snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Feral hoodies - but this time it's for real

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feral hoodies - but this time it's for real
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Teenagers convicted of torture

quote:
Prosecuting, Nicholas Cartwright said Miss James was also verbally abused, threatened with a knife, battered with a chair and foot-rest.

She was forced to drink a glass containing urine and cigarette butts and made to eat chilli powder.

Her hair and head were burnt when two aerosols were converted into "flame-throwers".

Over recent months, I have derived much innocent amusement from the Daily Mail's and others' contention that British youths are terrifying monsters.

It is profoundly upsetting to have to ask, does the Daily Mail perhaps have a point? How can children in what I hope remains one of the world's most civilised nations, be so utterly lacking in empathy, decency, and common humanity?

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, what the Daily Mail and such tend to do is take one terrible, terrible instance and imply somehow that every member of the group the attackers are labeled as are just as bad.

But you wouldn't do a thing like that.

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well of course I do, Spooky Cactus, but when I do it, it is purely for fun. I hope that nobody reading my posts on feral cannibal EMO goth hoodies drinking the blood of old folk, mixed with alcopops, is actually scared to go outside their front door as a result.

That would be political correctness gone mad.

ETA: for those who are worried about street crime in the UK, here's a link to the UK's Home Office statistics page on violent crime, which shows that the Home Office are doing a good job, so we can all can relax and kick back with a nice bottle of Buckfast.

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages