snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Man arrested for indecent exposure at craft store

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man arrested for indecent exposure at craft store
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A 22-year-old man was arrested and charged with indecent exposure after employees at Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts told police he was exposing himself to customers and masturbating in the store.

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061220/COUNTY090101/61220038

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, that gives a whole new meaning to 'lurking at the thread."

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like he just went to the craft store for a do-it-yourself project.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We had a similar experience in Safeway's in Hastings several years back. We went in for a few bits for dinner, and there was a guy calmly wandering around the aisles, with his trousers unzipped and his penis dangling out. I don't know what the outcome was, we just grabbed what we wanted, paid and left.

Curiosly this was a few hours after we had been to Dengue beach, where we witnessed a couple having full intercourse about 100 yards from where we were sitting.

There must have been something in the air that day. Maybe the fumes from the nearby nuclear power plant. [Smile]

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Such things are more common than one might think.

I know a woman who used to work in a men's clothes store, and it was not uncommon that men went into the try-out booth (wtf is the correct term???), changed clothes and asked "Does this look OK?" and when she opened the door/curtain, the guy was standing there with it all hanging (well, not exactly hanging, it was vertical in the other direction...) out. It was so common that the staff didn't even get surprised, they just answered "It's way too small.".

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
I know a woman who used to work in a men's clothes store, and it was not uncommon that men went into the try-out booth (wtf is the correct term???),

Fitting room is the one I generally use.

quote:
changed clothes and asked "Does this look OK?" and when she opened the door/curtain, the guy was standing there with it all hanging (well, not exactly hanging, it was vertical in the other direction...) out. It was so common that the staff didn't even get surprised, they just answered "It's way too small.".
[lol]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surfcitydogdad     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Clean-up in aisle 6!

What is becoming of the fabric of our society?

--------------------
Only when we remake ourselves can we remake the world.
- Outer Limits (2001)

Posts: 559 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Emphasis mine:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddylizard:
We had a similar experience in Safeway's in Hastings several years back. We went in for a few bits for dinner, and there was a guy calmly wandering around the aisles, with his trousers unzipped and his penis dangling out. I don't know what the outcome was, we just grabbed what we wanted, paid and left.[/QB]

I have a feeling that was exactly what he was hoping for. [lol]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My SIL was in a bookstore and found a guy in the back "getting to work". She just turned around, told the cashier, and left.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 07 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
A 22-year-old man was arrested and charged with indecent exposure after employees at Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts told police he was exposing himself to customers and masturbating in the store.

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061220/COUNTY090101/61220038

Uh...

That's the store where I usually get my yarn.

*shudder*

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Donovan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donovan   E-mail Donovan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Back in '89, I was posted at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL for my Army AIT training. With the exception of the 55Bs (BB Stackers) and a few like them, nearly every trainie had a moderate to high security clearence just for the school. (For example, I was a radar repairman for the HAWK missile system.) Back then, the story was that a year or so prior, a guy who was just a week or so short of graduating (the adverage school was over 6 months long) when he was caught in one of the dressing rooms of the on-base department store with women's lingere in one hand, and take a wild guess where the other was. Can you say "Kiss your security clearence goodbye"?

Of course, this is the same base that told the story of some draftee during the late Vietnam period believing another student that his future job was 'In Flight Missile Repair'.

--------------------
Illius me paenitet, dux (Latin for fun and business)

"It's like trying to hawk pork chops at a kosher PETA banquet." - Esprise Me

Posts: 429 | From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From the comments-

Life's not easy with an ANGRY INCH.

You'd think he could find another more appropriate store to be arrested in . . . those poor grannies just trying to get their last gifts purchased and finished.

My oh my.

PS - Don't blame it on the drugs!

[lol]

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MrDabble
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrDabble   E-mail MrDabble   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
HA HA HA. Love the name on the link how appropriate.
Posts: 30 | From: Thornton, CO | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, there is a Dick's Sporting Goods right next door to this Joann, Etcetera.

I wonder if he saw the sign and got inspired.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages