snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Critters Archive » Weird things your pets like (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Weird things your pets like
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe my pets are just weird. My cat loves coffee. Has anyone else experienced this? I have never met a cat that goes crazy over coffee like he does. Our other kitty couldn't be bothered, but for Shadow it's like catnip. He will sit on the table nose to my nose while I'm drinking. He'll smell my breath and try to stick his face in the cup. If I put my empty cup in the sink, he is in there, face in the mug, paw dipping in to taste the few last drops. Then he runs around the house like a lunatic.

Pippin, our dog, loves cheese. Maybe not so weird, but she loves it more than anything else in the world. Give her a coice between bacon and cheese and she'll pick cheese anytime. The crinkle of the cheese wrapper will wake her out of the deepest sleep.

Our other cat likes anything long and thin, such as straws and paint brushes. She hordes them, hiding them in little stashes around the house. She also has a thing for ear plugs.

Our snake loves the smell of Orange peels.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
our cat likes her Chef's blend cat food. I think that's got to be the reason she will not eat anything else. Period. No pieces of chicken, no tuna, nothing. She just sniffs it and ignores it.

Weird.

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our cat loves human food. Sa far, she has happily gobbbled down:

-black cherry yoghurt
-blueberry muffins
-Christmas pudding
-malted granary bread
-crisps, every flavour we've tried
-chips
-marmalade on toast
-cheese, all types
-raisins

Some of them, like cheese and yoghurt, make sense, but raisins??

Whenever we eat something she watches us, agog, with huge Puss-in-Boots eyes, so we'll offer her some. It usually gets shovelled in fairly rapidly.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bugaboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugaboo   E-mail bugaboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have three interesting kitties...

Rajah: He LOVES pizza, potato chips, french fries, etc... you get the idea, he thinks he's a dog!!! 'Course, catnip is his favorite!!

Flower: She's somewhat normal, whatever that is!!! She drinks out of the toilet, refuses to drink out of the water bowl, and is just a fat cat. BTW, she also has a "thing" for earplugs. When Flower gets catnip she acts like she's on an LSD trip-needless to say, she doesn't get it often!! (as DH would say, "drug the kitty!!" said like South Park's "kick the baby")

Lady: She's the youngest.. She's almost 2, where as Rajah is 10 and Flower is 9... Anyway, Lady LOVES catnip, and trying to eat whatever DS is eating (she's DS's kitty) She also drinks out of the toilet.

My dogs (which are still living with my mom & dad-I don't think I'm ever getting them back [Frown] ) eat green beans religiously, and also love butter beans.

I have weird animals. Hubby says they take after me.

bugaboo

ETA: I forgot the funniest... Whenever I get an Arby's roast beef, I have to lock Rajah up....One day I was eating one, and had left the other in the bag. Next thing I knew, Rajah the theif had pulled it out of the bag, ripped the wrapper, and was eating the roast beef out of the sandwich!!!

--------------------
I'm loopy, I'm loopy, I'm loopy loopy loopy - Jimmy Neutron

Posts: 267 | From: Lynn Haven, FL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I put moisturizer on, my dog licks my skin. It seems to work with a few different brands, too (so far, Eucerin and Aveeno). It's not fun trying to get dressed in the morning while the dog is licking your legs. Plus I worry that it's not something that should be eaten!

Eve "Down, boy!" MG

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So far our Shadow kitty seems to like the normal tuna and dry kitten chow.

My parents dog, OTOH has an odd taste for green peppers. We break off pepper to her and she happily chomps it down. Looks like it's a feat for her, with her overbite and all.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My golden retriever will eat anything she sees me eating, including watermelon.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My parents dog Max likes to eat breath mints. It's great fun to watch him eat them as you place it in his mouth, he will move it around his mouth with his tongue, spit it out, and then roll on it. His loves to rub his face and neck on the mint, probably trying to get the scent to rub off on him. Then he will pick the mint up in his mouth and repeat the process. Great fun for his humans to watch for the fifteen minutes it take for him to finish one breath mint!

Max is unsure of grapes. Their last dog used to love grapes and oranges. Max likes oranges but can't quite understand grapes. If you give him one unbroken he will roll it around in his mouth and then spit it out. If you bite it in half and give him half of a grape, he will gobble it down. If you give him a whole grape with broken skin, he will eat the grape, but spit out the skin and refuse to eat the skin. I have never seen a dog skin a grape before in his mouth. He is an Australian Cattle Dog mix (german shepard we think) and his mouth is like a alligator's.

vanilla(eww...doggy slober covered grape skins everywhere!)pink

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes I use peppermint foot lotion. The cats will lick and bite my toes, lick socks and anything else my feet have touched. It's weird.

My dearly departed iguana used to love certain human foods. Once, I made a veggie burger, complete on bread w/ lettuce and tomato. I set it down to get something to drink. When I came back, the veggie burger was gone. It was in my iggy's mouth and he was running away as fast as he could. That was funny. He absolutely loved those morningstar farms veggie chick patties (sort of taste like chicken). He would go nuts when I was making those.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My dog loves bread, especially crusty italian type bread. When he gets a piece, he takes it into his cage and "sings" to it (he actually sounds like Chewbacca is the only way to describe this singing) then he goes through a ritual where he will walk around with the bread in his mouth to show it to whoever is in the room and then he goes back to the bread and sings again. He does this over and over until he finally eats it.

My kitty used to sit in the tub and meow as loud as he could, for no apparent reason.

ETA- Come to think of it, I had a cat who loved peas, especially frozen ones. That cat was VERY strange. He would also eat his food with his paw, and he would only drink from the sink.

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smilodonna
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My golden retriever will eat ANYTHING - except lettuce. He has even stolen sandwiches that have lettuce inside them, only to leave the lettuce on the plate. I'm not sure exactly how he manages it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 23 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Goldie, my late Lab mix, loved popcorn and peanuts.
My first Dobe (Ivy) loved carrots.
I've seen one of my cats eating the dog's food. [Eek!]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mom's cat Hobbes used to love iced tea and whiskey and coke.

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ErinInCanada

Miss Vickie, our cat, likes V8 juice and brocoli.

As for non-food stuff, she carries around one of my old barbie dolls by the hair. Takes it everywhere. Its rather cute. We think it is because before we got her as a kitten, the little girl who owned her would dress her up in barbie clothes. Might also explain why she's so tiny. [Smile]

The dog, Pumpkin, will eat anything. She especially likes butter though.

noftessa

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noftessa   E-mail noftessa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Animal waffles.

--------------------
Dude, do we want to discuss why I was just hit in the head with a thumb?

Posts: 833 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noftessa

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noftessa   E-mail noftessa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Our English Bulldog, Huckleberry ("Huck") Finn, will eat anything - dogfood, hot sauce, tomatoes, carrots, french fries, cheetos, butter, ice cubes, alcohol, the stuff you spray so that they won't bite the furniture, dirt, charcoal, sticks/wood, paper, cloth towels, etc. The only thing he doesn't like is coffee (afraid of it and will attack the cup it is in) and pretzels. He'll play with the pretzels until they eventually get eaten, but he won't happily gobble them down like he will with everything else.

nof "we only give him people food about once a month, though" tessa

--------------------
Dude, do we want to discuss why I was just hit in the head with a thumb?

Posts: 833 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat

Icon 500 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My lab loves to eat towels. Not just chew them, mind you--EAT them. Always makes picking up the dog poo and extra-fascinating experience.

My Sheltie, on the other hand, has a VERY annoying habit of barking at anything moving (or otherwise attention getting) in the sky. Aircraft, the moon, stars, quickly moving clouds, birds... anything. and I don't mean a few barks for good lukc--he really goes to town.

He reserves most of his ire, however, for his archnemisis, the dreaded cieling fan. If he gets even the slightest hint that the cieling fan is on (or might be on in the near future), he goes stark raving MAD--hackles up, spit flying everywhere, ears down, teeth bared, leaping into the air and climbing on tables trying to attack the fan.

What a little wierdo.

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sue Bee:
My dog loves bread, especially crusty italian type bread. When he gets a piece, he takes it into his cage and "sings" to it (he actually sounds like Chewbacca is the only way to describe this singing) then he goes through a ritual where he will walk around with the bread in his mouth to show it to whoever is in the room and then he goes back to the bread and sings again. He does this over and over until he finally eats it.

YOMANK! That is hilarious!

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   E-mail I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cat Charlie loves potatoes and corn in any form. He loves mashed or au gratin, cream or on the cob, he gets so excite when we share. But his alltime favorites are tortilla chips and fries. He actually comes and hits you on the leg and yells at you if you are eating fries to get one. When he was a freshly acquired kitten, Charlie walked nonchalantly into an open bag of tortilla chips hubby was snacking from and came back out with a chip in his mouth that was roughly his size. He ate it, too. This same cat will not eat cat treats or any kind of meat or fish, just cat food and starchy stuff.

Our boy dog, we have not yet found any food he won't eat, and seemingly enjoy. He's a big fan of salad, ice, bread, meat. He stole and enjoyed an entire lemon-flavored Italian Christmas cake last week (serves 12 or 1 Chaucer). He will take a gelcap pill as though it is a treat. I have not picked a piece of dropped food up off my floor in 3 years.

Posts: 2115 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My kitty Sandstone likes Pepsi. I found that out when he stuck his snout in one day and drank from the cup. He'll also drink lemonade.

One of my sister's cats is a fruit bat. Well, he could be. The only fruit he does not eat is bananas. He also likes orange juice.

My sister's other cat loves lettuce. When he was a small kitten he stole an entire head of lettuce- my sister heard a thump and went to investigate and there he was trotting away with the plastic bag of the lettuce in his mouth and this head of lettuce bouncing around. He is a fiend for onions off of pizza; unfortunately for him onions are bad for cats so he doesn't get any. If you order pizza you have to put a book on the cover or he'll unlock the box and graze off the top. Other weird things he eats: cucumbers, corn and tomatoes.

kitap

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All my dog does is sneak into the bathroom after someone takes a shower and lick the soap scum off the tub. She has also stolen bars of soap from the bathroom and chews (eats?) them.

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the first things Oscar did when he came home from the breeder is stick his nose in my dad's glass of scotch. He has to see what kind of liquis is in any cup, which is a pain when you're trying to drink it, and he wants to sniff it.

In terms of non-food, Oscar does what we call "crackheading." This entales the stuffed animals on my bed. After many scoldings as a puppy, he knows they're mine. However, when he jumps in my bed, he will go over and proceed to poke and nudge the stuffed animals with his nose over and over and over. Longest I've ever timed him at was twenty minutes. He doesn't pick them up unless there's one he hasn't poked yet underneath another, and then he'll gently pick one up, set it down, and continue as usual with the buried one. When they tickle his nose, he'll wipe it on my pillow before continuing to poke it. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RingKeeper:

Pippin, our dog, loves cheese. Maybe not so weird, but she loves it more than anything else in the world. Give her a coice between bacon and cheese and she'll pick cheese anytime. The crinkle of the cheese wrapper will wake her out of the deepest sleep.

Boutros Boutros Doggie loves cheese. He even knows the word. "Boutros! Do you want some b]cheese[/b]?" makes him drop whatever he is doing and run to the refrigerator. We even buy him his "own" cheese at Costco (string cheese). He is usually very good about not digging stuff out of the garbage, but I occasionally find Boutros Cheese and cream cheese wrappers in the back room.

He also likes peas. Or at least won't spit them out as he does carrots. If you let him lick out the stew pan, he will leave behind carefully licked carrots, green beans and onions. Radicchio is right out.

Popcorn is another favorite and he like tortilla chips, unless they are stale.

We had a cat when I was growing up who liked Vanilla Cap'n Crunch. And he would go nuts whenever my mom chopped up squash, although he wouldn't eat any of it.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cat Sam likes to lick butter

My Mom's old dog ate a whole package of hot cross buns on Easter once

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My aunt had a cat, Rocket, that ate a ribbon off of a nightgown once. They noticed when the cat was walking around the house with a piece of red ribbon hangin out of it's butt... which my aunt proceeded to scold my cousin for tying to the cats tail, and ordered him to untie it. That led to my cousin jerking the ribbon out of the cat's ass.... which led to a snarling cat flying across the room out for blood. My grandmother's dachshund ate a spool of thread once with similarly interesting results. [Smile]

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever I use the foot file/smoother on my feet to remove rough and dry skin, my dog just loves to lick said dry skin from my feet. And it feels pretty good to me, too!

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All About Eve, every dog I've ever been in contact with also loves to lick you after you apply any kind of lotion. I'm not sure why.

The dog we had when I was growing up loved beer. If anyone was drinking beer around her, she kept begging for some. It was right out of that movie "Strange Brew", which, incidentally, is where brother dear and I got the idea to give her some in the first place.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman
Harshmallow World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman   Author's Homepage   E-mail plain-TALKing Yorkshire Woman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
my daft hound likes almost anything possible in human food that he can get...

he insists on helping me finish my little pots of yogurt. I eat the majority of the yogurt from the individual pot, and then the dog has to thoroughly inspect the pot, and lick it completely clean.

all I have to do is say to him "pot??!!" and he's there wagging, and begging.

he also likes anything beginning with "ch".. Cheese, chips (the French fries and crisps versions)
chocolate drops..... man! this dog would sell his soul for a chocolate drop... for TWO choccy drops, he'd sell YOURS!

we joke that the rattling of a packet of crisps, or a packet of biscuits is calling the dog's name, but "speaking with an accent!" lol

you can call him, and call him, but he won't answer, he is "selectively deaf", he just will not come to you. however, the minute he hears the rattling/ rustling of a packet, whoosh, he's there like greased lightning.

something else he loves, is carrots! if I am peeling carrots for a stew, or to grate into a salad, he goes mad, and begs like crazy, until I give in, and let him have some carrot.

I only know of a couple of other dogs who eat carrots.

My cat is a real cheese-hound! he loves cheese of any description.

I used to have a cat a few years ago, which I adopted through the cats protection league, and he was so bold! he loved fries, soaked in salt and vinegar... so much so that he'd sneak up to you, if you'd got a fish-and-chips takeaway, and as you were eating, he'd paw the chips off your plate!!!

Talk

--------------------
...Can you tell tripe from truth?

Don't be an ignoranus:- an ignoranus is someone who is both stupid, and an ars*hole!

Posts: 1833 | From: The West Riding of God's-own county: Yorkshire UK | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monroe

Kitty Kat:
This cat loves Carmex and will go nuts if she smells it. If I let her, she would eat an entire jar.She also likes Lotion of any kind. You name it, she will eat it. The same goes for my liquid makeus, deodorant and a prescription antifungal cream that Dev had to use when he was itty bitty. Her favorite beverages include iced tea, toilet water, bottled water (never plain tap water unless it has lemon or lime) and flat Diet Pepsi. Her absolute favorites are boiled, skinless, extra fatless chicken, Cool Ranch Doritoes, which she will stick her face in the bag and eat (yes, head in the bag, munching away) and sour cream and onion Pringles.

Buffy Ann:

This particular kitty is my own little puppy. She will eat radishes, lettuce, cucumbers, potatoes (raw or cooked), onion and anything else she can get her hands on, including socks. (I don't have proof that she is actually eating the socks, but we have a heck of a lot less of them since she came around and started grabbing them!) She loves to drink hot, used bath water (especially is someone is still in the tub) and hot cocoa and tea.

Both of the cats like mint Hershey Kisses.

Callie Cat
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Callie Cat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My cat loves the smell of bleach. If I have the smell on my hands she goes nuts trying to lick them. Stupid cat.

Callie.

Posts: 1304 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bugaboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugaboo   E-mail bugaboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I have another one...

Rajah (a neutered male cat) has, what we call, a hump toy. We go thru at least 3 stuffed animals a year, including the "indestructible" dog toys. He humps them until the stuffing comes out.

Flower carries them around, and then Rajah does his business, then Flower usually leaves them on the couch.

DH has thrown quite a few away, after they ended up on his side of the bed and in his flight bag, but we still try to keep at least one, otherwise Rajah goes nuts!! (Yikes, horribly bad pun, sorry)

bugaboo

--------------------
I'm loopy, I'm loopy, I'm loopy loopy loopy - Jimmy Neutron

Posts: 267 | From: Lynn Haven, FL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
daisyslegs

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyslegs     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bugaboo:
[snip] but we still try to keep at least one, otherwise Rajah goes nuts!! (Yikes, horribly bad pun, sorry)

bugaboo

[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
~tough as nails yet nice as pie~
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar.
"and don't threaten anyone with your pants today!" - Frog_Feathers
daisys does Myspace

Posts: 3206 | From: Molalla, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
All About Eve, every dog I've ever been in contact with also loves to lick you after you apply any kind of lotion. I'm not sure why.

Ah, so my doggie is not unusual. Weird, but not unusual. [Smile]

mgbdriver's story reminded me that my cat likes to drink the tub water when I take a bath. I try to stop her when I've got bubbles or a lot of soap in it, although she doesn't seem to mind the soap.

Eve "Gonna wash your mouth out with soap!" MG

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Similar to MG's doggies, mine like to lick the bubbles in my bubble bath. My pit bull, Nui, freaks out if you point ANYTHING at him. My beagle, Abbey, will come running from the other side of the house if she hears the ice maker going. For some reason she loves to chew ice.

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Taxi mgbdriver:
All my dog does is sneak into the bathroom after someone takes a shower and lick the soap scum off the tub. She has also stolen bars of soap from the bathroom and chews (eats?) them.

My old dog used to do that too. Although it was annoying, we considered it an improvement over her raiding the cat litter box.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages