snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Urban Legends Archive » Urban Legends of London (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Urban Legends of London
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I ponder things slowly.
Two years, three months, nineteen days, one hour, two minutes.

And the "Understatement of the Year" award goes to...

*drummroll*

(BTW, the real question is "how did he post that reply if the page wouldn't load")

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bug, by gosh, you're right! I solved the problem! The page loaded!

Brad "slow and steady" from Georgia

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What I don't understand is how slycat managed to post in July 2000, when according to the poster information she didn't register until May 2003. Can you work that one out too, please, Brad? I'll check again in 2006 for the answer. Thanks!
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll get back to you....

--------------------

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Billy Biggles
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Biggles   Author's Homepage   E-mail Billy Biggles   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The pig in the sewer (which I think is actually the hog in the sewer) was mentioned by Henry Mayhew and is remarkably similar to the alligator in the sewer, but well over a hundred years earlier. If you haven't read Mayhew, take the opportunity.

Biggles "Bless you sir, the smell's nothing" Biggles

--------------------
Cogito ergo sum, non sum qualis eram. Putting Descartes before the Horace every time.

Posts: 377 | From: East Anglia, UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
What I don't understand is how slycat managed to post in July 2000, when according to the poster information she didn't register until May 2003. Can you work that one out too, please, Brad? I'll check again in 2006 for the answer. Thanks!

Okay, Richard, here's the deal: slycat originally registered on the old board in July 2000, but back then if you didn't post for a long time, your registration was dropped. Slycat re-registered in May 2003, and that's the one that shows up.

Brad "nothing if not persistent" from Georgia

--------------------

Richard W

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Blimey. Never let it be said that you're unreliable, Brad...
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
Probably more popular culture than an UL, but I had an uncle who was fond of singing at top volume a song about the ghost of Anne Boleyn, who walks the Bloody Tower "wiv 'er 'ead tooked under 'er ar-r-r-rm."

Brad, my family sings that one at holiday get-togethers. [Big Grin]

Wow. A six-year-old thread -- it's older than my kid!

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
quote:

Okay, Richard, here's the deal: slycat originally registered on the old board in July 2000, but back then if you didn't post for a long time, your registration was dropped. Slycat re-registered in May 2003, and that's the one that shows up.

Brad "nothing if not persistent" from Georgia

Ah, that explains how Brad's son ('Macheath') posted two years before he registered.

Anyway this thread has inspired me to dig out a set of six books I have on the girsly and seedier side of London. If I am not sidetracked I will post some of the stories which might - or might not - be ULs of London.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Blimey. Never let it be said that you're unreliable, Brad...

I think he plotted this over two years ago. My mind is sufficiently boggled. [lol]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages