snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Wild Kingdom » For Sale: Useless Cat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Sale: Useless Cat
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I received pictures in an email from my cousin with the caption "For Sale, One Useless Cat." A comment on the original forward read "This cat is available very cheap. Would also consider free shipping."

I went a googlin' and found several sites with the pics. This is one of the simplest, fastest loading displays.

I love the pics, but I'm really interested in the backstory. I've checked snopes and the forums, but possibly I've just missed it. Could be they've been floating around for a long time and I'm the only person online that hadn't seen them.

So, anyone know what the deal is? Are these both pets and therefore, friends? How'd this photo story come about?

I miss having a cat and looking at cute kitty pics isn't helping. [Smile]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blucanary
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blucanary   Author's Homepage   E-mail blucanary   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah I'm guessing the rat is a family pet and the cat is use to him being around since he was a kitten and therefore doesn't see him as food. The pictures are incredibly cute.

--------------------
I would add my signature but the pen won't write on the screen.

Posts: 458 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So. Freaking. Cute.

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KaiTheInvader
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaiTheInvader   Author's Homepage   E-mail KaiTheInvader   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to have rats and cats. amazingly, the cats were more afraid of the rat than the other way around. one of my rats, Ganesha, would literally hold down the little kitten and clean her ears. So yeah, rats and cats can get along well together.

--------------------
Resurrection of mankind to careen in silent pace. Feeling lonely. I am the dream that nobody dreams of, but will you dream of me, and dream of eternal desire? If you dream of me, will you live for me? Will you? Will you?

Posts: 344 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Augh! The orange moustache!

That is the cutest cat ever.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Both animals seem comfortable with the situation, so my guess is that they are pets familiar with each other.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I'm convinced they're housemates, now. That last pic is just so sweet I've had the site up with that pic in view, ever since the OP, and I look at it every now and then.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Venus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venus   E-mail Venus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When my cat Anica was a kitten she got ahold of my roommates hampster. We thought she was gonna eat it but she just wound up cuddling it.
Posts: 177 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to raise rabbits for 4-H, and our dogs were pretty used to having them around, so I never worried much. One morning I woke up to the sound of a screaming rabbit (if you have ever heard this sound, you never forget it -shudder-) and we all ran to the yard thinking the worst.

Well, apparently one of the rabbits had gotten out of its hutch, and one of the dogs had it pinned against the chain-link fence. Licking it. Poor rabbit was never the same I don't think!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages