snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » How To Prank A Telemarketer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How To Prank A Telemarketer
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Put down your drinks and pee first!

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Goombah
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goombah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Magdalene! Now I have to go home and change my underwear.

I recognise the guys in the studio, that clip is from the Bob and Tom radio show. From a purely legal position, would some kind of legal release form be required to transmit the phone marketer's voice over the air like that. I know they would have required a release if they had played his full name, the comapany he worked for or his precise location but given the information that was withheld I'm just not sure.

--------------------
Ok guys, try to remember this time. It's pillage first, then burn.

Posts: 179 | From: Holdrege, NE | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surfcitydogdad     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy crap; that's great!

Thanks, Mag. Great sig, Goom.

--------------------
Only when we remake ourselves can we remake the world.
- Outer Limits (2001)

Posts: 559 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by surfcitydogdad:
Holy crap; that's great!

Thanks, Mag. Great sig, Goom.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once...

Q:What do the Vandals chant as they attack a village?
A: "Burn last! Burn last!" (you know, burn, rape, pillage...)
[fish]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surfcitydogdad     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat..."

--------------------
- Outer Limits (2001)

Posts: 559 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
...As needed!

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
did anyone else find the gay jokes in the recording actually kind of offensive? I know it's a joke and all, but I didn't think it was that funny. Like they expected the audience to go "EWWWWWW, gay sex!" as part of the humor. Not my taste, really.

--------------------
Kevin: Pink Bunkadoo?
Randall: Yeah. Beautiful tree that was. Og designed it. 600 feet high, bright red, and smelled terrible.

Posts: 71 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

I didn't even catch any gay references, Clarity, and I live in Santa Cruz!

I'll have to listen again, but I'm just naive, I guess. I was laughing at the situation as a whole, and wasn't listening for specific details. But, if you say so, I trust you're right.

--------------------
- Outer Limits (2001)

moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
^They asked the telemarketer if he was the "victim's" gay lover.

I've always wanted to prank a telemarketer, but lately every time they call, it's a recorded telemarketing message.

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
surfcitydogdad
Jingle Bell Hock

I guess I got tired of the joke about a minute into it, and didn't listen to it all the way thru. It was funny at fist, but goes downhill form there, after the part about it being a murder scene. I get sick of jokes when they go on too long, so I exited, and missed the gay part.

--------------------
- Outer Limits (2001)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages