snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Critters Archive » Man Finds Python in Rental Car

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man Finds Python in Rental Car
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
An assistant athletic director at Eastern Kentucky University found a two-foot-long ball python in his rental car this week as he left the Ohio Valley Conference.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060527/D8HS30D80.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Only two feet long? What's with the hair-raising emoticon? [Wink] Good lord, that story is hilarious! A grown man nearly wets himself over a tiny little constrictor. Now, a venomous snake, that's a WHOLE different story...

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If that was me, I'd definitely be screaming. I am abosulutely terrified of snakes. Even those horrible little green ones that look like string.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Two feet long. Hmm. I'd be screaming too. Especially while trying to get out Get Out GETOUTTA the car.

Men"not fond of snakes. At all, at all"olly

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 97 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww, it was just a ittle-bitty baby! They're so cute at that size. [Wink]

Personally, I would love to find a python or a constrictor in a car, especially if no one claimed it. Those critters are spendy at the store.

Nee "still looking for an affordable emerald tree boa" CD

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man, the recruiting business has really gotten cut-throat.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man: Hmm, frightfully nice day for a drive. Guess I'll take the old Antelope Freeway...what's this?

John Cleese: Hello, sir. Very good car you've got here, very roomy.

Man: What's a Python doing in my car?

John Cleese: Your car, sir? Your car? Are you telling me that you own this automobile?

Man: Yes! Yes, I do! Well, I mean I'm still making payments but--

John Cleese: 'Still making payments. Still making payments.' Oh, dear, that doesn't seem a very sound claim to ownership to me.

Michael Palin: Nor to me, squire.

Man: What? Two Pythons in my car?

John Cleese: There you go again with your 'my car' codswallop.

Eric Idle: Is this car a goer? Does it go? Know what I mean, know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink?

Man: Now see here, this is getting completely--

Terry Jones: And now for something completely different. Here is an animated car-driving-along-the-Antelope-Freeway segment by Terry Gilliam.

(Hilarity involving antique automobile cut-outs ensues)

Graham Chapman: Stop that! I'm dead.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Moeko'sOwl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moeko'sOwl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brad, YOMANK!

--------------------
We are all equal, be it before the eyes of God, or for our own sake. We are all worthy of the same fundamental rights, freedoms, and, protections. Mindless hatred is unjustifiable. -Squoval

Posts: 320 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG, it's the sequel to Snakes on a Plane!

Just when you thought it was safe to travel again.... [Eek!]

- Pseudo (Mom would freak) Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brad... wow, I can totally see that as a skit... except the part with Graham Chapman saying anything. [Wink] HYSTERICAL!

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brad... completely YOMANK. I could hear the skit in my head reading that!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages