snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Police Blotter » Accused Stepdad Blames Tortured Girl for Her Death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Accused Stepdad Blames Tortured Girl for Her Death
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a very disturbing story She had it coming...

Apparently to this NFBSKing NFBSK a seven year old eating a cup of yoghurt (oh yeah he was starving her when she did it) is justification for murder. I am generally on the defense's side but in this case I would volunteer to prosecute.

[ 20. January 2006, 08:06 PM:   snopes ]

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What a fucktard. [Mad]

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucktard seconded. GRRRRR... [flame]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. For months, he abuses a 7-year old. Then, when asked who took yoghurt and messed up a printer, the siblings and the mother point their fingers at the girl who's been abused. For months. And her being abused is because she deserved it?? This entire family unit is ... Sick.

ETA: My post initially sounded like the dad wasn't at fault...

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I'm crying, now. I hope someone hangs him by his genitals and lets him slowly starve to death while being hit with a baseball bat at regular intervals. I know, I know, that doesn't sound like me, but in this case. . .

ETA: Menolly, I just realized that I sounded like the father was the only one to blame! Seems like the mother deserves the same treatment, and the siblings should at the very least get mental help.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kingfan1978
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingfan1978     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a suggestion for this asshole's punishment...it involves industrial wire cutters & a bucket. [Mad]

--------------------
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Posts: 411 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I support the Constitution and the basic concept of inherent human rights that should never be violated.

However, reading cases like this, I sometimes wonder if people should be issued licenses before they're allowed to become parents.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Menolly:
Wow. For months, he abuses a 7-year old. Then, when asked who took yoghurt and messed up a printer, the siblings and the mother point their fingers at the girl who's been abused. For months.

It's called scapegoating, and it's pretty common in dysfuntional family units with an abusive patriarch. One member takes the majority of the abuse, and the other member's encourage it to deflect attention from themselves.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deansinger   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Give 'em a fair trail. Then hang 'em! Actually, no, not hanging, not execution. Send them to prison, but keep them in general population. Child abusers are reportedly very low on the prison food chain, and maybe this man and the "mother" who is just as guilty in my opinion, might get to experience being tied to a chair, beaten and assaulted in vile ways. That would be justice, as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you're wrong.. Be Wrong Loud!

Posts: 398 | From: Fallon, NV | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
phaeton
Eagle Opportunity Employer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phaeton   E-mail phaeton   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually I would suggest something involving a wire waistcoat and a cheese grater. (Can anyone tell I just read a Discworld book?)

--------------------
"We assure you that protecting senior citizens from vice-presidential shotgun blasts was, is, and will remain the highest priority of this administration"

Posts: 12 | From: Cottageville, SC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
asnakeny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asnakeny   Author's Homepage   E-mail asnakeny   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WINZ Radio was reporting this morning that Mr. Rodriguez was complaining about his tratment in jail: apparently, other prisoners were repeatedly trying to beat him up. (This case has been getting extensive publicity in NYC...)

--------------------
Is here no telephone?

Posts: 323 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by asnakeny:
WINZ Radio was reporting this morning that Mr. Rodriguez was complaining about his tratment in jail: apparently, other prisoners were repeatedly trying to beat him up. (This case has been getting extensive publicity in NYC...)

Geez, my heart NFBSKing bleeds for him, poor baby. [flame] I so hope the siblings get the help they so desperatly must need. And I second the notion of just tossing mom and stepdad both in with the general prison population. They'll deal with it.

ETA: I canNOT wait to get home and hug 7-year-old DGD!

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deansinger:
Give 'em a fair trail. Then hang 'em! Actually, no, not hanging, not execution. Send them to prison, but keep them in general population. Child abusers are reportedly very low on the prison food chain, and maybe this man and the "mother" who is just as guilty in my opinion, might get to experience being tied to a chair, beaten and assaulted in vile ways. That would be justice, as far as I'm concerned.

I second that as a punnishment for these two. Thee are some cases where death is to nice and this is one of them I agree put them in with the general population. Let them get a taste of their own medecine.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pms
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pms   E-mail pms   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am fron NY and have to say I hope they put both him and her socalled mother in open population in prison. The little girl will than get her justic. As for the rest of the famil, now they all want the other kids. Why, because people have been sending money for these kids. Who gets them, gets the money. The "Grandmother" could not get 84 dollars together to take the baby back to PR and safety. But she sure could get the money to come back now that theres money to be had. Let them know every penny of that money is going into a trust that can't be touched and see how many want the kids. And make a will in the kids name saying if anything happens to one of the kids any moneys will be turned over to the city. See how they run.

--------------------
If I cant be good example let me be a horrible lesson.

Posts: 14 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Princessa
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Princessa     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In their indictment, prosecutors said Rodriguez abused the girl for months as her mother did nothing. The alleged abuse culminated, prosecutors said, when Rodriguez smashed Nixzmary's head against a bathtub.

The mother deserves just as much punishment as that asshole. What kind of mother stands back and lets her child's head get smashed into a tub?!? [Mad]

--------------------
Dr.Cox: I don't know if they taught you this in the land of fairies and puppy dog tails where you obviously, if not grew up, then at least spent most of your summers, but you're in the real world now! M'kay?

Posts: 42 | From: N. Carolina | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I live in Yonkers which isn't far from where this happened. It was on my local news so I didn't know if anyone else had seen it...I cried everytime I saw her story. Her mother claimed she couldn't fend him off b/c she had a miscarriage in Nov and wasn't strong enough. They say now 600 kids have been put into foster homes following this incident. In some cases I hope they dont get them back, there was a mother on probation for scalding her 2 yr old and her youngest died from drowning or scalding when she left him in a bathtub... another 15 y/o girl left her baby in a gym bag and put him in a trashcan. Her parents can either take her OR the baby back...NOT both...I would take my grandchild. [flame]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How much strength does it take to call 911? Even pet ferrets can manage to call 911.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
another 15 y/o girl left her baby in a gym bag and put him in a trashcan. Her parents can either take her OR the baby back...NOT both...I would take my grandchild. [flame]

Wow, what a shitty situation. On the one hand, you really want the baby to be safe and at least have a chance at growing up. On the other hand, the 15 year old is still a child. On yet another hand, maybe the baby would grow up just like the 15 year old since she'll be raised by the same people. It's just so sad how many life or death dilemmas children face growing up. I wish abused children had more options. They can't legally run away, the system doesn't do anything about their parents, they can't work to support themselves and get away until they're 15 or 16, they just have no where to go.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm curious ... why only second-degree murder charges? From the sound of it ("I don't want to say she deserved it, but ... ," he said.), there's enough for premeditation.

I'm a staunch opposer of the death penalty, but this is a case that would test even my resolve.

Although I do like the idea of putting him in with the general prison population.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Princessa:
...What kind of mother stands back and lets her child's head get smashed into a tub?!? [Mad]

Sadly, this happens quite often.

My SIL was on a jury where the stepfather was sexually abusing the daughter. The mother testified in the father's defense ("He NEVER went into her room alone..."). The physical evidence was overwhelming (that the stepfather did repeatedly sexually abuse the child), but the jury hung because most refused to believe that the mother would take the stepfather’s side over her own daughter.

When you have a woman who is defined as a person only when she has a man, the children are expendable. This sounds like another such case.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
When you have a woman who is defined as a person only when she has a man, the children are expendable. This sounds like another such case.

Too true. The extreme situations make the news, but there are many less-extreme versions of the same dynamic.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages