snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Couple kidnapped daughter to force abortion (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Couple kidnapped daughter to force abortion
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:
Oh, wait. You were talking about pot, weren't you. Pheww.....

No, not pot. Chocolate.... [Wink]
Chocolate is acceptable, even for someone who reminds me of daddy.....

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody Important   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Little Pink Pill:
May I make a suggestion? Linguistically speaking, "parasite" is as emotionally evocative a word as "baby," but in the other direction. Perhaps in a debate that is destined to be intense anyway, it would be better for both sides to just stick to the scientific term "fetus," rather than use words that either conjure up images of snugly, smiley, chubby cheeked little humans or writhing, sticky, life sucking worms.

quote:
Chloe:
Interestingly, the same people who use "baby" seem to be the ones who insist others use "parasite." Since I tend not to use either, I'd be in favor of LPP's proposal.

NI agrees with LPP, but wonders who these people are “who use ‘baby’” and “insist others use ‘parasite,’” according to Chloe. [Confused]

quote:
Ryda Wong:
Or the offspring in the Alien movies? Huh? That was certainly a parasite.

quote:
MaleOrderBride:
Quoting "Alien"- a Hollywood blockbuster movie- as evidence that fetuses are parasites?!?

quote:
Ryda Wong:
Wow. Sarcasm really doesn't translate well when one is dealing with the dim, does it?

Pssst.. MaleOrderBride... it wouldn't have been sarcasm if you'd fallen for it. [Razz]

quote:
Ryda Wong:
Fine. I'm not in the mood to piss off the freaks today anyway.....

Sure you are.

quote:
Nobody Important:
My comment is certainly no stupider than this one:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possibly because other species are not renowned for their facility with English?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or this one:

quote:
Well, that we know of. Just because humans may not call another species' offspring parasites does not automatically mean that that other species may not call its unborn offsping parasites.

or this one:

quote:
Since we don't know that animals have the self-knowledge to think of an unborn as a parasite, we don't refer to the unborn as a parasite.

[QUOTE]vanilla:
The difference between those statements and yours is that you are stating something as fact and these statements bring up the unknown possibilities regarding that "fact."

You can keep laughing at the absurdity of it all (I know I am), but stating an unknown as a fact is generally looked down on 'round these parts, last I checked.

Let’s review what my “stupid” comment really was, shall we? (The one only partially quoted by Ryda)

quote:
NI:
I would just add that everyone knows – duh – that other species don’t refer to their own unborn offspring as “parasites.” But guess what– we humans don’t generally refer to their feti as “parasites” either. Human feti are referred to as “parasites” as a cheap verbal hand-grenade to try to make people forget the “human” part.

In other words, it’s all about “pissing off the freaks.” It has nothing to do with logic, science, or adding to the discussion.
Posts: 482 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Nobody Important   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
RingKeeper - sugar, sweetheart, darling, you're wasting your time.

It really doesn't matter what Ryda posts, don't you get it? She will either be defended or you'll get a "huh? what? I must have been asleep when she said Doug might as well rape his daughter."

Snark is like a parasite - it's all subjective, all in the eye of the beholder, dude.ETA: dudette (excuse me)

Posts: 482 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SweetieBird
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetieBird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Petty bickering here we come!

--------------------
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" -- seen on a t-shirt

Posts: 319 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ryda, I have to tell you that Ringkeeper is right. She has given you the best advice that mothers have given their daughters for generations:

1. Don't let anyone know you are intelligent. Don't act intelligent and certainly never tell anyone.

2. Ignore the bullies. They're just trying to get a rise out of you and they'll go away if you ignore them.

3. Don't correct people when they are wrong. It makes it look like you think you are smart and it might embarrass them.

4. Most important, BE NICE! Nothing is more important than that a girl be nice.

The 50's were a wonderful time.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sara at home:
Ryda, I have to tell you that Ringkeeper is right. She has given you the best advice that mothers have given their daughters for generations:

1. Don't let anyone know you are intelligent. Don't act intelligent and certainly never tell anyone.

Where did I say this? I don't have a problem with Ryda's intelligence. In fact, I said if she's got it flaunt it.

quote:
2. Ignore the bullies. They're just trying to get a rise out of you and they'll go away if you ignore them.

uh, sure.

quote:
3. Don't correct people when they are wrong. It makes it look like you think you are smart and it might embarrass them.

Again, where did I say this? What I said was it is possible to have a discussion or argument without resorting to childish name calling. I think if someone is intelligent enough this should be easy.

quote:
4. Most important, BE NICE! Nothing is more important than that a girl be nice.

The 50's were a wonderful time.

What's so bad about being nice? You say that like it's a bad thing. At any rate, I didn't say anything about always being nice.

If you think that having a civil discussion is a throwback from the 1950's then I feel sorry for you.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What I fail to understand is Ryda gets taken to the woodshed so to speak for being "rude" and "childishly calling names." There are others in this thread (and on the bb in general) that do the same things and make fewer intelligent contributions to the conversation. Yet these people seldom get called out on their "rude" behavior, at least to the scolding finger shaking point Ryda is getting it. Is the difference because Ryda points out the stupidity of the arguments made by these same other people? Is it because her voice is so far out of the main stream as to make some folks a little uncomfortable? Or is it because she baldly states the things that many of us are too damn squeamishly "polite" to state? Maybe if some one posts something that is uniformed, uncited, incorrect, and...well dumb...they should get called on it. Ryda's style is upfront and confrontational, but I've never seen her take mindless snarky potshots at others with little to no content. Something I can't say for everyone.

I completely understand Sara's post about "niceness" to me that is exactly what's going on here.

P&LL, Syl

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RingKeeper:
If you think that having a civil discussion is a throwback from the 1950's then I feel sorry for you.

Feel sorry for me that I was raised in a society that went by those rules. Being nice isn't all it's cracked up to be.

BTW, civil discussions take two people. Not everyone wants civil discussions all the time, not on the internet and not in real life.

And don't forget that highly intelligent people should not be held to any more or less of a social standard than those who aren't highly intelligent. Being highly intelligent does not mean that a person isn't going to be childish, snarky or even down right annoying. Life's like that.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Nobody Important   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ryda held to a higher standard of civility?

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Sara at home

quote:
Originally posted by Nobody Important:
Ryda held to a higher standard of civility?

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

If you read the thread and comprehended what your were reading you would understand that is exactly what RingKeeper was doing.

ETA: Nice of you, NI, to acknowledge that one of the people I was talking about being highly intelligent is Ryda.

--------------------

Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Nobody Important   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If you read the thread and comprehended what your were reading you would understand that is exactly what RingKeeper was doing.

RingKeeper on the grassy knoll... hmmmmmmm
Sara at home

Do you write that stuff that makes no sense just to get in the last word?

--------------------

Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody Important   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

No, do you?
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course Sara doesn't... because she doesn't make posts that make no sense. Childish immediately comes to mind with this necessity to have the "last word".

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanz:
What I fail to understand is Ryda gets taken to the woodshed so to speak for being "rude" and "childishly calling names." There are others in this thread (and on the bb in general) that do the same things and make fewer intelligent contributions to the conversation. Yet these people seldom get called out on their "rude" behavior, at least to the scolding finger shaking point Ryda is getting it. Is the difference because Ryda points out the stupidity of the arguments made by these same other people? Is it because her voice is so far out of the main stream as to make some folks a little uncomfortable? Or is it because she baldly states the things that many of us are too damn squeamishly "polite" to state? Maybe if some one posts something that is uniformed, uncited, incorrect, and...well dumb...they should get called on it. Ryda's style is upfront and confrontational, but I've never seen her take mindless snarky potshots at others with little to no content. Something I can't say for everyone.

I completely understand Sara's post about "niceness" to me that is exactly what's going on here.

P&LL, Syl

I think she gets call out the most because she's the most... well, in-your-face, I guess. She just doesn't take any nonsense from anyone, and sometimes that comes off as a little too abrasive. I'll admit that when I first started noticing her posts, I was thoroughly disgusted with her. I thought she was far too harsh. I have come to realize that she is simply passionate about what she believes, and she's not afraid to tell people. I should respect that rather than be offended by it. There are still times when I think she may cross a line or two, but no more than the rest of us.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

Maybe we should just make this the "Ryda" thread. If anyone's still interested in the OP, tribrats has started a new thread with an updated news story.
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never mind.

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RingKeeper:
[qb] If you think that having a civil discussion is a throwback from the 1950's then I feel sorry for you.

quote:
Feel sorry for me that I was raised in a society that went by those rules. Being nice isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Then that's your problem, don't project it onto me. I wasn't raised in that sort of society. In fact, I was raised in a culture where argument and debate was a livelihood. Just because someone is on the opposite side of the fence doesn't mean you have to stop being civil.

quote:
And don't forget that highly intelligent people should not be held to any more or less of a social standard than those who aren't highly intelligent. Being highly intelligent does not mean that a person isn't going to be childish, snarky or even down right annoying. Life's like that.
I'm not holding her to a higher standard. If she was a complete moron and she was insulting to the degree that I've noticed her, I would still call her on it. It can go back to Chloe's post to me about looking foolish. If Ryda is concerned with looking like the intelligent poster she is, why does she feel the need to insult others and lower herself to a grade school level?

--------------------

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

No, do you?
[lol] Oh so busted!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by Little Pink Pill:
Never mind.

Oh well - you tried.
Nobody Important
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
quote:
quote:

No, do you?
[lol] Oh so busted!
If you have fantasies (again) of me exercising my "right to remain silent," sorry to disappoint you (again).

[Razz]

Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think Christie was disappointed.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
I don't think Christie was disappointed.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bonnie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Not everyone wants civil discussions all the time, not on the internet and not in real life.
That may be so, but I don't suppose that putting into practice a need for uncivil discussion has much of a place on this message board.

-- Bonnie

--------------------
Se non è vero, è ben trovato.

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

quote:
Originally posted by Little Pink Pill:
May I make a suggestion? Linguistically speaking, "parasite" is as emotionally evocative a word as "baby," but in the other direction. Perhaps in a debate that is destined to be intense anyway, it would be better for both sides to just stick to the scientific term "fetus," rather than use words that either conjure up images of snugly, smiley, chubby cheeked little humans or writhing, sticky, life sucking worms.

I'm sure there are people out there who refer to fetuses as "parasites" but I have never run into anyone who uses the word "parasite" instead of "fetus". When I use or see others using the word "parasite" it is to explain that biological relationship between fetus and the woman in whose body the fetus lives.

Saying that a fetus is a parasite is not done as a counterpoint to the use of the word "baby" to describe a fetus.

--------------------

Sara at home

quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie:
quote:
Not everyone wants civil discussions all the time, not on the internet and not in real life.
That may be so, but I don't suppose that putting into practice a need for uncivil discussion has much of a place on this message board.

-- Bonnie

Well, having been called both a drunk and mentally ill by the same poster who doesn't agree with my politics simply because he doesn't agree with my politics, I would have to say that there does seem to be a place for incivility on this board. Both times, there was no discussion, simply quoting me and making those comments. I'm trying to figure out why some people are allowed to be uncivil and others get taken to the woodshed for it. Any ideas?

ETA: BTW, the person I am referring to rarely if ever contributes as much to discussions as Ryda does but seems, instead, to post just to be uncivil to people. Why is that ok? Double standard?

--------------------

Bonnie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Bonnie   E-mail Bonnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And reporting posts you felt evinced incivility towards you has gotten you nowhere?

-- Bonnie

--------------------
Se non è vero, è ben trovato.

Posts: -99014 | From: Chapel Hill, North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

quote:
And reporting posts you felt evinced incivility towards you has gotten you nowhere?

-- Bonnie

I don't report things like that because I expect that things like that happen in this world. I'm a grown up and I don't go whining to the authorities about what people say to me. I either address it directly with the person or ignore it. That's the way life goes.

ETA: Seriously, there does seem to be an idea that the women are suppose to be nicer than the men who post which is why I brought up that 50's thing.

--------------------

Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:

-- Bonnie

I didn't get the impression Sara was talking about moderater response or non-response to incivility.

It is interesting that some people who post here get called out on their posting style, often in pile on fashion and at great length, while others can be rude, dismissive, and arrogant and are given a rather wide berth. Perhaps it is because some posters, even though they raise our ire, are perceived as being weak? They can be turned on without fear of repercussion. While others make us tread warily lest in our rush to defend someone we may feel is being badly treated, we find that they have turned on us?

To my shame I admit I have noticed a few of our more abrasive posters getting vicious with someone and instead of posting in the thread I have mentally wiped my brow and thought "phew glad it's not me". I'm not proud of that.

--------------------

RingKeeper

quote:
ETA: BTW, the person I am referring to rarely if ever contributes as much to discussions as Ryda does but seems, instead, to post just to be uncivil to people. Why is that ok? Double standard?

I don't think anybody said it was.

Why should it be OK for Ryda to insult people just because she contributes a lot? By that logic I should be able to say whatever the hell I want because I've been here way longer than Ryda.

quote:
It is interesting that some people who post here get called out on their posting style, often in pile on fashion and at great length, while others can be rude, dismissive, and arrogant and are given a rather wide berth. Perhaps it is because some posters, even though they raise our ire, are perceived as being weak? They can be turned on without fear of repercussion. While others make us tread warily lest in our rush to defend someone we may feel is being badly treated, we find that they have turned on us?

I don't think Ryda can be described as weak. But it is interesting to note that no one piled on to attack Ryda when I called her on her hostile behaviour. Rather, they came out of the woodwork to defend her.

Does that make me the weak one?

--------------------

Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it makes you the one trying to "moderate" the posting behavior of the rest of us. That report post button works both ways you know. I submit that if the conversation had just carried on with no one shaking their finger at Ryda we might still be discussing the topic instead of discussing posting styles. It's really your choice. Just like it's Ryda's choice to tell people how she really feels. Interestingly the snarkiest people on this thread have avoided your ire. I wonder why that is?

P&LL, Syl

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
I don't think Ryda can be described as weak. But it is interesting to note that no one piled on to attack Ryda when I called her on her hostile behaviour. Rather, they came out of the woodwork to defend her.

I wasn't really even thinking of this specific thread, more the general trend I've noticed where Ryda is concerned. And not just Ryda of course. I could point to posters and threads where I see this happen but I don't think it's really going to serve any good purpose. Surely though I am far from the only one who has noticed this phenomenon?

My point was more why pick at Ryda for being insulting to one specific poster in this thread? Where were you when I was being called a bitch a few weeks ago? It would have been nice to have someone take on the poster who thought it was perfectly fine to call a woman he disagreed with a bitch. Yet there was a stunning lack of response in that thread, at least directed at him for that specific post anyhow.

Incidentally can it be called "coming out of the woodwork" if they were already posting in the thread though?

--------------------

RingKeeper

quote:
quote:

I wasn't really even thinking of this specific thread, more the general trend I've noticed where Ryda is concerned. And not just Ryda of course. I could point to posters and threads where I see this happen but I don't think it's really going to serve any good purpose. Surely though I am far from the only one who has noticed this phenomenon?

Incidentally can it be called "coming out of the woodwork" if they were already posting in the thread though?

I understand what you're saying Christie. I was just making an observation.

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanz:
No, it makes you the one trying to "moderate" the posting behavior of the rest of us. That report post button works both ways you know. I submit that if the conversation had just carried on with no one shaking their finger at Ryda we might still be discussing the topic instead of discussing posting styles. It's really your choice. Just like it's Ryda's choice to tell people how she really feels. Interestingly the snarkiest people on this thread have avoided your ire. I wonder why that is?

Because I took one person to task for insulting people I'm suddenly responsible for all the others? I am not trying to maderate the behaviour of the whole board but it bugs me when someone is being unnecessarily hostile and I'd had enough.

If it's ok to call someone on posting nonsense or trying to have the last word, why is it such a problem for me to call some one on throwing around insults?

quote:
My point was more why pick at Ryda for being insulting to one specific poster in this thread? Where were you when I was being called a bitch a few weeks ago? It would have been nice to have someone take on the poster who thought it was perfectly fine to call a woman he disagreed with a bitch. Yet there was a stunning lack of response in that thread, at least directed at him for that specific post anyhow.

My issue with Ryda stems from more than just this thread. I just finally had enough.

And, Christie, if I had seen the thread where you were being called a bitch I most likely would have said something. I'm not the nice police, but it really burns me when people can't be at least civil.

--------------------

Sara at home

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sara at home: ETA: BTW, the person I am referring to rarely if ever contributes as much to discussions as Ryda does but seems, instead, to post just to be uncivil to people. Why is that ok? Double standard?

I don't think anybody said it was.

But no one is saying it isn't. Not the way some posters (and I'm not just talking about you) are quick to jump on women when they get snarky.

quote:
Why should it be OK for Ryda to insult people just because she contributes a lot? By that logic I should be able to say whatever the hell I want because I've been here way longer than Ryda.

But you missed the point.....Ryda isn't snarky for the sake of being snarky. For some people it's part of the flow of the discussion just like when people discuss things in realy life. The comment "You're full of shit" and it's variation are quite common in discourse. My point was that there are people who don't get involved with the discourse, who aren't caught up in the moment but who are far more uncivil than Ryda. Time on the board was never mentioned. The issue was contribution to the discussion.

quote:
quote:

It isn't the first time Ryda has been attacked for being mean to other posters. Seems like there has been an undercurrent that it's ok to dump on her because she occassionally calls someone a moron or something. Attempting to correct someone who seems to be an bit of an outsider doesn't take much bravery. Can't help thinking that if her passion wasn't women's issues that this wouldn't be as ok as it is.

--------------------

Sara at home

quote:
My issue with Ryda stems from more than just this thread. I just finally had enough.

Then do what you tell your children to do when they have a complaint about someone -- ignore her. She hasn't done anything to you, she isn't hurting you, just ignore her.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages