snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Wild Kingdom » Live feed from an African water hole (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Live feed from an African water hole
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Have not seen any African wildlife, yet. But I did see the two bear cubs playing in the snow at their other website: The Grizzly Bears of Grouse Mountain.

These are some amazing websites. I love listening to the bird sounds in the background as I websurf.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is some kind of deer there right now. Cool!

ETA- as soon as I posted, it walked away. Figures.

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barns & No Bull
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barns & No Bull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not long after sunset, a pair of Egyptian geese made a noisy entry to the waterhole. They didn't seem to mind the young hyena that came for a splashy drink. Looks like they are spending the night there.

--------------------
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied... by you!

Posts: 3157 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Another deer-type animal.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, they've been moving around some, which seems to send the camera into fits trying to focus on them.
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me, or is anyone else hearing singing in the background every so often?
Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard it too.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh good. I thought it was the voices in my head again.

Or Mom and Gram.

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barns & No Bull
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barns & No Bull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard human voices numerous times, as well as seeing a flashlight or vehicle headlamps sweeping across the scene.

I wonder if the waterhole is illuminated or if the camera is night-vision.

I saw a small mammal come to drink that the camera operator must have missed. At first I thought it was a fox. But then as it moved across the far side of the hole it looked more like a civet or genet.

--------------------
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied... by you!

Posts: 3157 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Chestnut:
Have not seen any African wildlife, yet. But I did see the two bear cubs playing in the snow at their other website: The Grizzly Bears of Grouse Mountain.

These are some amazing websites. I love listening to the bird sounds in the background as I websurf.

This one is showing a snow storm right now, and there were just some ravens playing around in the snow. Funny, two totally different worlds.

ETA- my crabby office neighbor just came over and yelled at me for listening to annoying crickets, huffed back into her office with a parting "Annoying!" and turned on loud, semi heavy metal music. [lol] [Roll Eyes] [lol]

black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by black roses 19:
Is anyone else on a Mac and having difficulties? I haven't been able to get the website or the video to load
I wanna see too
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look back at the OP. There is a link to the main website. There they have links to download the media player for Macs.

Yeah, that's what I can't get to work (or anything else for that matter).

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

black roses, go here and download Windows Media Player for Mac OS X. That should be what you need.
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's raining in Africa. I wish I could move the computer's speakers next to my bed. I'd sleep like a baby with the birds singing through the sound of rain.
Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh ooh, there's a bear in the Bears of Grouse Mountain camera's view.
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
During the last hour I've seen zebras, gazelle, baboons, turtles (who fought), and a large black and white storklike bird. The camera also so fit to show me an extreme close-up of a millipede.
I'm hooked.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WHoo! there are some deer on there!

It's the first time I have remembered to look during daylight!

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Monkeys!!!!

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hans Off:
WHoo! there are some deer on there!

Deer? You on the right webcam Hans'? [Smile]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First deer ('bokies or whatever), then Monkeys.

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You're not talking about the same groups of impalers, sorry imapalas (I just read a book about Vlad Ţepeş and got carried away), that I have been watching today (the calves were cute)? I have also seen a couple of monkeys teasing two geese and a crow (white and black, like a magpie, instead of grey and black). There have also been swallows flying low over the surface to get a sip of water (and no, they were not carrying coconuts).

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone else watching in the last 10 minutes or so? Are those wildebeasts?

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wildebeast? Or Aberdeen Angus? [lol]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enjal:
Anyone else watching in the last 10 minutes or so? Are those wildebeasts?

Sure looks like it.

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Lots of wildabeasts and before that some sort of springbok or impaler [Wink] as floater says. Egyptian geese and some other birds, and the camera gave a nice look at the buildings and parking lot as well.
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's with the blinking lights in the bushes?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monza305
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monza305   E-mail Monza305   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was people with flashlights. There are several buildings located to the left of the waterhole back by the bushes. They are hard to see during the day, but when they move the camera around at night you can see them.

--------------------
I've got a pen in my pocket does that make me a writer?
Standing on the mountain doesn't make me no higher.
Putting on gloves don't make you a fighter.
And all the study in the world doesn't make it science. -Paul Weller

Posts: 199 | From: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be tempted to go to this just to let the crickets lull me to sleep at night since my frogs are hibernating!

Great site!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw wildebeasts!

A giraffe!

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched five minutes of nothing and was rewarded with a giraffe sighting.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Giraffes! at...uh...11:16!

ETA: I think I saw a zebra butt!

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
me, no really
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me, no really   Author's Homepage   E-mail me, no really   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just saw Zebra's now, but didn't watch for long. Not really allowed to watch streaming video at work for bandwidth reasons Very cool

me

--------------------
Check out my handmade pens
Check back often because the page changes often

Posts: 831 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lgreywolf
Deck the Malls

Icon 502 posted      Profile for Lgreywolf   E-mail Lgreywolf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cripes. Zebras, giraffes and antelope (or gazelles.) Now I'll never get to sleep tonight.

--------------------
"Most Jewish holidays can be summed up very simply: They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat." - my in-laws' Rabbi.

Posts: 430 | From: North of Boston, MA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

I've been watching 3 giraffes, 5 zebra and about 8 gazelle for the last half hour. They wander around, eat and scratch, and the zebras made funny faces at each other.
I wish I could see some of the birds I hear.

--------------------

NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, I just found this thread, this is fantastic! Evidently it's 9:35 Africam time, so their day is just beginning. Thanks again, Monza [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

a herd of wildabeest!!!! and the baby is playing and running and being so cute!!!

ETA one must have a huge case of the itchies, as he's rolling on the ground. ooooh gazalles!!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages