snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Jack Chick strikes again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack Chick strikes again!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 503 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Here is one that is sure to be a hoax. I think it originated with
a satirical article that Fark.com put up, and some bloggers are taking
seriously. It is that supposedly Jack Chick (the one with the tracts many
people hate with a passion) has bought out the rights to several comic
strips. One of these is Garfield, and it gives a supposed altered strip.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Egg Note
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 96 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If that is true, the so-called altered strip would probably be more interesting than any of the Garfield strips ever created since 1995.

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And here it is!

Lark News appears to be like "The Onion" with a Christian slant. Funny.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't see haw Chick could make Zippy any worse...

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, that's definitely a hoax. For one thing, the "Garfield" strip doesn't use the Jim Davis font, it just uses Comic Sans.

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages