snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Green Day (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Green Day
KingDavid8
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
These are probably not bands many of you are familiar with, but the band Daniel Amos recorded four albums (and are currently working on their fifth) under the name The Swirling Eddies, with all members using aliases, except, oddly, using their real names on their third album, "Zoom Daddy". They do have a different drummer with the Eddies, and they also added a keyboard player, who I assume is no longer with the band since he died a few years back. The lead singer, Terry Scott Taylor, even sings differently when recording with the Eddies (under the alias Camarillo Eddy).

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tomcat
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tomcat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tomcat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
What about Queens of the Stone Age? I want to say one of the members of Blink 182 is in this band, but I don't know for sure. Another thing that's really common is for a lead singer (and sometimes other band members, too) to record a solo album while still with a band or perform a duet with another artist without the rest of the band. Beyonce Knowles (Destiny's Child) and Rob Thomas (Matchbox 20) are two that come to mind immediately. I think Mark McGrath has done some projects without Sugar Ray.

No, Queens of the Stone Age is mostly made up of former members of Kyuss.

As for artists performing with other bands/artists, there's tons of those (or similar variations)...

Mick Jagger/Tina Turner
Kid Rock/Cheryl Crowe
Mick Jagger/David Bowie
Huey Lewis/Gwyneth Paltrow
Prince/Sheena Easton
Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson
Neil Young/Pearl Jam
George Michael/Elton John
Ian Astbury (Cult)/Doors
Fred Durst/Staind
Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty
Stevie Nicks/Michael McDonald

Obviously, not all of these were still with their band while they recorded with the other artists...

--------------------
www.audiowaveprod.com

You can go 'round the world,
You can go 'round the block.
But all I want to hear,
Is some '55 rock...

*Cub Koda

Posts: 170 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While there aren't any members of Blink in QOTSA, they do have/had Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foos) and Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees). Plus, Nick Oliveri (former member) was in Mondo Generator and QOTSA at the same time, and Josh Homme has The Desert Sessions.

As for Blink, Travis is in the Transplants.

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Duck 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck 182   E-mail Duck 182   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know if this counts, but the members of the British comedy troupe "The Young Ones" ventured into the world of heavy metal as "Bad News". The album was funny, and it was produced by Brian May of Queen. Also, it had a hilarious version of "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Posts: 128 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Julie0917
Deck the Malls

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Julie0917   E-mail Julie0917   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Don't forget The Grateful Dead begat The Jerry Garcia Band, Kingfish, Bobby and the Midnights, The Other Ones, Phil and Friends, The Dead, Mickey and the Hartbeats, Heart of Gold Band...deeeeep breath.....Tri-Comes, Missing Man Formation, etc. etc.

Ohhhhh and don't forget my favorite... Rat Dog!!

Julie

Posts: 205 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bcwray
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BringTheNoise:
While there aren't any members of Blink in QOTSA, they do have/had Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foos) and Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees). Plus, Nick Oliveri (former member) was in Mondo Generator and QOTSA at the same time, and Josh Homme has The Desert Sessions.

As for Blink, Travis is in the Transplants.

Travis is also in plus 44 with mark hoppus (also ex blink) which is scheduled to come out next summer. Thats no suprise because Travis is in just about every band (doyt, aquabats, blink, box car racer, transplants, plus 44)
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Snake

Don't forget about A Perfect Circle. It has the lead singer from Tool (Maynard Keenan), I think the bassist from the Smashing Pumpkins is or was in there, and some other people. Basically, not quite as hard as Tool, but in a similar vein. They're pretty cool, but their cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" is totally inexplicable.
richard b.
If you're gonna scream, scream with me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard b.   Author's Homepage   E-mail richard b.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Green Day also had a pet project called "Pinhead Gunpowder", also on Lookout! records. It had members of bands on the same label.
Posts: 41 | From: West Palm Beach, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dobers
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dobers   E-mail Dobers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snake:
Don't forget about A Perfect Circle. It has the lead singer from Tool (Maynard Keenan), I think the bassist from the Smashing Pumpkins is or was in there, and some other people. Basically, not quite as hard as Tool, but in a similar vein. They're pretty cool, but their cover of John Lennon's "Imagine" is totally inexplicable.

APC has Paz Lenchantin, the bassist from Zwan, which was Billy Corgan's post-Pumpkins band. Also in APC are a former Nine Inch Nails member and a guy who played with Marilyn Manson.
Posts: 86 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tomcat

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tomcat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tomcat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dobers:
quote:

APC has Paz Lenchantin, the bassist from Zwan, which was Billy Corgan's post-Pumpkins band. Also in APC are a former Nine Inch Nails member and a guy who played with Marilyn Manson.
Geordie White (aka Twiggy Rameriz) from Marilyn Manson plays bass for APC.

--------------------
www.audiowaveprod.com

You can go 'round the world,
You can go 'round the block.
But all I want to hear,
Is some '55 rock...

*Cub Koda

Posts: 170 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Saluki Worship
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 200 posted      Profile for Saluki Worship     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat:
quote:
Originally posted by Dobers:
quote:

Geordie White (aka Twiggy Rameriz) from Marilyn Manson plays bass for APC.
I foget if Jeordie White was in A Perfect Circle, but if he was, he certainly isn't now. He's now a member of Nine Inch Nails.

Bow Wow Wow had all the members of Adam and the Ants, save for Adam himself, and had some girl as the singer.

Robert Smith of the Cure was sometimes in Siouxie and the Banshees.

A member of Regurgitator and a member of Spiderbait created the side-project Happyland.

Lordy, there are thousands of other examples, but I think I'll stop there.

Posts: 96 | From: Victoria, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
musicgeek
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicgeek   E-mail musicgeek   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Going back a ways, there was Mike Patton (Faith No More) in his side project Mr. Bungle, and the bassist and drummer (I think???) from Suicidal Tendencies in The Infectious Grooves.

--------------------
[God said] "I'll just sit back in the shade while everyone gets laid; that's what I call intelligent design." - Chris Smither, "Origin of the Species"

Posts: 411 | From: Fairfield, CT | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gregor

It seems as though I read somewhere, ages ago, that Paul McCartney told an interviewer about an idea he had for the Beatles (back when they were still a band, of course) to get up onstage somewhere with masks on and just play a rave-up, like in the good old days. He even mentioned a band name at the time.
Seems the interviewer opined that most everyone would recognize George's guitar licks before he or John even got a chance to open their mouths, and nothing more came of it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Maybe I read this (believe it or not) in a Stephen King book?? (maybe not) Does anyone have anyone have any idea what that band name might have been? Maybe some idea where I GOT this weird-ass story?

underfire and overrated

Icon 500 posted      Profile for underfire and overrated     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This link offers very little information other than conspiracy theorist-type speculation on the Green Day= The Network deal but if anyone is interested in reading it it's here. The adds might be NSFW.

BTW, this is my first post, hi everyone!

--------------------
I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake! I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Posts: 111 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Then there's Pigface, which at one time had a website dedicated just to keeping track of the revolving members, mostly of industrial bands:

Ministry
Nine Inch Nails
KMFDM
Front 242
Chemlab
Skinny Puppy
Shonen Knife
Lesley Rankine (of Silverfish & Ruby)
Tool
Ween
GWAR
Jello Biafra (of The Dead Kennedys)
Flea (of Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Henry Rollins
The Jesus Lizard
Kittie
Penn & Teller (yes, that Penn & Teller)
Public Image Limited

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theunknown:
quote:
Originally posted by melliferous muffin:
Also, Slipknot (not sure if the whole band, or just the lead singer), has been also performing in a different band sans the mask at about the same time that Slipknot was hitting it big. Can't really remember the name of the other band, but it sure wasn't heavy!

The band would be Stone Sour.
Also Joey Jordison, drummer from Slipkont, is also in Murderdolls.

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages