snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » Vin Diesel Bi?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vin Diesel Bi?
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it. Has anyone else heard that Vin Diesel is bi? When this was discussed at a recent gathering, several people said they heard it.

Anyone know the origins of this rumor?

Ana "bi now, gay later" Ng

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StarlandVocalBand
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 22 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bisexual? Never heard that rumor.

Biracial? Have definitely heard that rumor.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 219 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heard the rumour...but yet have to hear anything more than "heard it though grapevine"

Van *gotto to love that man for being a RPG Fan* Couver

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lola

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never heard that one. But its seems like anytime there is a hot young sexy actor or musican their seems to be some type of rumor or UL going around saying that they are bi or gay. I remember hearing that about Jon BonJovi, Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCapprio.
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Van *mana mana* Couver:
Heard the rumour...but yet have to hear anything more than "heard it though grapevine"

So Vin Diesel being an RPG player is not a Knights of the Dinner Table joke? Please tell me - when did he say it and to whom exactly?

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felessan:
quote:

So Vin Diesel being an RPG player is not a Knights of the Dinner Table joke? Please tell me - when did he say it and to whom exactly?
imdb
quote:
He's an admitted fan of Dungeons and Dragons, and according to an interview on Conan O'Brian he played for 24 years.
and there are some reports about him appearing in Ad&d Shops
For example

quote:
And leaving the mall, Diesel and his childhood friend and Dungeon Master, Marcus Abularach, discuss the issues relating to the guy's hybrid character; a half man, half orc.

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The D&D thing was also mentioned in an article about him that came out to promote XXX. It was either GQ or EW....I can't remember, cuz I read them both without buying at Barnes and Noble.

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Otter of our Discontent

quote:
Originally posted by Lola:
Never heard that one. But its seems like anytime there is a hot young sexy actor or musican their seems to be some type of rumor or UL going around saying that they are bi or gay. I remember hearing that about Jon BonJovi, Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCapprio.

There always is, whether it's wishful thinking on the part of gay guys, or sour grapes by straight guys whose girlfriends swoon over them.
Chris J
Hotel California Roll

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Chris J     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When he was on Conan O'Brien in April and discussed playing D&D for 24 years (!) he did so in the past tense, making it sound like he doesn't play any more.

He said his character was a drow witch-hunter, and he even pronounced 'drow' correctly! (it rhymes with 'now') That was cool enough that I "forgave" Diesel for not threatening to lay the smackdown on Conan, who is always making cheap jokes about fantasy fans with the usual stereotypes (because how many D&D fans can threaten like Vin Diesel? [Smile] ).

Posts: 1325 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisJ-ellicle Cat:
When he was on Conan O'Brien in April and discussed playing D&D for 24 years (!) he did so in the past tense, making it sound like he doesn't play any more.

He said his character was a drow witch-hunter, and he even pronounced 'drow' correctly! (it rhymes with 'now') That was cool enough that I "forgave" Diesel for not threatening to lay the smackdown on Conan, who is always making cheap jokes about fantasy fans with the usual stereotypes (because how many D&D fans can threaten like Vin Diesel? [Smile] ).

Well, he could have played D&D since 1979 (that's just after I first encountered it - so Vin would make him a first-generation veteran).

BTW, Does this mean that he'll be approached to be in the next Dungeons and Dragons movie? For his sake I hope not...

And thanx to all you others for the replies about this.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
0b1knob
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for 0b1knob   E-mail 0b1knob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He has a Black stepfather which seems to lead to many of the biracial rumors. According to this muck racking site:

http://www.geocities.com/mnussitch/gossip.html

He may actually be the illegitimate son of actor Elliot Gould (!!!!!!)!!!!

Scroll down or search for his name to find it. Lots of good nuttiness at this site.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 01 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the man, but there was one very funny thing in an interview with him. I think it was in FHM. It was just after XXX had come out. He was at a sort of press do thing, talking to the interviewer, talking about how fame hasn't changed him, because people around him keep him grounded, too much so in fact. Then he notices one of his friends is pilfering merchandise on the sly. He says [paraphrased] "See? this is exactly what I'm talking about. Oi, [friend's name], you're stealing that stuff, aren't you?" The friend looks sheepish. "you nfbsking are, aren't you? See? He doesn't seem to realise that I'm famous. That I'm the nfbsking star of the movie. All he has to do is ask me, and I can get him boxes of that nfbsking stuff!"

I thought that was hilarious.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vampyrviolia
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for vampyrviolia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
his drows name is Melcor and is tattooed across his belly in "XXX"

--------------------
Hey, check out my dads website -- www.eastcountyhwy.com
He grooms dogs too.

Posts: 1593 | From: Bedias, TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ed Wood

Unfortunately this is all hearsay, but since this topic came up, I felt it'd be funny to share.
A couple years back, a friend of mine who is a dancer in LA casually mentioned to me that Vin Diesel was gay or bi, and I asked why she thought that.
She said that a female friend of hers used to date him. I tend to believe her, first because she's not the type to make stuff up, and second because it is not at all uncommon to run into minor or even major celebs in Hollywood when you're a pretty, young dancer (at the time my friend was referring to, Vin Diesel would have been a minor celeb).
Anyway, this already has myth written on it since it's "friend of a friend," but the story went like this: the friend suspected Diesel had some sexual issues because he would not have sex with her unless she played a full board game with him before hand, from beginning to end, and according to the story, the game was Monopoly (a potentially very long game to finish).
So I thought that was a funny anecdote, even if the man wanting to play a board game before sex didn't mean he was gay.
Later, I heard on television about his D&D thing, and although D&D isn't a board game it reminded me of the Monopoly story.
I also heard an ex-girlfriend of Diesel who was some kind of nude model or something along those lines talking on Howard Stern, and although I can't remember what she said, I recall her vaguely alluding to the fact that Diesel was kind of weird in the relationship. She wouldn't give details, but that was another thing that reminded me of the Monopoly story.
So there's my long-winded two cents.

B Chiswick

Overhere in England, where Vin is not well known, there was a kind of allusion to his alleged gayness in a national newspaper. I can't recall exactly what it said, it was around the time he was here doing publicity for XXX but it left me thinking: "Damn! Another gay one!"
I must stress though that this specific newspaper is not exactly known for it's accuracy on every story.
But why do we always get upset when we discover a favoured celebrity is gay? It's not as if we'd have the chance to **** him/her anyway. [Roll Eyes]

Van Couver

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B Chiswick:
But why do we always get upset when we discover a favoured celebrity is gay? It's not as if we'd have the chance to **** him/her anyway. [Roll Eyes]

Well there are the teen Fans that would faint if they found out that one of their fav was gay.

But don't push them all in one bucket.

There are also people that are just curious and would not be upset at all

--------------------

STF

Icon 01 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by B Chiswick:

Well there are the teen Fans that would faint if they found out that one of their fav was gay.

But don't push them all in one bucket.

There are also people that are just curious and would not be upset at all

I at least like that question better than my old favorite: Why does it matter?

I hate it when someone stops by a thread just to post that. People want to know and to me that's no big deal. I've heard rumors that Samuel L. Jackson is, but it doesn't make me like him or his movies any less. He's still my favorite actor and I am heterosexual.

It's just a curiousity thing I think. Ultimately, yes it doesn't matter, but if you really think about it what does matter? Not much in the grand scheme of things.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver

~sigh~ let me put that better.

My option of any actor whether I like them or not is on no way influenced by his or her sexuality.

Better?

--------------------

mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 06 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Another thing that might be adding to these rumors, is that Vin has always considered himself to be "down" with the gay community, from his bouncer days at clubs. He tried out for the Philip Seymour Hoffman role in "Flawless". (drag queen character)

As for Samuel L. Jackson, I hadn't heard any rumors about him...he could be bi maybe, but he's been married to the same woman for years and they have a couple of kids together. His wife appeared as the other lawyer in Losing Isiah.

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 01 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
~sigh~ let me put that better.

My option of any actor whether I like them or not is on no way influenced by his or her sexuality.

Better? [Roll Eyes]

Actually I had no problem with your post. I should have state more clearly that in another post someone stopped by to say just, what does it matter?

Yours was actually much better than that and I actually agreed with you on the some people are just curious aspect of your post.

So basically sorry if I offended.

Also I hate the Roll Eyes Graemlin.

Have a nice day!

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Van Couver

quote:
Originally posted by STF:

Have a nice day!

Sorry if I misunderstood you!

And take my appology for the smilie isn't really my day today.

i take it out of my post

--------------------

STF

Icon 98 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STF:

Have a nice day!

Sorry if I misunderstood you!

And take my appology for the smilie isn't really my day today.

i take it out of my post

No harm no foul.

Honestly I never have liked the rolls eye smiley. That post just seemed like as good a place as any to whine about it.

No hard feelings here.

Sorry again if I came off as an a$$.

ETA: I also hope your day starts getting better ASAP.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages