snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Inboxer Rebellion » Gothic MySpace (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gothic MySpace
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So philosophy is bad? Of course! The bible says that using your brain is bad so it must be true. Of course it also condones rape >_>

Goths aren't annoying. Some of the REAL cults like Jehovah's witnesses are. I would guess the second of the two are the ones doomed to hell. Since I don't believe in hell, I will have to take things into my own hands.

*Ties them all up in a room and puts really bad chrisitan music on endlessm loop, then runs away*

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ink Rose:
The bible says that using your brain is bad so it must be true.

Cite, please?

Not that the Bible isn't full of things I personally think are horrifying. But I don't remember that particular one. . .

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Since I don't believe in hell, I will have to take things into my own hands.

*Ties them all up in a room and puts really bad chrisitan music on endlessm loop, then runs away*

You MONSTER!

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy Crap!!!

I got a 32! Somebody call the exorcist!

*cue Tubular Bells*

I'm surprised Hell hasn't opened up and just phagocytized me.

Damn you Count Chocula, and your delicious pal Frankenberry!

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
I'm surprised Hell hasn't opened up and just phagocytized me.

With all them gays going to hell, wouldn't you be fagocytized?

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You're right, Cervus.

Screw Tubular Bells! Cue Space Ibiza 2006 instead, and I'll bring the Mai Tais.

Party in Hell, and everyone is invited! Come get a tan on the black soot beaches of the lake of boiling blood.

--------------------

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence...
What? The Republican party? [fish]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cite, please?
Not that the Bible isn't full of things I personally think are horrifying. But I don't remember that particular one. . .

I assumed that Ink Rose was talking about the pCm's who do believe this.

For example: My mom has nearly disowned me because I go to college. Higher education is bad because it secularizes you. Thinking for yourself is bad because the devil has control of your mind.

Listen to your pastor and what he/she has to say and that's all you need in life. Don't question. Questions are of the devil.

Jesus will be back any day now so there's no need for higher education or thinking on your own.

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports. (Mainly the sports part there actually)
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

I am the Uber-goth. That list frightens the **** out of me. It's BAD for teenagers to be interested in sex? How do these pCms intend to continue their church, might I ask? Cloning?

EDIT: Removed "Is homosexual/bisexual" from the list that applies to me.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by black roses 19:
quote:
quote:
Cite, please?

I assumed that Ink Rose was talking about the pCm's who do believe this.
I know there are pCm's who believe that. But Ink Rose said "the Bible." I don't think she, or the pCm's, can actually point to a scripture, in any translation, that says using your brain is bad.

Discouraging education is hardly a universal practice among Christians.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My kids were explaining to Dad (me) this morning all about the differences between "goth" and "emoe". They agree that if you say you are goth, then you are a poser.

They thought the list was silly.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
cubbie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubbie   Author's Homepage   E-mail cubbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this list is funny cause it's basically true for must teens. Come on, I'm interested in sex, tattoos, pericings, and I just turned 21 a few weeks ago. I guess that means I'm going to hell!! Yay, party with the devil!

--------------------
i reject reality and submit my own

Posts: 359 | From: Lansing, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Requests time alone and quietness.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

Please seek immediate intervention, your child is showing the early signs of becoming an Anglican vicar.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But a 14yr old girl going out with her uncle Bubba is perfectly acceptable as he is an adult.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
My kids were explaining to Dad (me) this morning all about the differences between "goth" and "emoe". They agree that if you say you are goth, then you are a poser.

They thought the list was silly.

Conversely, I know some stereotypically goth kids who consider emo basically goth-lite.

And that is the problem with basing your identity around a useless aesthetic. Fortunately, most people grow out of this.

ETA: Laz, what is wrong with that? Not every Uncle Bubba is a pedophile. I spent all kinds of unsupervised time alone with older male relatives. Or did I miss your point?

--------------------

Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoneage Dinosaur:
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols.
-Requests time alone and quietness.

Please seek immediate intervention, your child is showing the early signs of becoming an Anglican vicar.

LOL! I never thought of things that way.

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MizzyLou
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizzyLou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Honestly, I think I'm rather partial to my goth/emo/punk students. When it comes to things like symbolism, metaphor, double entendre, or social commentary, they're all over it. I've had the "dumb jock" stereotype proven wrong many times over, but the freaky kids just seem to be more introspective. They're not afraid to be smart (if you can get them to talk), and many of them are rather cheerful, warm, compassionate people. My 7 year old is already showing freaky tendencies (obsessed with fake tattoos, black clothes, and sappy emo music. asks every day when I think she might grow some boobs. I tell her to worry about losing that tooth, first) and I'm definitely ok with that. She walks to her own beat.

-- Mizzy "one of my students took the time to spike her pink & green mohawk today just because I wanted to see it" Lou

Posts: 264 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very
dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your
child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

holy crap, every single one of these applies to me except the "cuts, burns and participates in other forms of self-mutilation", and even that applies to me if you count tattoos and piercings. man, I'm not just going to hell, I'm riding first class.

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oceanic Aura:
ETA: Laz, what is wrong with that? Not every Uncle Bubba is a pedophile. I spent all kinds of unsupervised time alone with older male relatives. Or did I miss your point?

You probably missed what "going out with" means in the UK. It's approximately equivalent to "dating", although this is one of those things where the words never quite match properly because the culture itself seems to be different.
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought the difference between goth and emo was simple. A goth goes to the graveyard with friends, drinks cider and has a laugh. An emo kid, sits in their room, writing poetry and cuts themselves.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

No, you're over thinking it, Trollface. It's even easier.

An emo listens to Rites of Spring, a goth listens to Skinny Puppy.

And it's a simple as that.

--------------------

robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:

Discouraging education is hardly a universal practice among Christians.

Agreed that it isn't universal, but plenty of pCms believe that "secular" edumacation is bad, because it corrupts the mind with all the "incorrect secular" views of the world (usually referred to as "lies of the Devil"), like evolution. (ergo, they do discourage "secular" education)

ETA: by "they discourage it" I mean the specific pCms I am referring to, not Christians in general.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We've discussed this on another message board I frequent and length, and managed to tract down the source (it's not serious) but I totally forget where it's from. I'll re-ask, though [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.daveamason.com/april/mp3/devil%2Emp3
is my personal favorite method of torture [Big Grin] (Warning: turn your speakers down. Content may be inappropriate for those with hearing)

--------------------

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Oh and the using your brain is bad is a joke from the Reduce Shakespeare's Companys Bibl;e CD,
http://www.reducedshakespeare.com/bible.html

And I can't rememeber what the one character actually says. Something like he who increaseth knowlege increaseth sorrow? Unfortunately I am horrible at remembering which verse it is. It;s a comedy CD, so... [Big Grin]

Austin: What?
AMtthew: YEAH it does Austin! The Bible says that using your brain is bad!
Austin; Yeah, Cain and Abel, that's a REALLY happy story
Matt: YEAH IT IS AUSTIN! Apparently you didn't read it! Like when Cain takes Abel out and Abel things he's about to be killed. And Cain raises up two tickets to the land of milk and honesy where they get to ride the ponies and get sick on cotton candy but when they get home their mother isn't angry and kisses them goodnight.
Austin:... Is that the only research material you used?...
Matt: And then it started to rain.
Reed and Austin: A-huh
Matthew: And everyone swam off to the land of milk and honey... and they find out that Cotton candy is the opium of the masses. And their mother controls the means of production! And she comes and kisses them all goodnight HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Austin: Wow, sounds like Matt's medication just kicked in.

--------------------

Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, another version includes something along the lines of "Watches Sesame Street just to see the count".

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Carol of the Dells

Found it (the source): here

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Found it (the source): here
Bonnie-a-chow

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What amuses me is that the list contains things that many teenagers do (Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult, watches cable television, uses the internet excessively) This just makes me think that someone wrote it as a joke.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MysticalChicken
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysticalChicken   Author's Homepage   E-mail MysticalChicken   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
EDIT: Just go here. (I re-posted this post in my LJ and added some extra stuff.)
Posts: 45 | From: Clackamas, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
niner domestic actual
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for niner domestic actual   E-mail niner domestic actual   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe someone should remind the older generation of parents that when they were teenagers they probably had a similar "You know your kid is..." posted around.

My mum's gen was beware the evil flower children, pot smoking, LSD dropping hippy runaways...

My gran's gen was beware the...ok, nevermind...her gen had their youth stolen by a despot called Hilter...

My great gran's was beware the evil, wanton women who show a bit of ankle and gasp...show a knee or two...or worse smoke cigarettes!

With my kid it was beware that your child may be a mallrat or was it that they were being recruited by the gay community or no, I'm sure it was beware your could be a preppy was sent around too...

My gen probably had my parents warned off that I was being recruited by the leftist, radical, separtist, ball crunching, lesbian feminists and my brothers were at risk of becoming SNAGs (or was it DINKS, KINKs or YUPPies).

--------------------
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 47 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You think that's bad - check out what the Daily Mail is publishing over here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=400953&in_page_id=1770

Virtually every quote is from a satire site, for the love of God (err, Satan). The innacuracies are horrendous, but then again, this is from the same "news" paper that once proclaimed that sausages cause cancer.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] Nigella Lawson is emo? The classy English FoodTV lady? Have I missed something about that show?

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 14 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by niner domestic actual:
Maybe someone should remind the older generation of parents that when they were teenagers they probably had a similar "You know your kid is..." posted around.

My mum's gen was beware the evil flower children, pot smoking, LSD dropping hippy runaways...

My gran's gen was beware the...ok, nevermind...her gen had their youth stolen by a despot called Hilter...

My great gran's was beware the evil, wanton women who show a bit of ankle and gasp...show a knee or two...or worse smoke cigarettes!

With my kid it was beware that your child may be a mallrat or was it that they were being recruited by the gay community or no, I'm sure it was beware your could be a preppy was sent around too...

My gen probably had my parents warned off that I was being recruited by the leftist, radical, separtist, ball crunching, lesbian feminists and my brothers were at risk of becoming SNAGs (or was it DINKS, KINKs or YUPPies).

Now one fine night they leave the pool hall
headin' for the dance at the Armory
Libertine men and scarlet women and ragtime
Shameless music that'll grab your son, your daughter
into the arms of a jungle animal instinct- massteria!
Friends, the idle brain is the devil's playground, trouble!

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Koshka
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koshka         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
All my dress slacks are black -- it's the only color allowed by my employer's dress code that isn't asking for stains. Does this mean we're a branch of Hell? [Wink]

quote:
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
After all, no kid ever wanted to study for a test without distractions.

(And the people this is aimed at should remember that Jesus encouraged private prayer -- he told the disciples to leave him alone in Gethsemane and several other times.)

Posts: 244 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages