snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Inboxer Rebellion » Average Military Man (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Average Military Man
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The average age of the military man is 19 years.

He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy.

Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country.

He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate;

he was probably an average student,

pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy,

and has a steady girlfriend

that either broke up with him when he left,

or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away.

He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howitzer.

He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now

than when he was at home

because he is working or fighting

from before dawn to well after dusk.

He has trouble spelling,

thus letter writing is a pain for him,

but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds

and reassemble it in less time in the dark.

He can recite to you the nomenclature

of a machine gun or grenade launcher

and use either one effectively if he must.

He digs foxholes and latrines

and can apply first aid like a professional.

He can march until he is told to stop

or stop until he is told to march.

He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation,

but he is not without spirit or individual dignity. He is self-sufficient.

He has two sets of fatigues:

he washes one and wears the other.

He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry.

he sometimes forgets to brush his teeth,

but never to clean his rifle.

He can cook his own meals,

mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts.

If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food.

He'll even split his ammunition with you

in the midst of battle when you run low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons

and weapons like they were his hands.

He can save your life - or take it,

because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian ,

draw half the pay

and still find ironic humor in it all.

He has seen more suffering and death then he should have

in his short lifetime.

He has wept in public and in private,

for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed.

He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention,

while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking.

In an odd twist, day in and day out,

far from home,

he defends their right to be disrespectful.

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather,

he is paying the price for our freedom.

Beardless or not, he is not a boy.

He is the American Fighting Man

that has kept this country free

for over 200 years.

He has asked nothing in return,

except our friendship and understanding.

Remember him, always,

for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.

And now we even have women over there in danger,

doing their part in this tradition of going to War

when our nation calls us to do so.

As you go to bed tonight,

remember this picuture..

A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

Prayer wheel for our military... please don't break it.

Please send this on after a short prayer.

Prayer Wheel

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Prayer :

When you receive this,

please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our ground troops in Afghanistan, sailors on ships, and airmen in the air, and for those in Iraq.

There is nothing attached....

This can be very powerful.......

Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

I can't break this one, sorry.

This is a ribbon for soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Pass it on to everyone and pray.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The first half seems to be a really scummy attack on the US Army, then it goes into UBER-PATRIOT mode. Count me confused.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why does it sound like it should be SUNG to some Rush music (a la New World Man)?

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 216 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howitzer
um...what? Is that a weird attempt at humor, as in, this is what he hears, or is this 155mm howitzer some new genre of music?

Ali "got a good beat and you can dance to it" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Setzer
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Setzer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Setzer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
Why does it sound like it should be SUNG to some Rush music (a la New World Man)?

I'd think more like "Subdivisions".

Set "I cast myself out first" zer

Posts: 104 | From: Worden, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dawnshadow

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawnshadow   E-mail Dawnshadow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why is there a line break after every third word?
Posts: 131 | From: Newark, OH | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fewer line-breaks-a-chow

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
me, no really
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me, no really   Author's Homepage   E-mail me, no really   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Glurge writing

should be short

punchy statements

That get the point

across in a direct way.

That way it

makes more impact

on the reader

and gets them to

empathise with you.

It is especially important

with a military topic

because everyone knows

that military people are

punchy, direct people

given to short, direct statements

It also makes for

a longer,

more important

looking email

when really you

haven't got much

to say.

--------------------
Check out my handmade pens
Check back often because the page changes often

Posts: 831 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
00-Saleen
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00-Saleen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Err, don't most guys gain weight when they go into the military after high school? Isn't that when they have their last growth period? My SO remembers coming home taller and heavier (more muscular) after basic.
Posts: 239 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The first thing I thought of was the song "Nineteen" from the '80s, which was about Vietnam-era soldiers. [Smile]

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DAnnino:
The first thing I thought of was the song "Nineteen" from the '80s, which was about Vietnam-era soldiers. [Smile]

Well, that was my first thought as well.

But after reading it through I couldn't help but hum "The Universal Soldier" from Donovan [Wink]

Gavida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drainfluid
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drainfluid   E-mail Drainfluid   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine or Airman, prayer is the very best one.
What about good armour? And a good plan from the top brass?
Posts: 305 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jimmy101
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy101   E-mail jimmy101   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I sincerely hope that "He" also asks that he only be called upon to fight in a justifiable war.
Posts: 629 | From: Greenwood, IN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 209 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That would be Paul Hardcastle's 19. (Went nuts trying to find a wav of it, but most of the sites are in languages I can't read.)

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rodh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rodh     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"The average age of the military man is 19 years."

The first line is BS. That might the average age when a person joins the miliary but not the average age of all soldiers.

Posts: 403 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 209 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleNaughtSaleen:
Err, don't most guys gain weight when they go into the military after high school? Isn't that when they have their last growth period? My SO remembers coming home taller and heavier (more muscular) after basic.

My brother lost weight in the Marine Corps. He had been on quite the muscle building regime in his senior year of high school, and was quite large (muscularly) upon entering basic. After finishing basic and OCS, he was nearly 20 pounds lighter, and much more athletically cut than muscular.

quote:
From the OP:
He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid

Well, considering that short hair is mandatory in the military, I don't think it should come as a surprise that the average military man has short hair. Kinda like saying "The average military man wears a military uniform". [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One thing that was hard for me and my family to come to terms with was the amazing contrasts of my brother when he joined the Marines. In many ways he was still very much a boy, but he came out of Basic more mature and responsible and you could see glimpses of a man, but at 19 there was still more boy than man, Marines or not.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
double post

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My ex-boyfriend went into basic mature and thoughtful and came out of it and tech school as an immature, thoughtless cad. Of course, he's just a little special, I guess [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas

Icon 209 posted      Profile for I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliBaba:
quote:
He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howitzer
um...what? Is that a weird attempt at humor, as in, this is what he hears, or is this 155mm howitzer some new genre of music?

What? Doesn't the stereotype call for country music?

--------------------
"You hold the Prince so I can duct tape his bottom to keep the bugs out." - My Mom

Posts: 193 | From: The Fabulous Finger Lakes, New York | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Canvas:
quote:
quote:

Nope...this very scientific survey of every male currently enlisted in a branch of the military found that less than one-tenth of one percent had ever heard, much less enjoy, country music. [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I sincerely hope that "He" also asks that he only be called upon to fight in a justifiable war.
Oh, Christ, how many times have we had this discussion? Try Google searching "CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY."

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah I love how civilians put the onus back on us when its them who decide when to fight a war. Like we just up and deployed ourselves.

Must the baggage of the Iraq War hijack every single thread that has even the vaguest hint of a military theme?

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DistantStarWanderer
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DistantStarWanderer   E-mail DistantStarWanderer       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother has lost weight in the Air Force. But he's not anything like that guy in the glurge. He's a computer geek who has a cubicle in Omaha.

Oh, and he's grown up a hell of a lot in the past few years.

Posts: 24 | From: Shreveport, LA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 202 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
quote:

That would be Paul Hardcastle's 19. (Went nuts trying to find a wav of it, but most of the sites are in languages I can't read.)
Thanks for reminding me who performed it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 209 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Methuselah:
quote:
Originally posted by White Canvas:
quote:
quote:

Nope...this very scientific survey of every male currently enlisted in a branch of the military found that less than one-tenth of one percent had ever heard, much less enjoy, country music. [Razz] [Big Grin]
I agree, almost everyone I know in the Army listens to rap and hip hop, which drives my nuts because I don't like rap or hip hop. I'm more of a classic rock, country, classiscal music kind of guy.

--------------------
Let your TV bleed- Tom Petty

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:

Everytime I see a statement like this I always imagine this

2 brave soldiers are crouched in a trench,reloading their last ammunitions.The air is still and they both know the enemy might launch a surprise attack anytime now.

Finally,the 2 soldiers spot an armored vehicle with the american flag coming their way.Out of it comes their lieutenant,he has men unloading boxes of supplies.There may still eb hope for the 2 soldiers after all!

"Thank God you came lieutenant!" says one of the soldiers "We just ran out of ammo!"

"Don't worry boys" replies the lieutenant "We received our secret weapon to give us courage to fight till the end!"

"Uh,what is it?" inquires a soldier

"Prayers and glurge letters,straight from our homeland!" says the lieutenant proudly

"What?!?What the Hell's wrong with you?What are we supposed to do with goddamned prayers?!?"

A few hours later Iraq insurgeant charged the trench,a found only a lieutenant with a bullet in his head and his butt stuffed full of letters

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RLobinske
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RLobinske   E-mail RLobinske   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently the glurge writer didn't have any thoughts for the women in our armed services...
Posts: 296 | From: Crawfordville, Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 201 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RLobinske:
Apparently the glurge writer didn't have any thoughts for the women in our armed services...

Who do you think is supposed to do the praying? The women get deployed with the menfolk, then they stand up, hook up, and shuffle to the door. Once they've landed and dug in*, they begin cracking open the bible and praying in formation.

*It's best if the women dig in along an angel shaped perimeter that can be seen from space, so the next generation of praying servicewomen can write a glurge about it.

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toad Buddy

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Toad Buddy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RLobinske:

As a retired female member, that was one of my first thoughts when I received my version of this last week.
Mine however was changed to refer to the Canadian Military and so chock full of Legion and Branch emblems from the Canadian Forces that my eyes were going all wonky from looking at it.

~Toad "what about us girls?" Buddy

Posts: 122 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jimmy101
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy101   E-mail jimmy101   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:
quote:
Oh, Christ, how many times have we had this discussion? Try Google searching "CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY."
Your point was what?

Civilians control the military. Good, it shows you passed eigth grade Social Studies. Civilians decide where and when they go and fight. Since it was civilians that sent them does that mean it must be a just war?

I've seen this kind of BS glurge many times and it drives me nuts. "The most important thing is to support our troops!!!1!!"

No, the most important thing is that we (civilians) ensure that they are used in a just cause. I think that is the most important way that we can "support our troops".

Edit to add the following to tie it all back to the OP...
From the OP:
quote:

So, I would hope that "He" ask for a hell of a lot more from us (civilians) than friendship and understanding. Heck, "friendship and understanding" are relatively unimportant compared to full funding, ensuring adequate toops and material is deployed, and of course, ensuring that the cause is just.
Posts: 629 | From: Greenwood, IN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, Jimmy--and you'll forgive my being blunt-- all we in uniform ask if you is that you kindly go about your daily life, make good use of the freedoms we provide you, and stay the hell out of our way and let us do our jobs without your nauseating, patronizing, self-reightous need to "protect" us. We have a mission. The relative justness or prudence of that mission, while of significant import to our political masters, is absolutetly, 100% irrelevant to us once we cross the line of departure.

Your post carried the clear implication that, were we to acknolwedge that the cause for which we are fighting isn't just (in our respective, individual opinions) that we are somehow immoral; I respond that our civilian leadership is constitutionally tasked to make the judgement for us, and the "justness" of a war has absolutely ZERO bearing on our efforts to accomplish a given task. Don't ever presume to cast me or my peers as immoral simply because we are following the oaths we took. For that matter, you seem to assume that the majority of us somehow secretly concur that the Iraq war is immoral or wrong; that couldn't be further from the truth. I believe in the mission passionately, as do most of my peers--so to us, we ARE fighting a just war.

Your "concern," in addition to being nauseatingly patronizing, is unnecessary. We'd rather you just say "thank you" and stay the hell out of our way. We don't NEED you "protecting us from the big bad war;" we are warriors, and this is what we signed up to do.

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I should hope that "he" has asked for a decent wage in return!
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:

In an odd twist, day in and day out,

far from home,

he defends their right to be disrespectful.

ok...what?

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jimmy101
The First USA Noel

You are missing the point DessertRat. As you posted, there is Civilian Control of the military. If the military is used in an improper way it is not the services fault, it is my fault, along with every other american civilian.

My most important job (concerning the use of military force) is to see that it is used appropriately. I would have thought that the average GI would expect the average American to uphold their end of that rather improtant agreement.

And, no disrespect intended, but the misuse of military power does indeed reflect on the morality of the soldier.

Were the actions of the Weirmacht (German regular army) in WWII moral? In general the Weirmacht was not involved in genocide, mostly that was carried out by SS troops. The Weirmacht were the grunt-n-file soldiers of the German Army. They mostly fought against other countries regular army units. Nonetheless, the actions of a soldier, even under orders of the appropriate civilian authority, are still subject to morality. "Honorable service" in an immoral cause is immoral. The Weirmacht, IMO, was immoral in WW2.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages