting on a bit of wee or caustic chemicals?

--------------------
Just singin' in the Bahrain

Posts: 49 | From: Manama, Bahrain | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

quote:
Originally posted by ChelleGame:
As I've mentioned, I'm fussy about public bathrooms, but will sit on the seat. Germs are all over the place, and there comes a time when you can't worry about it.

That's my feeling, too. You can't live a germ-free life. Howard Hughes tried, and look how it turned out for him!

I also don't freak out over dust mites. Yes, it's creepy to think about microscopic bugs in your bed eating your dead skin. But consider the alternative: a bed full of dead skin. My advice: don't think about it.

--------------------

I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   E-mail I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Koshka:
Monkey: I'll admit this incident was before the installation of changing stations in public restrooms (they're all over in eastern Nebraska/western Iowa).

However, the mother was changing the kid directly on the floor -- nothing between messy bottom (or dirty diaper) and the tile. She'd also left the stall door open, so it's not like she was doing this in privacy.

Are you suggesting that the mother should have left her kid in a poopy diaper rather than change it on the floor because she might have gotten poop on the floor?

Also, when I change my baby, the diaper is between her bottom and the surface. And the outside of the diaper doesn't have poo on it, 99% of the time.

I'd be much more unhappy about my baby laying on the restroom floor and getting all germy and trying to lick the floor than that she might get something on the floor while I changed her!

If I were stuck like that, you'd probably find me with her portable changing pad draped across the sink changing her before I'd get on the floor.

Posts: 2115 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnglRdr:
Probably more like "it's only wee: get over it, wipe it up, and then sit down."

Er, yes, that's basically it. I don't think anyone's saying you should sit on wee. Just that you can easily wipe it off, and getting anything on the back of your thighs isn't really a health issue.

I don't care what you do in the bathroom, I'm not sharing it with you. But I don't want to see public misinformation and the perpetuation of health myths by having things like toilet seat covers available.

I guess, to me, having toilet seat covers available is like putting protective crystals in the loo. Some people might believe it does something, but reality suggests otherwise, but putting it there perpetuates that misbelief.

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I will only sit on a seat if it's clean.
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wolf333
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf333     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NZUL:
quote:
Is it really likely to catch disease from sitting on a toilet seat?
Someone 'did' this. Either Penn & Teller's Bullshit, or Mythbusters. I forget which one.

They took swabs from the hand, face, butt cheek and crack of four or five volunteers. Guess which was cleanest? Yup, the butt cheek. Anyone insisting on hovering or using toilet seat wipes/protectors must also refuse to ever shake hands with someone, or be a hypocrite.

The hand and face were germiest. Those bits of us that are out in the air, picking up microbes, and interacting with or touching other things, are those parts that get the most 'germy'. Big surprise.

It was Penn & Teller. If I recall correctly, the bartender ended up with the most crud, and it was on his face.

--------------------
"We take evil really seriously"

Posts: 175 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
I will only sit on a seat if it's clean.

Fine with me, as long as it's still clean when you leave the stall.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages