snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Entertainment Archive » WWF- Ultimate Worrior

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WWF- Ultimate Worrior
krash
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it true that the Ultimate Worrior of the WWF died midway through his WWF carrier and that his twin took over the rule after his death?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
*Astrik*
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Astrik*   Author's Homepage   E-mail *Astrik*   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ultimate Worrier?
Posts: 1377 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now if this isnt an urban legend I dont know what is..

NO Jim Hellwig aka Ultimate Warrior is STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT DEAD..

sheesh...

here ya go-- just to prove to you-- http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chris J
Hotel California Roll

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Chris J     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And a fine webpage it is.... remind me not to recommend him as a speaker for any graduation ceremonies.

I had heard, in the early-mid '90s sometime in between his stints with major federations, that the Ultimate Warrior had died of drugs. By all accounts, Jim Hellwig is very difficult to work with, so maybe a more reasonable twin would have let the Ultimate Warrior character have a longer career at the top!

Oh yes, and the mid-80s classic wrestling arcade game "Exciting Hour" had "The Insane Worrier" (sic) as your first opponent.

Posts: 1325 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sparverius, Flying Rodent Control

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mazel Tov, Curtain of Three Rats:
The Ultimate Worrier?

You called?

Green Fool

Icon 87 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoa whoa.... Jim Hellwig is DEAD!

He legally changed his name to Warrior.

Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
the only problem with that theory is that Jim had NO twin... I totally agree he was about as easy to work with as a rabid poodle--but still..these rumors...LOL I guess that is what we are here for...

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jonny T
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jonny T   Author's Homepage   E-mail Jonny T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever is Ultimate Warrior doing in Entertainment?

--------------------
Hello, I love you - won't you tell me your name?
Hello! I'm good for nothing - will you love me just the same?

Greetings from the dark side...

Posts: 2731 | From: York/Reading, England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
*Astrik*
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Astrik*   Author's Homepage   E-mail *Astrik*   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparverius, Flying Rodent Control:

You called?

I did?

Posts: 1377 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

you spelled warrior wrong, and its worrier, as in the ultimate worry-er...

hehe play on words I guess is what he meant...

and Jim Hellwig is not dead..only his name.. I dont care I will always know him as Jim Hellwig..changing his name to warrior was stupid if you ask me...

--------------------

*Astrik*
Xboxing Day

Noo, I was just responding to the "Worrior" typo with what I saw it as. I'm just wondering if I actually found the "Ultimate Worrier."
Dan Bradshaw

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I always suspected that this legend was somehow spawned from the fact the The Renegade (a terrible, terrible WCW clone of the Warrior) did commit suicide soon after he was fired. I can't say for certain, though; I've only heard the legend recently, but it might be older.
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

*going from memory here* I do believe the Renegade did commit suicide over being fired, but was also in a drug induced haze, a bad trip. I also believe he is the reason people think Jim Hellwig has a twin..LOL....

--------------------

STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No truth to that rumor at all. The Ultimate Warrior or Warrior has always been the same nut. Like someone else said his name is or was Jim Hellwig. One rumor that I can neither confirm nor deny is that he legally changed his name to Warrior. Also it is true that the carbon copy ripoff known in WCW as Renegade did kill himself. He shot himself after breaking up with his girlfriend and being released from WCW. His real name was Rick Wilson I believe.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages