snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Most horrible singer ever (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Most horrible singer ever
ParaDiddle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm logged on at work so I can't download or hear the file but, I believe that I was dared, nay, "double-dog-dared". It's on now!

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ParaDiddle:
I'm logged on at work so I can't download or hear the file but, I believe that I was dared, nay, "double-dog-dared". It's on now!

- P

Well, I think the mystery of who taught the O Silent Night guy how to sing is solved.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Para I do believe you won the PRICELESS award!~! [lol]

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaDiddle   E-mail ParaDiddle       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I just fired up my laptop, logged on again and listened to it. . . all of it. . . at full volume. First of all, I'm proud that I made it to the end. Why? I think it's because after the first few measures, I knew that there would be at least two higher octaves to come. If my tone-deaf ears were correct, there were three.

I must admit it brought me to tears.

- P

Posts: 1856 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 08 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanz:
quote:
Sylvanz, that was perfection. It was even the right pace - not too slow. I can't believe I've never heard that recording of it.
When I was about 13 or so my mom had an album of different Christmas songs by various artists (yes it was an old "wax" LP). That version of "O Holy Night!" was on the album. I'd actually never heard the song before. I loved it and listened to it over and over every Christmas. I haven't heard it in years, and like many things do over time the record disappeared somewhere. The OP made me long to hear it the right way again, and when Louise said she didn't know how it was supposed to sound I tried googling it and was lucky to find the very one I was looking for. I've never heard anyone else do that song justice.
Sylvanz! You took me back to my childhood. Thank you. My mother was in love with Mario Lanza.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Omigod. I downloaded the version in the OP. I'm all a tremble. When I saw this topic I thought, how could anything beat out Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips?" But this song actually makes Tim's tiptoes sound appealing. I feel so badly for the guy that made that recording, I'm going to have another lemon bar out of sympathy.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Tagurit:
quote:
Sylvanz! You took me back to my childhood. Thank you. My mother was in love with Mario Lanza.
[Big Grin] He sure was a cutie for an Opra singer wasn't he? He even made a couple of musicals back in the day: ala Fred Astair, Bing Crosby, etc. I loved those old musicals when I was a kid...I still do. [Embarrassed] I find myself listening to that track every day right now 'cause I haven't heard it in so long.

P&LL, Syl

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:
quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanz:
quote:
Sylvanz, that was perfection. It was even the right pace - not too slow. I can't believe I've never heard that recording of it.
When I was about 13 or so my mom had an album of different Christmas songs by various artists (yes it was an old "wax" LP). That version of "O Holy Night!" was on the album. I'd actually never heard the song before. I loved it and listened to it over and over every Christmas. I haven't heard it in years, and like many things do over time the record disappeared somewhere. The OP made me long to hear it the right way again, and when Louise said she didn't know how it was supposed to sound I tried googling it and was lucky to find the very one I was looking for. I've never heard anyone else do that song justice.
As was I. He died in 1959, a couple of weeks before I turned 19, and it broke my heart. I have a Christmas cassette tape by him, but as happens at times, it got so old and worn that it won't play correctly any more. I didn't have any A/C for several summers, and most of my old LPs warped. There isn't any Christmas music on any of my Lanza CDs. I'm going to send that link to my sister.

Josh Groban does a beautiful version of "O Holy Night."

But this thread was supposed to be about horrible singers. I can't think of one. Oh, wait. I know! Michael Bolton.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ParaDiddle

Guess what was the 0700 wake-up call at the firehouse today. The PA system will never be the same.

- P

Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Guess what was the 0700 wake-up call at the firehouse today. The PA system will never be the same.

You didn't! That's bad. [lol]
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

- P

That really, really upset my cats.

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 86 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope the O Holy Night singer keeps his day job! Couldn't hear the other one, but something tells me I'm lucky.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
atimnie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atimnie   E-mail atimnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Guy in the OP sounds like Bob Goldthwaite doing Michael Bolton doing Tiny Tim after swallowing glass and rubbing his vocal chords with sandpaper.

And if you think F.F. Jenkins is bad, you should hear Mrs. Miller. At least she stuck mostly to pop and didn't attempt any arias.

As for John Strand, the song is pretty lame, but I think better production would have made it more listenable, bring up the instruments, and just a touch of reverb to the vocal... on the other hand, do we really need a lamer version of Johnny Bravo?

Posts: 70 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages