snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » What American Accent Do You Have? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What American Accent Do You Have?
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
crazybob
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazybob   E-mail crazybob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Interesting...

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
You can observe a lot just by watching.
-Yogi Berra

Posts: 85 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arrow-Tech IV
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arrow-Tech IV   E-mail Arrow-Tech IV   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here I am:

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
The South
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
Boston
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

No wonder my Nigerian students love me. They always say that they can easily understand me, but they have trouble with other teachers' accents....

Posts: 955 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The South
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The West
The Northeast
Boston
North Central
Take More Quizzes

Sounds about right. People have commented on my lack of southern accent, especially compared to my mom. These people have never heard me get mad because it comes out in full force then! [Smile]

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
The Inland North
Boston
The West
North Central
Take More Quizzes

I blame my parents, for always pushing me to lose the New England accent. Thank heavens they did, though, or no one from south or west of Hartford would ever be able to understand me!

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 500 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got "Inland North" even though I have lived continuously in southern California since I was five.
quote:
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?"
Nope. No one has ever asked me that. However, I did get asked a few week ago if I was born in the UK. (I have no idea why. [Confused] )
quote:
Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."
Nope. In fact, my parents, who did grow up in Chicago, have always called carbonated drinks "soda," not pop. I never even knew that some Americans did this until about 10 years ago when I heard a coworker who was originally from Pittsburgh tell me that her relatives do that.
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine was Midland but with a strong "South" score.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine was almost 100% West, which coincides with what I've been told. My Linguistic professors were always asking me to say things because they said I spoke standard American newscaster English (which is a much nicer way of saying "lowest common denominator" AmE, IMO).

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The South
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

Way, way, WAY off! [lol] I was born and raised in New England. FWIW in Iowa, I think most people would answer almost completely opposite from how I answered. WTF? lol

I know it says "lowest common denominator" but still . . . Sheesh!

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
onein6billion
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onein6billion   E-mail onein6billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

North Central
Boston
The Midland
The Northeast
The West
Philadelphia
The South
Take More Quizzes

I've never even been to the Midwest, unless you count the time I drove through going from coast to coast. I'm a born and raised Baltimorean, hon.

--------------------
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." - Jon Stewart
my space on myspace--now showing "80's Video Of The Week"

Posts: 278 | From: Bel Air, MD | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Errata:
It gives me 100% "Inland North", but thats wrong. I don't sound like I'm from Chicago. And I say "Soda", not "Pop". People can tell that I'm American from my accent, but thats about it. Nobody has ever guessed where I was from based on my accent (not counting incorrectly guessing that I'm a California local). My grandparents generation had faint traces of a discernable upstate New York regional accent, but technology has long since killed it off.

It seems like "Inland North" is what it gives you if you enunciate. To me, the majority of those words sound different, and for the ones that did sound alike, changing the answers didn't change the result.

I got "Inland North" as well. I live in Wisconsin now, but I was raised all over- a majority of time in Alaska. I enunciate because I'm hard of hearing and for some reason, growing up, I thought if I enunciated, others would too.

I also say "soda", not "pop"- and even the ones around here who say "pop" say it like: "pawp".

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got Boston. Why am I not surprised?

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The South
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

Born in Montana, raised in Illinois and North Dakota... by Texan parents.

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The Midland
The Northeast
The South
Philadelphia
North Central
The West
Boston
Take More Quizzes

No surprise there, as I have lived in Wisconsin almost all my life.

BTW, I have noticed that the farther south and east you go in Wisconsin, the more likely people are to say soda. Anecdote and all that.

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Inland North, which is just a little puzzling to me because I don't think lower Michiganders sound anything like Wisconsinites. Michigan is inland north, I suppose. Upper Michiganders do, however, sound like a cross between Wisconsinites and Canucks.

Chicago? Chicagoans don't have an accent. Oh, that's because they sound like me. [Smile]

There was a time, not so long ago, when midwest accents were used predominantly for national news and recordings for phone services, menus, etc. because they were easiest understood by the majority of US regions. I've noticed that's all changed. Brit accents are creeping into our daily audio culture. That's just my observation, but I don't get out much.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Trixie Tang
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trixie Tang   E-mail Trixie Tang   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland
The South
The Inland North
The Northeast
Boston
The West
North Central
Take More Quizzes

Huh? I'm from Cutoff, Louisiana. The deepest, swampiest, most Cajun-filled environment you can imagine. Although I have moved around Southeast Louisiana a lot, I have never even been to Philadelphia. Or anywhere more north than Tennessee.

My mother is an English teacher, and didn't allow my sister and I speak with a bayou accent, but you pick it up somewhere. In college, I worked really hard with a speech teacher to vanquish what moderate accent I had. My husband (whose from the suburbs of New Orleans)swears it's there a little, and when I start drinking, even I can start to here it. But Philadelphia? Phppbp.

Posts: 46 | From: Donaldsonville, LA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sara at home

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara at home   E-mail Sara at home   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 100% Philadelphia which would seem logical because I live 50 miles from Philly. However, no one around here thinks I have a Philly accent. I do use the Philadelphia pronouncations for the words in the test, but I don't think that constitutes an accent. There's more to an accent than how you pronounce a handful of words.

OTOH, unlike most natives of this area, I don't have a PA Dutch accent, either. But I can do one.

--------------------
Assume that all my posts will be edited at least once. Dyslexic -- can't spell, can't type, can't proofread.

Posts: 8317 | From: Reading, PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No surprise here: the "no-accent" accent.

The Northeast
The Inland North
Boston
The West
Philadelphia
The South
North Central
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

The West
The Midland
North Central
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Inland North
The South
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CatNip

Icon 01 posted      Profile for CatNip     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

The Midland
The West
North Central
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Inland North
The South
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
Bush won. Get over it.

Posts: 49 | From: Four Kitties' litterbox, MA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, there's a shocker. We did answer one question differently, though.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The Midland

The Northeast

Philadelphia

The South

North Central

The West

Boston

Take More Quizzes

quote:
Nope. No one has ever asked me that. However, I did get asked a few week ago if I was born in the UK. (I have no idea why.)
I grew up in Seattle. When I lived in Seattle I had people ask me if I was from NYC. When I lived in NJ, I had people ask me if I was from the UK. Now that I live here I've been told I don't have an annoying American accent.

For what it's worth, I had 3-4 years speech therapy due to "R" issues.

ETA: I'm using Safari (which I also used for the quiz) and I can only see the red bars in my post. Odd.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unklesamta
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unklesamta   E-mail unklesamta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The West
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

ETA funnily (word?) enough, in philly people think I sound like I am straight outta chicago, when i go home to chi-town everyone tells me I sound like I am from philly, yo. Now I have verifiable proof!! I love science.

--------------------
The less you know, the more you believe. -Bono

Posts: 457 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HenryChicane
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HenryChicane   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Philadelphia
The Northeast
The Inland North
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
Take More Quizzes

I lived in a suburb of Philadelphia, PA until I was ten, and have lived in Northern Delaware ever since. The maternal side of my family are all from the sticks around Pittsburgh PA, they were mostly coal miners and farmers. My grandparents moved to Levittown PA in the 1950's, but still speak like the people back home. When I am around them even briefly I start picking up their speech patterns; wash becomes warsh, rubber band is gum band, soda becomes pop, 'is it not' becomes, 'hain-it,' 'you all' becomes 'yuns,' etc. This drives my wife insane, lol.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/ironhillpark

Posts: 75 | From: NewCastle, Delaware | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The West
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
The South
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

Pretty accurate, although I use a lot of the speach patterns for this area which would really throw people off.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bad Ronald

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Ronald   E-mail Bad Ronald   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland
The Northeast
The South
The Inland North
Boston
The West
North Central
Take More Quizzes

Bullseye!

--------------------
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
Winston Churchill

Posts: 821 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
stalker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stalker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia

The Inland North

The Midland

The South

Boston

The West

North Central

Take More Quizzes

I guess that was as close as they could get considering I was born and bred in the UK.

Edited: to make it display in firefox

--------------------
Fetishists Unite! Anti-Fetishists Untie!

Posts: 215 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'mNotDedalus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'mNotDedalus   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'mNotDedalus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
Take More Quizzes

It's literally true. Funny thing, though, every time I'm in the city, true-blue Chicagoans ask me if I'm a foreigner speaking English as a second language! Completely bewilders me.

--------------------
The salty fragrance of L’Eau D’I’mNotDedalus - made entirely of and entirely for sea turtles.

Posts: 1983 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

Philadelphia
The West
The Inland North
Boston
The Northeast
The South
North Central
Take More Quizzes

I'm from the other place that has very little accent, Seattle WA.

Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

North Central
The West
Boston
The Inland North
The South
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

Canadian English (as spoken around Toronto) has some unique characteristics (i.e., the standard Canadian "oot and aboot" [Big Grin] ). However, I guess as Pennsylvania isn't too far away, it makes as much sense as anything else.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "They speak funny south of the Great Lakes anyhow [Razz] " ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diehard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diehard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

North Central
The West
Boston
The South
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

--------------------
Daddy "You are my "Special Angel" 1942-1999"

Posts: 440 | From: Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr_Personality

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr_Personality   E-mail Mr_Personality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings everyone, I'm the one that created that little quiz last Sunday night and saw it turn into the phenomenon it did (it became the number one quiz at gotoquiz.com in 3 days and is still at the top spot).

One thing I've noticed about the quiz is that it is most accurate with the "Philadelphia," "Northeast," "Boston" and sometimes "Inland North" results. Southerners often get Midland and vice versa. Same with Midland and West. But those Northeasterners who do get the right answer are always astonished because they never thought they had an accent before.

And that is one of the reasons I made this thing in the first place!

Oh yeah, I should mention, I was kind of hasty with the descriptions of the regions. "Inland North" actually means not only Chicago and part of Wisconsin, but Michigan, Cleveland, and New York State as well. So, if you're from those places, that's the result you should get.

Posts: 16 | From: Monterey, CA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a Southerner who got "Midland". I currently live in a part of Florida with no real accent (not around the university, anyway), yet I still get comments on my Southern (south Alabama/north Florida) accent. Back home, though, people say I "talk too proper." I think I may have been influenced by the relatives from Michigan.
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sabrina_Fairchild
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina_Fairchild   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sabrina_Fairchild   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

The Midland
The South
Boston
The Northeast
Philadelphia
North Central
The Inland North
Take More Quizzes

I figured I'd get the West. Since I live in West Texas, makes sense to me. lol

--------------------
As heard on "Street Smarts":
Q: Chicago has 2 professional baseball teams. The Cubs and....what is the other one? Hint: It's something you probably don't wear a lot.

Girl: Underwear?

Posts: 178 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it says I could be from Florida. My regular accent is a combo of Florida and the influence of my midwestern relatives.

The West
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
The South
Philadelphia
The Northeast
Take More Quizzes

What I'd like to know is how "Mary", "merry", and "marry" are supposed to be pronounced if not all exactly the same.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages