snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Teen rapes mom to get back at brother (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Teen rapes mom to get back at brother
ComicBookGeek
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComicBookGeek     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My God! I've never been more ashamed to be from Alabama.

Here's the blurb
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10173345/detail.html

This video tells more about it but I do'nt think this link will work. You can find it on CNN.com

javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/law/2006/10/30/houk.fl.teen.bus.driver.wkmg','2006/11/06');

--------------------
My Blog

Posts: 177 | From: Mobile, AL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How can any man rape a woman when he doesn't desire her sexually?

The idea of rape as an act of revenge against another man is ridiculous! It's a purely non-sexual motive! I have heard of this myth so often, but I never believed it!

Also, what guy would desire his own biological mother, unless he is "over-sexed"?

Barbara R.

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sexual humiliation is for many people the ultimate in personal shame. Imagine how it feels to be raped by your own son, and then you know the motive for it.
longer article:
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=5599086

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really think rape is more about power and control than it is about sex. 90 year old grandmothers have been raped; I doubt it's because they were prancing about in a bikini.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That man went about it the wrong way. However, I don't know what he ought to have done to get back at his brother. If you really, really, really wanted to get back at someone for something like what happened to that teen in the OP, how ought you go about doing it?

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sound like this rape was about power. He loses a fight (guessing about losing) to his brother about girlfriend. So he feel inadequate about being a man and need to prove him self. What better way than to have sex with a unwilling partener. How is avalable? None other than drunk, passed out and defenceless mother. Since I can not see anyway raping one own mother is a way take revenge on brother actions. Since the brother is not hurt much by this action. I would have to say the rape was to nothing more than to help his own hurt ego.
Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bratling
Silence of the Clams

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bratling   E-mail bratling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pseudo says

quote:
If you really, really, really wanted to get back at someone for something like what happened to that teen in the OP, how ought you go about doing it?
... I really can't believe you asked that.

eta quote

Posts: 1141 | From: TamperBay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Legion600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion600   E-mail Legion600   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara R.:

The idea of rape as an act of revenge against another man is ridiculous! It's a purely non-sexual motive! I have heard of this myth so often, but I never believed it!

To deal woth your points in turn.
Rape is about violence and control not sexual desire.

Rape as an act of revenge against another man has been practiced for thousands of years, often as a weapon in war. It isn't a "myth."
Here's a United Nations report. Think about it. How better to get back at an enemy then degrade his wife/daughter/female family member and possibly impregnate them? Yes, it's sick and disgusting but welcome to the world.

As an addendum, this wasn't his first rape.

--------------------
Yes. I'm Evil. What's your point?

Posts: 199 | From: Bowling Green, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 02 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
That man went about it the wrong way. However, I don't know what he ought to have done to get back at his brother. If you really, really, really wanted to get back at someone for something like what happened to that teen in the OP, how ought you go about doing it?

- Pseudo_Croat

Were I in a situation in which I fought over a potential romantic partner with a sibling and lost I wouldn't try to "get back at" anyone involved. I'd get over it, and depending on circumstance perhaps not talk to one or both parties. What drove you to ask such a thing?

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poisoned candy from strangers:
What drove you to ask such a thing?

I was simply wondering if there was a better way of getting back at the person instead of rape. In other words, if you really, really were more interested in vengeance than making up, what would be the best way to do it?

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Also, what guy would desire his own biological mother, unless he is "over-sexed"?

Barbara R.

I do sincerely hope this whole post was in jest. Please tell me you don't believe that rape is about sexual attraction. Please?

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 02 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
What drove you to ask such a thing?

I was simply wondering if there was a better way of getting back at the person instead of rape. In other words, if you really, really were more interested in vengeance than making up, what would be the best way to do it?

- Pseudo_Croat

What's that quote? "the best revenge is a life well lived"? I think getting over it and not letting sh*t get to you is better than dwelling on something and doing something that just proves to the person you're mad at that you're an a-hole.

--------------------

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Singing in the Drizzle:
Sound like this rape was about power.

All rape is about power.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
quote:

Barbara R.

I do sincerely hope this whole post was in jest. Please tell me you don't believe that rape is about sexual attraction. Please?
Nor that a man needs to be sexually aroused to commit a rape.

Nor that rape is never used a tool for revenge or punishment.

I fail to see how any literate person with the slightest understanding of world events could possibly believe that any of that was a "myth".

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have heard of this myth so often, but I never believed it!

Nitpick: You heard that explanation but thought it was a myth. It isn't.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What's that quote? "the best revenge is a life well lived"? I think getting over it and not letting sh*t get to you is better than dwelling on something and doing something that just proves to the person you're mad at that you're an a-hole.

But that's not what I'm talking about. The hypothetical person I'm talking about isn't at all interested about making up - only about vengeance. That said, what would be a better way for this person to get back at the person who wronged them other than rape?

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------

Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

- Pseudo_Croat

Why do you ever need to "get back at" somebody? An eye for an eye means everybody ends up blind.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

But that's not what I'm talking about. The hypothetical person I'm talking about isn't at all interested about making up - only about vengeance. That said, what would be a better way for this person to get back at the person who wronged them other than rape?

- Pseudo_Croat

I'm not talking about making up either, I'm talking about being enough of a grownup not to feel the need to get back at someone.

--------------------

Pseudo_Croat

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amigone201:
Why do you ever need to "get back at" somebody? An eye for an eye means everybody ends up blind.

Why does my hypothetical individual feel the need to get back at someone? Because he wants to. Because he knows no other way. And finally, because the plot demands it.

That said, what would be the best way to seek vengeance in this situation other than rape or "a life well lived"?

- Pseudo (work with me, people) Croat

--------------------

NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

- Pseudo_Croat

Are you actually trying to justify revenge, let alone rape?

Because I really doubt that you are completely clueless about revenge tactics.

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

- Pseudo_Croat

Pistols at dawn? Or a car bomb?

ETA
quote:
And finally, because the plot demands it.

The plot. [Roll Eyes] Plot? What bloody plot? This is a real life event, not some piece of bloody trash fiction.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Why? This board does not exist solely so that you can be given answers to inane questions.

ETA:  -

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Em:
quote:
Why? This board does not exist solely so that you can be given answers to inane questions.
I think the answer P_C wants isnt exactly one she's likely to ever get.

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat

quote:
Originally posted by NocturnalGoddess never drinks- wine:

No, I'm not trying to justify rape. Rape is a thoroughly disgusting and reprehensible thing (which, in this case, seemed to be more motivated by rage than power, but I digress). I do, however, believe that there is a better way of getting one's revenge on someone other than rape of "a life well lived". I'm just not sure what it would be. I am indeed trely clueless with regards to revenge tactics, and this question is not as totally inane as you folks think.

- Pseudo_Croat

--------------------

candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What do you want us to say, P_C? So far people are telling you we don't believe there is a need for revenge, so why are we likely to be able to think of a revenge?

Just to end the questions I think I'll say overuse of the finger-wagging icon is an excellent revenge. You got that down, case closed.

--------------------

Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pseudo_Croat, are you asking for some general tips on revenge? Depending on the circumstances, there are some great ones out there, not involving rape or fatal injury. Let me know your circumstances and I'll try to remember some of the best I've heard of. Off the top of my head, planting a prawn or small piece of seafood in a concealed place in the offenders house is quite good.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

No, I'm not trying to justify rape. Rape is a thoroughly disgusting and reprehensible thing (which, in this case, seemed to be more motivated by rage than power, but I digress). I do, however, believe that there is a better way of getting one's revenge on someone other than rape of "a life well lived". I'm just not sure what it would be. I am indeed trely clueless with regards to revenge tactics, and this question is not as totally inane as you folks think.

- Pseudo_Croat

The problem for me is that the whole idea of 'revenge" - particularly in regard to some relationship slight - involves descending into infantile behaviour.

Yes, I can imagine that if I had a fight with someone over another person's affections (stupid as that would be) I might feel I'd want revenge. I also like to think I'd realise at the same time that (like the fight itself) such feelings were pointless, unhelpful, childish, inane and self-destructive and that any time spent contemplating the revenge would be better off spent getting over myself and moving on.

As such there is no "best" way to get revenge. there is only the choice between adult and childish behaviour.

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dropbear:
As such there is no "best" way to get revenge. there is only the choice between adult and childish behaviour.

Dropbear

You can always invade their country, kill their leaders, torture their people, and allow violence and killing to go on unimpeded.

Because that's not childish behavior, it's international relations.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

- Pseudo_Croat

Yeah, there are revenges that could be done, but usually revenge is a short term answer to a problem. I've often thought of ways that I could have harmed someone who wronged me, but then that would make me worse than the person who did the wrong in the first place. I think the problem is that here, that makes the whole revenge thing horrific is that instead of getting revenge on his brother, the person he was mad at, he raped his mother. I don't even have words for that.

So my rambly point is revenge gives you the quick high of things now being equal, but when you lower yourself, you know where you find yourself. I won't quote the rest of that usual quote in that I like pigs and find it pigist.

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
VersesBatman
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VersesBatman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Psuedo Croat, your question is like asking "So what's the best way to kill someone?"

How do you answer that?

--------------------
It's like they took a bunch of movies, put them in a blender and turned it on really fast!-Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posts: 2603 | From: Magna, Utah | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Legion600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion600   E-mail Legion600   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VersesBatman:
Psuedo Croat, your question is like asking "So what's the best way to kill someone?"

How do you answer that?

"Are you wearing a wire?"

Seriously though, Psuedo Croat there's this great invention called Google. Try looking there. You sound like one of my wife's students trying to get someone else to do there work.

--------------------
Yes. I'm Evil. What's your point?

Posts: 199 | From: Bowling Green, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James D
Deck the Malls

Icon 27 posted      Profile for James D   E-mail James D   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now and then there come along individuals who are so twisted and evil that one wonders if they should simply be destroyed, as one would do with a rabid wolverine.

Failing that, committed to a secure institution for the safety of society until they either expire or some sort of cure for evil is found. (Or at least for psycholgical pathologies like antisocial personallity disorder)

--------------------
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )

Posts: 244 | From: Ventura, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bonnie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I would have to say the rape was to nothing more than to help his own hurt ego.
Or perhaps he's just one sick MF,

quote:
Sand Mountain rape suspect now a suspect in the Shoals

WAFF-TV, Huntsville, AL
Oct 30, 2006 09:39 PM EST

Less than a week after being arrested in his hometown of Albertville, Gary Helms Junior is in even more trouble. The 19-year-old, who is already accused of raping his own mother, now faces charges in Lauderdale county, according to detective Travis Clemons.

[...]

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=5610299&nav=0hBE

--------------------
Se non è vero, è ben trovato.

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiesnix
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiesnix   E-mail Pixiesnix   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Further chilling is the information that he found his first victim while operating a kiddie ride at an Oktoberfest carnival.

Okay, time to vomit.

--------------------
Ye cannot get ye flask!

Posts: 42 | From: O'Fallon, IL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages