snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Murder suspect may have fled wearing veil.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Murder suspect may have fled wearing veil.
Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man wanted for WPC murder was a refugee. Oh, and he was already an offender out on parole, whom the Home Office had declined to deport. Also, he may have fled the country disguised as a woman wearing a veil. I suspect that either Richard Littlejohn or Simon Heffer may actually explode when writing about this story.

quote:
Police seeking a man over the murder of Pc Sharon Beshenivsky are considering the theory he may have fled the UK dressed as a veiled Muslim woman.

It is understood West Yorkshire Police - who have not commented on reports about the veil theory - regard it only as one of a number of possibilities.

The wanted man, Mustaf Jamma, is the brother of Yusuf Jamma who was found guilty of the Pc's murder this week.

Mustaf Jamma is believed to be in his native Somalia.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dara bhur gCara:
I suspect that either Richard Littlejohn or Simon Heffer may actually explode when writing about this story.

We can but hope...

The front page of the Express featured a not-very-good photoshopping of his face with a veil.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah right, this must be the story that goes with the classic Daily Mail front page I saw at lunch. There was a big picture of an unhappy looking family, and the headline

WHAT ABOUT OUR RIGHTS?

(edit) Oh, not quite - that's actually about the fact that they didn't deport the murderer before he killed the policewoman, on the grounds that he was an asylum-seeker and therefore had a right to be here or something ridiculous.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
Ah right, this must be the story that goes with the classic Daily Mail front page I saw at lunch. There was a big picture of an unhappy looking family, and the headline

WHAT ABOUT OUR RIGHTS?

(edit) Oh, not quite - that's actually about the fact that they didn't deport the murderer before he killed the policewoman, on the grounds that he was an asylum-seeker and therefore had a right to be here or something ridiculous.

To be fair, they do have a point, when you consider that Jamma had already been convicted of a violent crime. On the other hand, deporting someone to a war-torn country is a bit steep for one offence, and I assume that Jamma could display some credible reason that he would fear for his life, such as "It's ****ing Somalia!".

Though the fact that he seems to have voluntarily fled there would knock that argument into a cocked hat.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages