snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Medical Archive » Tetrasil - cure for AIDS?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tetrasil - cure for AIDS?
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure we'd covered this before, but I can't find anything about it through searches.

The patent

The obligitory excitable spam mail

The company website

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
valee
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As soon as I spotten Dusenberg's name in the links, I knew we were dealing with fringe science. These hucksters tack "TETRASIL is currently sold without FDA approval as a no-claim product" in an effort to avoid the FDA approval process, and then make treatment claims for the product: "treat a variety of bacterial, viral, fungal and other skin conditions". Sorry, but any firm that doesn't want to prove that their product works and won't hurt me in the process doesn't get my business.
Posts: 88 | From: Metro DC | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SoToasty
Flock to malls with boughs of cash

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoToasty   E-mail SoToasty   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow,
This stuff is a miracle. It kills bacteria, fungus and viri. Amazing. When/where can I get some stock in the company. This cure-all should not be suppressed by the FDA. They should approve it NOW.

--------------------
Wherever ya go, there ya are.

Posts: 816 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, nevermind testing the treatment and its claims for validity. NOW!

lil

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
valee
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's an idea: instead of clinical trials, let's have Xtreme Pharmaceuticals - a reality show where contestants with a range of conditions, from life threatening to minor, take an unidentified substance to see if it helps or hurts them.
Watch the bodybuilder's liver implode! Share the drama of the little old lady with arthritis as she realizes she'll never see her grandkids graduate. Jeer the male model with mild acne that winds up disfiguring himself.
There can be twists - when a drug is found that actually works, the contestant has to select their drug from several different sources - which is from an inspected US factory? - which is from an uninspected factory in China? - which was concocted in a garage in Arizona?
Call my agent! Call your attorney!

(The opinions above do not reflect rational thought, the opinion of the poster, or the opinion of the FDA)

Posts: 88 | From: Metro DC | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The stuff is:
Chemical Names:(Common Name, Synonym, Trade Names)
CAS REG. NO. 1301-96-8
CAS REG. NO. 155645-89-9
DIVALENT SILVER OXIDE (SILVER II OXIDE)
SILDATE
SILVER OXIDE (AG4O4)
SILVER(II) OXIDE
TETRASILVER TETRAOXIDE (AG4O4)

It is legal to use it in the US--it has been registered since 1996 by the US EPA as a pesticide to disinfect swimming pools and hot tubs. You can buy it as SilSpa and SilDate. That means the registrant had to prove it controls bacteria in pools & spas, as the label claims. The label also talks about not drinking the stuff.

Controlling bacteria in water is a far cry from curing AIDS in people. I found a lot of good studies where silver oxide is being evaluated as a surface coating on medical devices, such as urinary catheters, and may be a good disinfectant for that.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
valee
I Saw Three Shipments

So all that water I swallow while swimming is actually good for me?
theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
plus, you'll love that lovely silver patina on your face...

--------------------
num, me vexo?

Posts: 1299 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
valee
I Saw Three Shipments

I want everyone out there to send me their family silver so that they'll be protected from toxicity. Stirring your tea with a silver spoon has to give you an overdose. And as for the effects of being born with that silver spoon in your mouth...

Just doing my little bit for the health of all Americans...

Cobra4J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobra4J   E-mail Cobra4J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Claims like these are just plain evil- they play on our emotions- a hope for the "miracle cure" that is reasonably priced and available now.

Personally, when someone is creating a false miracle like this, I feel they should be aggressively pursued and persecuted.

Posts: 479 | From: Owosso, MI | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Devin
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've used Tetrasil and it works. It's the best anti-fungal cream I've ever used. Athletes foot gone on day 2, and it never came back.

People who say the people making it are evil for making false claim and providing false hope know nothing.

There have been clinical trials regarding AIDS patients and Tetrasil does work as claimed.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages