snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Critters Archive » Kitten Born With Two Faces

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kitten Born With Two Faces
oh pleeze
It's So Cheesy (to Fall in Love)

Icon 503 posted      Profile for oh pleeze   Author's Homepage   E-mail oh pleeze   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A newborn kitten recently entered the world with two faces.
Gemini
 -

--------------------
op

i'm taking the afternoon off to stalk my previous boss who fired me for taking afternoons off.

Posts: 728 | From: the funshine state! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, as if cats with just one face weren't disturbing enough, now I have a whole new breed of cat to fear. [Eek!]

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a stuffed and mounted lamb with two rear ends, 6 legs, and three ears at the Governor Bent museum in Taos. (As far as I know the lamb did not have anything to do with Governor Bent, so I'm not sure why it was in the museum.)
Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HazelPhoenix
TR7 Bridges Road

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HazelPhoenix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whag. I recall Beauregard the six-legged cow and Andy the footless goose from the Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Odditorium on Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls ... unrelated-ly, that's kind of a cute name for a two-faced cat -- Gemini.

--------------------
"The question is not who is going to let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand

Posts: 145 | From: Southeastern Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NovaSS
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NovaSS   E-mail NovaSS   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does that mean it has 18 lives?
Posts: 162 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Pomfrey
Marilyn Monroe Doctrine

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Ms. Pomfrey   E-mail Ms. Pomfrey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was another kitten like that born a few years ago, here's the link: twofacedkitten

And if you're not too squeamish, here's a whole slew of things that can go wrong with kittens: freakycats

--------------------
"I didn't have any disinfectant, so I poured tequila on him." --a friend, on treating her injured hamster

Posts: 96 | From: Northern Virginia, U.S. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 06 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
2-headed kitten dies

Gemini, the two-headed kitten born this month, is no more.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0622Kitten22-ON.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wizard of Yendor
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad, but no surprise. I don't recall any similarly deformed animals ever living long.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wizard of Yendor:
Sad, but no surprise. I don't recall any similarly deformed animals ever living long.

This is not that uncommon a deformity in kittens, and as Wizard stated, they don't live very long.

I just hope the poor thing did not suffer too much. Seems to me that the veterinarian should have tried to convince the owner to euthanize the kitten instead of putting it through a slow death.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages