snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Chilling 9/11 911 Call (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chilling 9/11 911 Call
Ivylinn
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ivylinn   E-mail Ivylinn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1153472861/Very_Chilling_911_Call
Posts: 3 | From: Hartford, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
babys-breath
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babys-breath   E-mail babys-breath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My God. That's all I can say ... my God.
Where did you get this?

--------------------
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy ...

Posts: 6 | From: Fairmont, WV | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
joshxrt22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshxrt22     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jesus....

--------------------
I don't want to lose heart...I want to believe

Posts: 32 | From: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, my God...

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BluesScale
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BluesScale   E-mail BluesScale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am sorry to say that I see no reason to doubt the accuracy of this video.

Blues

Posts: 207 | From: Woolhampton, Berks, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MeliKoritsi   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's an awful thing to hear, but I think it's real- people can act, but it's hard to fake the frustration and fear in that man's voice. [Frown]

--------------------
"In the harsh light of day, your plans seem crude and childish, making it all the more obvious that you need a good planning lamp."
>Liquor in the front, poker in the rear<

Posts: 424 | From: Edina, Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A search on google finds transcripts of this that were released in April.

--------------------
Fundamentally Unfundie since 1975

Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was so, so painful to hear/watch. The only person I know personally who was killed in the WTC was a great man- I was friends with his son and they're just wonderful people, and my only prayer after everyone realized he hadn't made it was that he had no clue what was happening.

As an aside, parts of Queens, many parts of Queens, have been without power for a week now. Hurricane Katrina still hasn't been properly cleaned up. Are we moving towards some kind of scary civilization breakdown here?

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sister Ray
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Sister Ray   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sister Ray   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh god. Every time I think I've fully grasped the horror of 9/11, I see something like this.

Sister "nothing more to say" Ray

--------------------
The Organization. Adam Haseeb Memorial Pages. My library.

"There can't be a war on Christmas. Even Cambridge has decorations up!" - an observation I made

Posts: 2719 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silkenreindeer
Wassaleing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silkenreindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's far too easy to label something like 9/11 a great tragedy, and - among the thousands dead - forget the individual lives that were impacted. Somehow it's easier to see a big number, and to deal with a big number, than to be confronted with the end of one individual's life.

I don't know if what I'm trying to say here is coming across. Just...

Posts: 494 | From: Epping, Essex, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. That was chilling.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure I want to click on the link. Can someone tell me briefly what it's about, and whether we see any fire? Thanks.

ETA - sorry, being dim there, it's a 911 call so no pictures. But if fire is involved, then I'd rather know before I click. Thanks.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was having trouble with the audio, so I looked up the transcript.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Neffti--

I didn't listen, I read the transcript. There is heavy smoke involved from fire, but no direct involvement of fire. Hope that helps.

Bee

ETA: Neffti, if you click the first link, there is video. Lots of heavy smoke. And it shows the collapse.

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chimera
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimera     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree that its often harder when a specific human's tradgedies are heard. I find mass tradgedy often seems to sureal to comprehend.

The thing that get's me most is that the person was in World Trade Two. If you look at other transcripts several people called from there with concerns after World Trade One was hit and they were told to stay where they were. Of course, at the time, no one knew what was happening (many seemed to think that Woolworth's fired a rocket at it) but... ok, I really don't know. It just seems like such a great and unnecessary waste of human lives.

I'm just glad I wasn't in the situation of making those kind of life and death decisions. When do you know when to evacuate? Heck schools would probably all be empty because of random "bomb threats" called in by students if every threat or preceived threat was taken seriously. I've sat in coffee houses with fire alarms going off and not a damned person leaving. Perhaps that's probably not the brightest thing to do but you can't live in constant fear and paranoia either. Hell just in a day I often hear at least a half dozen car alarms go off... usually its nothing to be concerned with.

I'm not blaming anyone. None of them had a crystal ball. Its just annoying that there was so much senseless loss of lives... but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

I still appreciate what the rescue crews did (some at the expense of their own lives). I know I couldn't do it. My animals' vet used to be a human doctor but he couldn't face the idea of losing a human patient. My grandfather was happy to be a tool and die worker for the autmotive industry. Decades ago he broke a mold that cost around $500,000 (which actually meant something back then). Sure he could lose a job for that but he said it was a far easier mistake to deal with than people like doctors that had other's lives in their hands. So don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the job they did. Like the rest of us the police, fire, rescue departments, ect. are only human. And just the fact that they are willing to get out there and try their best (even putting their own lives in harms way) makes them a better 'men' than I.

I felt the same fustration when the Challenger exploded. From about t -80 seconds before lift off you could already see a problem. I realize that looking back on the tapes now, knowing what happens makes it clearer. Still a part of me can't help but be frustrated by what happened. A dozen more seconds and they would've been fine. They could've done an ABO (abort to orbit) and been fine. I know one can't live life thinking 'If only he hadn't taken such and such street?' or 'If she would've just left five minutes earlier?'. But when it comes to big things that change the world I find it harder not to think about such things. The 9/11 'bombings' were like a huge chain reaction that's still seriously affecting the world and will forever affect the landscape of NYC. The Challenger disater damanged our advancements in the space program (not that anyone actually seems to give a crap about it anymore).

--------------------
"The question for joining the protected forum for real magicians should be:

What is the use of women?"
Steve W. from JREF's 'This is no fun'

Posts: 7622 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow... That was unbelievably heartbreaking.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LemonLimeade
Deck the Malls

Icon 215 posted      Profile for LemonLimeade     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was one of the most horrible things I've ever heard. Like the day itself, that's going to haunt me.

--------------------
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Posts: 285 | From: Woodbridge, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
penna

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penna   E-mail penna   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am seriously bawling right now. oh my god that was so sad.

--------------------
if it sounds too good to be true, than it probably is....

Posts: 39 | From: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This one of those things I wish was faked. Sadly it is not. Chilling.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jack Dylan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Dylan   E-mail Jack Dylan       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abbubmah:
A search on google finds transcripts of this that were released in April.

Wasn't this one of two audio clips that were released during the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui?

--------------------
Eppis: Do you know why being a revolutionary doesn't work in this country? Being a revolutionary in America is like being a spoil sport at an orgy. All these goodies being passed around and you feel like a shit when you say no.

Posts: 294 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A little information on Mr Cosgrove can be found here.

Tributes to him can be found here.

For those of us likely to remain haunted for some time by the recording of Mr Cosgrove's final moments, there is more information on the collapse of the towers here. There is perhaps some small comfort in the thought that when it came, the collapse was very sudden; we can hope that the last agony of those trapped inside, at least, must have been mercifully brief.

[Frown]

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm balling as well. The end made me break down the most. I am still appaled that they told the people in the second tower to go back in [Frown]
I might have hesitated to leave too esp if my boss was telling me... This detail has brought 2 nightmares of me trying to help. So very sad and humbling [Frown]
But what about those who suffered [Frown]
I've only been to the site once and I cried...I got a nasty response from my hubby & his sister...I was shocked but now he knows that it did have an impact on me regardless if I'm not from NY. I'm talking about it with a friend and am still crying.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brillo Bee:
Neffti--

I didn't listen, I read the transcript. There is heavy smoke involved from fire, but no direct involvement of fire. Hope that helps.

Bee

ETA: Neffti, if you click the first link, there is video. Lots of heavy smoke. And it shows the collapse.

Thanks for filling me in. I just read the transcript. Chilling.
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Although I obviously knew the end result, the more I listened and watched the more I hoped the call would end before the collapse. Words pretty much failed me there for a few minutes...
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NYISLES

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYISLES   E-mail NYISLES   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After listening to this... want to head out to Pakastan and personally hunt down that M-FER Bin Laden....especially since Bush goes not give craps about him anymore. Bring the bastard to justice!!!!
Posts: 17 | From: New York, New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NYISLES

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYISLES   E-mail NYISLES   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After listening to this... want to head out to Pakastan and personally hunt down that M-FER Bin Laden....especially since Bush goes not give craps about him anymore. Bring the bastard to justice!!!!
Posts: 17 | From: New York, New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dlloyd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't see the original link... is it the same as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJ7X3CBwTY&search=cosgrove

Posts: 99 | From: Dundee | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's the same transcript--different video though.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lexanne

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Lexanne     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was so incredibly heartbreaking.
Posts: 2 | From: S.W. Missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I too was hoping the call would end before the collapse..I actually had some hope they would get to him...

But...wow...I don't even know what else to say about it.

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That is just heartbreaking.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
and people wonder why the US should back Israel in fighting terrorism...
Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
wow...just...wow...

I umpteen the wish that they would have found him before the towers collapsed. I feel like crying now...I really do...

And Medtchva, the US is backing Lebanon now, didn't you hear? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Robyn, I think the US just sent humanitarian aid to Lebanon. There are still innocent people there who do not belong to Hezbollah.

This is the most recent article I could find that indicates the US isn't backing Lebanon.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my God...That was the first thing I saw or heard after waking up in the morning..

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages