snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Kurt Cobain = Rivers Cuomo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kurt Cobain = Rivers Cuomo
MST3Kabe Zapruder
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 104 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.riverscobain.web1000.com/rc/1.html

Another music conspiracy theory. Although this one doesn't have very much evidence.

The author also claims he is being hounded by the lawyers for Rivers Cuomo and Courtney Love.

I let my opinion known on this one.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 108 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Zap, that first link is not working. Can you perhaps check the URL and repost? Either that, or summarize the article for me? Thanks. (Sorry, never heard of Rivers Cuomo. Any relation to Mario?)

Ali "missing link" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Game60 Minutes

Icon 106 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliBaBatMasterson:
Sorry, never heard of Rivers Cuomo. Any relation to Mario?

Rivers Cuomo is the lead singer of the band Weezer ("Buddy Holly" "El Scorcho" "Hashpipe" etc.). AFAIK, he and Mario are not related
MST3Kabe Zapruder

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliBaBatMasterson:
Zap, that first link is not working. Can you perhaps check the URL and repost? Either that, or summarize the article for me?

From the front page:

quote:
There are plenty of theories floating around about the circumstances surrounding the death of Nirvana front man Kurt Cobain, most say he was murdered or simply killed himself. However neither of these theories address the fact that Kurt Cobain is in fact still alive, not only is he still alive but he has been recording music and releasing hit albums since 1994! This site is part of a mission to uncover the truth behind "Kurt Cobain" and reveal that Kurt has stayed in the public eye without anyone even noticing as Weezer front man "Rivers Cuomo".!
Nobody noticed because Rivers Cuomo isn't Kurt Cobain!
CD

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He is not the singer of Weezer because he has been busy the last several years making an album with Tupac.
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 86 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, nah.

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MST3Kabe Zapruder

Icon 86 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CD:
He is not the singer of Weezer because he has been busy the last several years making an album with Tupac.

I'd sooner believe Tupac Shakur is still alive and making music. Since his autopsy picture is at celebritymorgue.com, we have the proof he's not.
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably the rumour came about because they look marginally similar, and Rivers Cuomo is incredibly press shy ... he doesn't like to give interviews, etc.

lil "obviously to cover up that he used to be Kurt Cobain" orphan

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlueStar
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for BlueStar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sometime in October 1998 the band Weezer played an underground show under the name Goat Punishment.This show consisted of mostly Nirvana "covers" the similarities in The vocals are shocking.The guitar riffs and tone are not so close however.But this is obviously due to the fact that "Kurt" wrote these songs left handed and when performing as Rivers had to make the adjustments to a standard right handed guitar. Below are Mp3s of this very show so you can listen and judge for yourself.
And so the fact that kurt was left handed, and rivers is right handed goes from discounting the theory, to backing it because it explains why when the band did covers the guitars are different.
Posts: 1710 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MisterGrey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for MisterGrey     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*SIGH* How many times must I tell people?

Kurt Cobain is DEAD. He was murdered at the bequest of Tupac Shakur and Eminem (then Marshall Mathers) in an attempt to draw people away from the grunge movement, thereby opening the doors for white rap and getting people back into gangsta rap. The triggerman, it has been proven, was P-Diddy, then going by the name of "Smack Daddy Combs," hired by Shakur at the behest of Jennifer Lopez.

Posts: 2711 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dark Angel

Icon 81 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I FUCKED the dude who wrote this site, and he DEFINATELY knows what he is talking about. Seriously, he knows his shit and you should listen to him!
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Angel:
Well I FUCKED the dude who wrote this site, and he DEFINATELY knows what he is talking about. Seriously, he knows his shit and you should listen to him!

Why? Because he spouted boring incredulities whilst you FUCKED him? I DEFINATELY think you are talking out of your ass! [lol]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
damsa

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kurt Cobain is part of the Seattle curse that killed Jimmy Hendrix, Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee, Elvis and Ray Charles. Ray Charles dying in the 1970s, and replaced by a robot.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages