snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Teen cashier slain on first night shift at convenience store

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teen cashier slain on first night shift at convenience store
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 15 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A teenage girl working her first overnight shift at a Montreal convenience store-gas station was found slain.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0125TeenDeath25-ON.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dfresh
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dfresh   E-mail dfresh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dang...being killed on her second night would have been a lot better.
Posts: 420 | From: Oxford, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
halibut
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for halibut   E-mail halibut   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't get a lot of "slain" these days
Posts: 216 | From: Lincoln, UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you have a lot of 'slaining' to do.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dfresh:

Hilarious [Roll Eyes]

More information

quote:
Her name was Brigitte Serre. She was a happy, smiling 17-year-old who agreed to switch her day shift at a gas station for an overnight one, and paid for it with her life.

She was stabbed several times yesterday with a sharp object - police won't confirm it was a knife - sometime between 2 a.m., when a man working nearby made a purchase from her, and 6:15 a.m., when a customer tried to pay for a tank of gas. The customer called police after seeing the overturned cash drawer through the window.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
quote:
Originally posted by dfresh:

Hilarious [Roll Eyes]
I think Dfresh meant that ironically.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vampyrviolia
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vampyrviolia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was illegal to make minors work overnight.

--------------------
Hey, check out my dads website -- www.eastcountyhwy.com
He grooms dogs too.

Posts: 1593 | From: Bedias, TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vampyrviolia:
I thought it was illegal to make minors work overnight.

Not here, though I think you have to be of a certain age.

Latest reports I've seen now say she was probably hit at least once with a blunt object. A witness reports buying a cigarette pack at around 3:30AM/3:45AM and being served by two men, one of whom he could identify as he (the suspect) was a regular employee in the summer (though it is my understanding he no longer works there).

At least the investigation seems to be moving forward. *crosses fingers*

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
new developments

quote:
Police investigating the violent slaying of a 17-year-old gas station attendant have named a teenaged former employee of the same station as a prime suspect.

Montreal police issued an arrest warrant yesterday for 18-year-old Sébastien Simon, who worked at the Shell station and is believed to have known the victim, Brigitte Serre.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages