snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Wild Kingdom » Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs 'tasty'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs 'tasty'
Elkhound
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkhound         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rick Lisko hunts deer with a bow but got his most unusual one driving his truck down his mile-long driveway. The young buck had nub antlers — and seven legs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16210496/?GT1=8816

--------------------
"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart."--Iris Murdoch

Posts: 3307 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elkhound:
From the Chicago Tribune.

Could you link to a story or something? It's an interesting picture, but it needs context.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, s.o. was reading that this morning. Apparently, the dude hit it with his truck and found it had three extra leg-like things, one on each rear and one on the front. It was also trans-sexed.

He ate it anyway.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skyeg
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skyeg   E-mail skyeg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs ‘tasty’
Posts: 28 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
missiebreathe
I Am Curious, Yellowtail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missiebreathe         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This happened near to me, the photo was taken by my mom's friend. Does that make it FOMM?
Here are 5 pictures from the local paper:
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=U0&Dato=20061213&Kategori=FONNEWS&Lopenr=612130802&Ref=PH

Posts: 46 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo.:

He ate it anyway.

That is disgusting, who knows what the hell was wrong with that thing.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
geminilee
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geminilee   E-mail geminilee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What, do you think he will catch a mutation? Whatever is wrong with the deer obviously happened before it was born. Eating it would be no more dangerous than eating any other deer, I would imagine.

--------------------
"Accompanied by the ghosts of dolphins, the ghost of a ship sailed on..." Terry Pratchett

Posts: 660 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree here, there's no reason not to eat it... a genetic mutation is not a communicable disease. I guess in a way I admire the fact he didn't let the deer go to waste.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to guess (from what I've read about stuff like this) was that it was a Siamese (conjoined) twin in the uterus, but it didn't separate properly.

In which case, there would be nothing wrong with the meat.

I would eat it. And then have a taxidermist stuff it. Then I'd give it to some organization. Or I would give it to an organization who wanted to study it.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Many times these deformities are caused by environmental contamination, a heavy internal parasite load, or disease. While mutation is not a disease, it certainly can be caused by one.

YMMV- but I wouldn't have eaten it.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages