snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » For my fellow MiSTie Snopesters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For my fellow MiSTie Snopesters
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wasn't sure where to put this, so move it if you need to.

I was in upstate NY visiting family over the holiday weekend and found this lovely little establishment. I didn't have time to stop in and see if Torgo was there or not, but I did take a picture:

Today's Special: the "Hands of Fate"

Well, I thought it was funny, anyway.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
awesome!

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiesnix
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiesnix   E-mail Pixiesnix   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ThE mAster says you can't EAT here...

--------------------
Ye cannot get ye flask!

Posts: 42 | From: O'Fallon, IL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hi, I'm TorGO and I'll bE yoUr waIter..."

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*snerk*

There's a Manos Greek Restaurant not far from here. I've never been there so I don't have the picture, but the Yahoo Yellow Pages says it's true!

There's also apparently a Manos Ministries nearby. Now that is just terrifying to consider.

"The MAster wants yOu for hiS PA-rish."

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know for a fact there's that Manos restaurant on Adams. Easy to get to, just never been.

"CaN I TaKE YoUR ORder?"

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Daddy, can Scrappy eat the silverfish?"

"The woman - No! The girl - Yes!"
"Cheese - Maybe!"

Anyhow, we all know that Torgo had a job delivering pizzas at one time...

Trish "Oh, c'mon and die already! My arms are getting tired!" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zamboni_Rodeo:
Wasn't sure where to put this, so move it if you need to.

I was in upstate NY visiting family over the holiday weekend and found this lovely little establishment. I didn't have time to stop in and see if Torgo was there or not, but I did take a picture

But doesn't he just tAke cARe of the plACe whIle the mASter is awAY?

EDIT: Also, is the food strong enough for a manos but made for a womanos?

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This would be funnier if I didn't know that "Manos" is also the Spanish word for "hands." But it does make the movie funnier: "Hands, the Hands of Fate!"

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages