snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Medical Archive » Can vitamin C induce your period? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can vitamin C induce your period?
LadyMoose
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 09 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, so my period this month seems to be late. I don't think I am pregnant or anything, since I have been stressed, not eating right, I'm not showing any symptoms of pregnancy and two home pregnancy tests came out negative. However, I wish my period would come so I can stop fretting over this. I heard from a couple sources that if you take a lot of vitamin C, like about 400mg tablets four times a day, then you can speed up your menstrual cycle. Is there any truth to that? I am trying it because I figure it can't hurt, but did I waste money on vitamin C tablets?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LaMarie

Icon 23 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyMoose:
Yeah, so my period this month seems to be late. I don't think I am pregnant or anything, since I have been stressed, not eating right, I'm not showing any symptoms of pregnancy and two home pregnancy tests came out negative. However, I wish my period would come so I can stop fretting over this. I heard from a couple sources that if you take a lot of vitamin C, like about 400mg tablets four times a day, then you can speed up your menstrual cycle. Is there any truth to that? I am trying it because I figure it can't hurt, but did I waste money on vitamin C tablets?

Hey, it might be true!
I'm very irregular with my period and when I'm late I drink cranberry juice, the natural one, with no sugar nor anything. It has 110% of the vitamin C you need daily. And I love all those berries juices. So I drink cranberry juice or raspberry juice and almost like magic, my period comes in the next couple of days!

So I'll vote true, but I don't know if it's actually real.

My mom told me that another way to make your period come is to put your feet in hot water, as hot as you can resist. I've tried and it worked. I don't know why. May be it's just me, may be it's true. Who knows... And of course, I preffer cranberry juice!

La"Mmmm berries"Marie

LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 87 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was having period troubles, Cervus suggested making parsely tea. It didn't work for me, but she said it's worked great for her. The website she linked to is here, and tells you how to make the tea, along with a few other helpful suggestions.

Hope that helps some!

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 102 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the link Lizzy. Vitamin C doesn't seem to be working, so I might try some of those other ones.
Okay, if I took a pregnancy test 19 days after I had sex, and it comes back negative, is it okay to asume that I am not pregnent. The brand I used was EPT, which was advertised as 99% accurate. I know I am being weird here, but i want to put all this behind me.

LizzyJingleBells

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Might I suggest some honey if you make the parsely tea? It doesn't taste bad, just wierd, and the honey helps.

When I was preggers with Nicholas, the EPT is what I used. Seems to be a favorite of a lot of the women I have talked to. But I would recomind staying away from the WalMart brand one...give a lot of false positives from the friends I've talked to. Oh, and 19 days after your missed period should be more than enough time. If it's negative, I'd say you're not pregnant.

--------------------
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mooommmeee
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Mooommmeee   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mooommmeee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Okay, if I took a pregnancy test 19 days after I had sex, and it comes back negative, is it okay to asume that I am not pregnent.

It's been 19 days since you've had sex?!? I'd say THAT could be your cause for stress!! [Big Grin]

However, yes, if it's been 19 days since sex AND a negative test, you're probably not pregnant. Ovulation almost ALWAYS is 14 days before menses. It would have to be pretty powerful sperm to have survived 5 days before you ovulated (although it's been known to happen -- my best friend has an accident baby that was conceived WAY outside of her fertile time.).

No ideas for helping with period problems. I've always been pretty regular. If my period was late, it usually meant I was knocked up!!

~Mooo "but the vasectomy fixed all that!" mmmeee

--------------------
I mostly dine on the idea of health that is absorbed into my body through the consciousness of the universe. Or Fat Burger if I'm in a hurry. ~The Ninja

My Blog

Posts: 1182 | From: WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never heard that theory before. I can't imagine it would make a difference but you never know!

Having sex for the first time will mess your hormones up so that alone may be why you're late and all that stress isn't helping either.

The same exact thing happened to me after I lost my virginity. My mother flipped out because she was sure I was pregnant but I knew my body and knew I had taken precautions and it was just being sexually active and going through some other life changes messed my cycle up for a couple weeks. It also happened again after my 3 year celibacy ended. Once I became sexually active again, my hormones went a little crazy but got back on schedule in no time.

Do whatever you can to not think about it (I know [Roll Eyes] ), make sure you're very hydrated, get some iron in your diet -eat red meat or some of these plant foods, go have some fun, read a good book and take a long hot bath.

Have you lost/gained weight recently? Made any major changes in your exercise routine? Either/both of those will impact your cycle as well.

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks all. I know I need to just relax and try to take my mind off it, but it's hard.
quote:
Have you lost/gained weight recently? Made any major changes in your exercise routine? Either/both of those will impact your cycle as well.
Umm, kind of. This all happened over Christmas Break, so I was lazy for three weeks and was eating lots of holiday goodies. I bet I put on a few pounds too, but nothing really big. Maybe 5-7 or so. Now I am back in college, where I am lucky if I can get three meals a day, and I walk everywhere. GAH! Sorry to keep posting, but this is really bugging the crap out of me. I know it's going to happen, I just want it to hurry up and happen already.
So far my vitamin C treatment doesn't seem to be doing anything, except giving me gas.

Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't be sorry for continuing to post on this topic. I can't speak for everyone else but I'm waiting to see that "Yay! Aunt Flow's here!" post.

Good luck, hon. Hugs!
Enjal

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You could try taking feverfew pills or drink cinnamon tea. You are looking for something that will induce contractions of the uterus(warning there will be cramps) and blood flow, although messing around with all these herbal remedies might be what is holding back your period. You may just want to take a blood or urine test at the University Health Center. Usually pregnancy tests are free. When the more accurate test comes back negative you might relax enough to get your period.
Now me, if there is stress in my life, boom there is my period. Even if I just got over it. [Frown]

But I would encourage going in and taking the better test instead of being worried. The results come back in like 10 minutes for the urine test and usually they let you wait. I think you have to wait overnight for the blood test.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Slainey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Slainey   E-mail Slainey       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some random thoughts for the end of a long stressful day

Vitamin C won't hurt unless you're taking a bazillion mg of it. [Smile] You're nowhere near a bazillion.

Yes, drink lots of water!

When was your last period.

I don't mean to worry you but my sister's first EPT test was negative and nephew number 2 is due any minute. You doctor can do a blood test that will tell you for sure and put your mind at ease.

As I've mentioned before I'm very irregular. My doctor wants me to have a period every three or four months just to keep endometrial cells from hanging around and going bad. Anyway, she has perscribed progesterone pills. I take 50 mg for a week to 10 days and then a period starts. I've also used a progesterone cream called Phyotrelief in the same way.

BTW a few months ago I was reading about medieval medicine and there are lots of recipes for bringing on delayed menstration. One of them was taking a hot bath. lol

I hope you get the news you want and that all is well.

Posts: 2655 | From: MO USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 86 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When was your last period.
I think it was early December or so. My period has been funky for a few months now. Over Thanksgiving break I had really bad ovulation cramps then I only bleed for two days. I think if nothing happens in the next week I will go to the health center and see if everything is okay. Send good vibes to my disagreable uterus.
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 105 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sorry to keep posting, but this is really bugging the crap out of me. I know it's going to happen, I just want it to hurry up and happen already.

Don't feel bad. We're all here to support one another. And besides, you and I are in the same boat at the moment. I'm waiting for you to post what happens to you, so you can tell me, and maybe we'll both get straightened out! [lol]

Lizzy "birds of a feather" Bean

--------------------

Slainey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Slainey   E-mail Slainey       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sending good vibes your way.
and hugs too.

BTW my sister just had her baby. It's a boy. His big brother wants to name him Spiderman. lol

Posts: 2655 | From: MO USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Enjal:

Having sex for the first time will mess your hormones up so that alone may be why you're late and all that stress isn't helping either.

Is that a fact? Because lately my periods have moved to a 23/25 day cycle, as opposed to a more 28-30 day cycle. It sort of started around the first time I had penetrative sex...but it's still going on. Of course, it also might have something to do with living in a dorm with many other females...the whole synchronizing thing.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Slainey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI At the risk of TMI

Way back when I was in a long distance relationship and sometimes would go 6 months or so with no sex. My period were irregular except that a week after his um... triumphant return I would get my period.

Not as TMI as I thought.

LadyMoose

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBean, your singing telegram:
quote:
Sorry to keep posting, but this is really bugging the crap out of me. I know it's going to happen, I just want it to hurry up and happen already.

Don't feel bad. We're all here to support one another. And besides, you and I are in the same boat at the moment. I'm waiting for you to post what happens to you, so you can tell me, and maybe we'll both get straightened out! [lol]

Lizzy "birds of a feather" Bean

Yes, except you are on medications which screw around with your cycle. My uterus just hates me or something. I looked at Safeway today for cinnamon tea, but I didn't find any. And the only dried parsley they had was in large jars, so I decided not to mess with it. I actually haven't tried any herbal remedies other than the vitamin C. I drink orange spice tea today, just to try to relax.
I probably will break down soon and go into the Health Center and talk to one of the doctors there and see what's up.

Van Couver
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Great topic!

I should have known that snopester would always be the people for good advice.

Even to questions that I didn't dare to ask. A lot of good tips that I can try. Thank you..........

I have been been having an irregual periode for the last 3 years. Sometimes up to 5 month between. Currently my last was 4 month ago and I am still waiting.

~sigh~ but then again if stress is a reason that there isn't much that I can't do against this. There seems a bit hormonal problem involved to (I am pretty much on my way to the beared Lady if I wouldn't shave)

I wasn't sure what to try since I knew that asking my mother would have me sent packed to the doctor. Something that I would like to avoid.

I feel guilty saying that I don't really miss it that much. But I know that it is a part of my body that just has to happen.

On the good side I never was more happy than now if it finally appears again.

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 95 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I need advice again. For those of you who have been pregnant before, when did you start showing symptoms of pregnancy. If I am pregnant, I would be about 6 weeks along, but so far I haven't had any morning sickness, fatigue or mood swings or anything. I do seem to be peeing a bit more than usual, but maybe that's because I keep thinking about it.
Secondly, I plan on taking another home pregnancy test again this friday or saturday, just for piece of mind I guess. Should I use to same brand I used before (EPT) or should I go with a different brand?
Thanks for all your advice a support and keep sending me good vibes. Hopefully Aunt Flo will visit soon.

Monkeypie

Icon 603 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is my first post ever. Hello!

I wanted to join because I had also heard about the vitamin C trick. It doesn't work, by the way and when I asked around to doctors and various websites, it seems there's no way to bring your period on.

This information seems a little out of date now.
I'm sorry it's stressful. I hope you're okay. I'm trying to send good vibes. Ironic that stress can make it late which makes it more stressful, huh? I hope things go well at the health center.

Maya and Simone

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought Vitamin C actually helps to increases the sperm count of men? Not induce periods?

quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBean, your singing telegram:
When I was having period troubles, Cervus suggested making parsely tea. It didn't work for me, but she said it's worked great for her. The website she linked to is here, and tells you how to make the tea, along with a few other helpful suggestions.

Hope that helps some!

And I thought drinking Straight Parsely Tea made you have the runs? It somehow "cleans out" your system....by making you stay on the can for 7 days?
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maya and Simone:
And I thought drinking Straight Parsely Tea made you have the runs? It somehow "cleans out" your system....by making you stay on the can for 7 days?

Well I certainly didn't have that problem, and I even drank a bit more than suggested by the web site.

LadyMoose, personally, I would go with any name brand pregnancy test that you choose. Honestly, though, stay away from the store brand ones. My friend took a WalMart brand and a Target brand one, and both said negative. Her son is now 8 months old. EPT and Clear Blue Easy are two that I've heard good things about. Here is a really good article from Babycenter.com about different types of home pregnancy tests. Also, if you're really concerned, don't be afraid to ask your doctor for a blood pregnancy test. They are far more accurate than urine tests, but it you're about 6 weeks, I doubt you'd get a false negative through a urine test. But you never know. (Thinking good thoughts that the test comes out the way you want!)

As for pregnancy symptoms, the most common ones are upset stomach (morning sickness), and sore or tender breasts. You can find a list of other symptoms here

--------------------

Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Honey, if you're six weeks along with absolutely no symptoms then either (1) you're going to have the easiest pregnancy known to womankind, or (2) you ain't pregnant. I don't know anyone who's gotten that far without at least one other of the top ten list of symptoms besides the missing period. Personally, I had eight out of ten within three weeks.

[hijack]How come when everyone else's cycle gets messed up they don't bleed for months on end, but when mine gets messed up I get my period every 10 days? Not fair.[/hijack]

Back on topic: go directly to campus health center, get a urine and/or blood test. They do hundreds a year, they're confidential, and they're probably free. If you actually are preggers, you need to know NOW; whatever you decide to do with a potential pregnancy, the clock is ticking, so the sooner you know for sure one way or the other the better. Stop spending money on EPTs and go to the clinic.

Four Five Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 105 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for all your help and support guys. It really is calming me down and helping a whole bunch. I've just had a shitty past couple of weeks, with this and with my boyfriend breaking up with me.
Anyways, I made a promise to myself that I will go into the Health Center on monday (it's closed on weekends, *grumble*) and make an appointment and see what's up.

Mooommmeee
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Mooommmeee   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mooommmeee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Okay, I need advice again. For those of you who have been pregnant before, when did you start showing symptoms of pregnancy. If I am pregnant, I would be about 6 weeks along, but so far I haven't had any morning sickness, fatigue or mood swings or anything. I do seem to be peeing a bit more than usual, but maybe that's because I keep thinking about it.

Pregnancy is so different for everyone and each pregnancy is different! With my first, I had every symptom known to man right around 6 weeks. With my second, I had mild nausea, breast tenderness and fatigue. With numbers 3 & 4, pretty much the only indicator was lack of a period (which wasn't even all that much an indicator because I was nursing at the time and AF was really inconsistant) and fatigue.

The lack of symptoms AND the negative pg tests are probably a sign that you're not preggers. Hoping for a good outcome for you on Monday.

BTW, as far as the brand of pregnancy test -- I've used all brands, most often store brands, and have come up with the correct result every time. The most unclear one was with my fourth and that was because I took the pregnancy test the first day of my missed period and was just BARELY pregnancy. Where all of the others lit up the "you're pregnant!" line just as the pee crossed, this one took the full 5 minutes to show up. I think they're usually pretty accurate, regardless of the brand. If you're really 6 weeks along, grab a 2-pack, take 'em both and then trust the results. ONE of them will show a positive if you're pregnant.

ETA: Stress seems to aggravate pregnancy symptoms (from a VERY informal poll among all of my mommy friends). I know that when I had a lot on my plate and was preggers, my pregnancy symptoms always seemed much more severe. Anecdotal evidence only, I know, but hoping to put your mind at ease!

~Mooo "keeping my fingers crossed for you" mmmeee

--------------------
I mostly dine on the idea of health that is absorbed into my body through the consciousness of the universe. Or Fat Burger if I'm in a hurry. ~The Ninja

My Blog

Posts: 1182 | From: WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Slainey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Van *Fraeulein_Ming* Couver:
~sigh~ but then again if stress is a reason that there isn't much that I can't do against this. There seems a bit hormonal problem involved to (I am pretty much on my way to the beared Lady if I wouldn't shave)

I wasn't sure what to try since I knew that asking my mother would have me sent packed to the doctor. Something that I would like to avoid.

A lack of period and facial hair are sympotoms of poly cystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. Why don't you want to see a doctor? PCOS can be associated with insulin resistance and diabetes. Having those hormones checked would be a really good idea.
bratling
Silence of the Clams

Icon 01 posted      Profile for bratling   E-mail bratling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorta OT, but not - and very TMI

But usually a rough session of sex brings my period on.

Posts: 1141 | From: TamperBay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyMoose

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*dances her happy dance*
Aunt Flo finally came! Oh man, you have no idea how welcome these cramps are right now. Anyways, now I don't need to go the the Health Clinic and I can stop freaking out. Thanks again for all your good thoughts. Now I think I shall take a nice, hot shower and relax with my book.
*breaths huge sigh of relief*

Mooommmeee
We Three Blings

quote:
*dances her happy dance*
Aunt Flo finally came! Oh man, you have no idea how welcome these cramps are right now. Anyways, now I don't need to go the the Health Clinic and I can stop freaking out. Thanks again for all your good thoughts. Now I think I shall take a nice, hot shower and relax with my book.
*breaths huge sigh of relief*

Hooray! Been watching for your post one way or the other!

~Mooo "but just think how prepared you'll be for the real thing!" mmmeee

--------------------

My Blog

Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SORRY! ETA: TMI space TMI space TMI space TMI space TMI space TMI space TMI space
TMI space TMI space TMI space

Hooray!!! Phew...

Obviously I lost track of this thread but the whole issue popped into my head this morning when MY cramps kicked in.

quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Enjal:

Is that a fact? Because lately my periods have moved to a 23/25 day cycle, as opposed to a more 28-30 day cycle. It sort of started around the first time I had penetrative sex...but it's still going on. Of course, it also might have something to do with living in a dorm with many other females...the whole synchronizing thing.
Actually, it's purely anectodal. Sorry I stated that as an absolute fact. It makes sense to me so my brain processes it as a truth. I did try to search the web but didn't see it listed among the "usual suspects" in discussions about late periods.

Sexual activity has a lot to do with hormones though, right? Your period is there because our bodies prepare for a preganancy but when the egg and sperm don't meet up, the lining is shed. Perhaps when we become sexually active (and to clarify I'm talking about penis to vagina penetrative sex) our bodies react by thinking "ok, so now there's really a chance we'll be nesting an egg, before it was just practice" and things go a little haywire. Or maybe since stress is sited as such a major reason behind late/missed periods, simply becoming sexually active can be stressful so it throws things off.

I'm not a gyno and I don't play one on TV. I do think I'll ask my doc when I go see her in April though. Now I'm curious as to whether my theory has any kind of real medical/scientific basis or whether I'm just making shit up. [Wink]

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Van Couver
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slainey:
quote:
Originally posted by Van *Fraeulein_Ming* Couver:

A lack of period and facial hair are sympotoms of poly cystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. Why don't you want to see a doctor? PCOS can be associated with insulin resistance and diabetes. Having those hormones checked would be a really good idea.
Well I just try to avoid most doctorial visits as best as possible or keep them down to a minimum.

Thanks so much for the information to PCOS it seems like there really might be a chance that this might be the reason. Especially since a few of the other symptomes are fitting as well. I guess that means that this is a doctorial visit that I shouldn't keep avoiding. ~sigh~

On the good news I just got my *happy time* today, unfortunally connected with the worst cramps that I had in long. But at least the fun has started.

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
crb

Icon 08 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I know that the OP dilemma is over (yay!that can be sooo nervewracking. I too have felt "welcomed" cramps before.

But (and this is slightly OT)

As far as home pregnancy tests go I don't trust them anymore. When I was pregnant with my daughter I took two of them and they both came back negative. When I was pregnant. The urine test at the doc's office came back positive.

I often wondered if it had anyhting to do with the fact that I got pregnant immediately after getting off the pill. We didn't use any other protection while we were trying, so I didn't wait the recommended 3 months or whatever. I had just figured the only dnager was not being able to get pregnant for a while. Noooo. Not a problem.

And since it tests for a hormone, I thought maybe residuals from the pill threw it off.

Anyway, just my $0.02

DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 504 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know when I'm really stressed out over something, my period will be very late. I'm normally very regular, but there are times when my period is much later than it should be and it's always because of some major stress in my life at that time. Case in point: back when my nephew was born (he's almost 16 now! [Eek!] ) he was late, and we were all rather worried. Being overdue in a pregnancy is just as risky as being underdue from what I've heard. I was a week late and Lord knows I hadn't been in anybody's bed. I finally got my period. Since I've been married, I don't worry because my husband has a vasectomy.
Dawn-tied-the-tubes-before-the-knot.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Willowlyn2

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am also late for my period i think its because i missed some of my birth control pills but caught up. I have no money but just to be safe i found this cheap site to get pregnency tests and the strips are great they can test 5-15 days and you can get five for 2 bucks here is the link and best to everyone

http://www.accuratepregnancytests.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=13

lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
As far as home pregnancy tests go I don't trust them anymore. When I was pregnant with my daughter I took two of them and they both came back negative. When I was pregnant. The urine test at the doc's office came back positive.

I often wondered if it had anyhting to do with the fact that I got pregnant immediately after getting off the pill. We didn't use any other protection while we were trying, so I didn't wait the recommended 3 months or whatever. I had just figured the only dnager was not being able to get pregnant for a while. Noooo. Not a problem.

And since it tests for a hormone, I thought maybe residuals from the pill threw it off.

Did you try the tests when you were *just* pregnant? As I understand it, the dr.'s test is far more accurate, because it can detect smaller amounts of hcg hormone. Some of the over-the-counter strips require a larger amount of hcg to be present, to show a poitive result. As the pregnancy progresses, more hcg is present.

lj

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages