snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Barbie nostalgia (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Barbie nostalgia
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't remember my first Barbie, but I loved my Quick Curl Barbie. I also had a Ballerina Barbie - her head had a crown implanted in it. I got tired of piling her hair up around it, so I yanked it out of her head. Then she had a big hole in her head.

I also had a Superstar Barbie. Her feet fit into pegs on a stage that was connected to a fake camera. Everytime you clicked the shutter, the pegs moved her feet so it looked like she was posing.

I never had a Ken. I cut the hair on a knock-off Barbie and dressed her in jeans. She was my Ken.

I had the Wonder Woman doll, who was about an inch taller than Barbie, so she couldn't wear her clothes. And I had another one whose name I can't remember that had a swivel scalp, one side brunette & one side blonde.

My favorites were the paper dolls. I loved making my own clothes for them.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
To take this into Urban Legend territory, I had 2 people in college independently verify that there was a Barbie whose chest enlarged when you turned her arm around.

I remember this. It was "Growing Up Skipper," though, not Barbie. Here's a link (about halfway down)

Oh, spanked. Ouch! (You do have to crank her arm around to "grow" her though)

Thanks to both of you. Nice to know it wasn't all in my head!!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My first Barbie was a hand-me-down from a neighbor. She (the doll) had violet eyes, and the neighbor girl had cut Barbie's blonde hair to shoulder-length. Never did figure out which Barbie it was - she was circa late 1970's-1986.

I later had Superstar Barbie; Dr. Ken; Wet 'n' Wild Ken, Skipper, and Theresa; Jazzie (Barbie's cousin), a Barbie with rhinestone eyes, and a Whitney doll (one of Barbie's friends). I also had a generic knock-off doll from Walgreens. I had the '57 Chevy, the motorhome, an A-frame Barbie house, and lots of smaller playsets. Actually, I've still got all my dolls and a surprising number of the accessories and playsets. I plan to sell them eventually.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My first Barbie was the same as Tootsie's. The 1960's bubble hair Barbie.
Between my sister and I we probably had 10 Barbies. They kept my brother's GI Joe busy....

guru "Where's my GI Joe? Oh, man! Now he has cooties...." wan2b

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Between this thread, the Barbie collection MAC cosmetics is doing later this year, I really, really miss my Barbies [Frown]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was 7, I asked for a Barbie for Christmas, and was given All three of these. In the interest of diversity, my parents gave my brother these. He got his own stock of dolls and always played Barbie with me when I wanted.

In my head, I remembered that as my first Barbie. But, browsing that site, I also found this one, and I know I still have that one (in pink). So it must have been earlier, or else someone gave it to me and my parents held on to it for a while until I was old enough.

Lots of people enjoyed giving me Barbies as a kid. I had around 25 Barbies (from 3 decades), 4 Kens, 1 Sparkle (generic rocker Barbie), and one male doll from a family line (I think it was the Heart family?) who was slightly shorter than Ken and also had his tighty-whiteys painted on. (Since my Barbies all had active sex lives, this was a problem for him.) I had vintage bedroom furniture, a full kitchen with assorted dishes and food, a working soda fountain, and a camper similar to this one only mine was hot pink and turquoise and this one is missing all the cool add-ins and secret compartments.

In Barbies, I was very spoiled. I have saved all of this stuff to give to my future Barbie-wanting kids.

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I no longer recall what my first Barbie looked like. I got her circa 1965 and she is buried somewhere under Polaris street in Pullman, WA.

I did not bury her. The local bully did. She wouldn't tell me where she'd buried Barbie before we had to go inside for the night and the next day they paved the street.

And her mother wondered why no one ever wanted to play with her...

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fashion Barbie with the molded plastic hair and three wigs was my first one. She also had a hollow plastic body. I dropped her once and she fell on her boob which then got a dent in it. My dad fashioned a tool out of wire, took her head off, and popped the dent out. But the tool also pushed a little out so my barbie had a nipple on one side.

It seems to me that in the late sixties, when the bendable barbies came out that you could take your old Barbie in and get a discount on the new one. Anyone else remember that?

I had a blue plastic wardrobe case and I seem to remember a barbie game with round cards that was some sort of career game. You could be a nurse or a stewardess or a homemaker or a teacher or a ballarina as I recall.

Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gale, that was the Barbie Keys to Fame Game, my best friend Claudette had that game (she also had all the Nancy Drew books - sigh - jealous, moi?) and it was good fun to play. I don't recall all the career choices but I'm pretty sure doctor and lawyer weren't among them!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have saved all of this stuff to give to my future Barbie-wanting kids.

Yeah, I did that too. Turned out I spawned 2 boys who want to see how badly they can destroy Barbie. Haven't given them the chance, tho.

Reading the thread again, I remember having the camper, only not pink but brownish, the airplane and a second or third hand townhouse. I made my own furniture.

I also had a "Starr" doll, which was a teen age doll (I guess Skipper aged) that came with a little microphone, because of course she was the lead singer of the band. She was made by Mattel and I think was the first to have molded plastic undies. I think they all have them now, but back in my day, they didn't, so I thought that was so funny.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wanted to pop back in here - I went to a car boot sale today and picked up 2 bin bags full of Barbie stuff for DD for 5! She's only 3, so this might be the last Christmas that we can get away with that!

I've got...
2 horses
A scooter
3 barbies
A carrier bag full of clothes
A wardrobe
A family of doggies
A vanity unit
A dining table and six chairs
A hot tub

I am now going to give them all a good wash and take a trip down nostalgia lane!

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jenovatrix
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenovatrix   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My first Barbie was.... My First Barbie (1984 edition).

My younger sister and I had a ton of them. I remember being so disappointed when my favorite doll got left at the babysitter's and her daughter took it. She had fluffy brown hair with highlights, freckles, and brown eyes. I think her name was Nikki.

I tended to cut all my Barbies' hair, but she and Totally Hair Barbie were spared. I also gave one a mud bath one time...in actual mud.

--------------------
"Flaming Bags of Poo should not be delivered indefinitely after a bad date." - Sims 2 patch fix
my space ::my kitty friend, Orion

Posts: 181 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gale:

It seems to me that in the late sixties, when the bendable barbies came out that you could take your old Barbie in and get a discount on the new one. Anyone else remember that?

I traded in my bubble-haired Barbie in 1967 (I think). For a dollar, I got the New Barbie, with bendable legs and twist-and-turn waist.

Yeah, I remember all that because it was the first time I actually owned the current model of a name brand toy.

--------------------
"You hold the Prince so I can duct tape his bottom to keep the bugs out." - My Mom

Posts: 193 | From: The Fabulous Finger Lakes, New York | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Green Eggs and Spam
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Eggs and Spam     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't have a Barbie but I did have a Tammy doll. She came in a phone booth.
Posts: 272 | From: Winchester, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My first Barbie was Angel-face Barbie--1982. Being a bit of a tomboy, I didn't have a whole lot of dolls. I did have the Crystal Barbie, the Great Shape Ken, Horse Lovin' Skipper, and a ballerina barbie. I also had an Elvis doll [Big Grin]

The big thing I remember about the Barbie dolls is that they all had the little fake plastic rings that were stuck through their hands. My mom took every damn one of them out because she thought I would choke on them.

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss my Barbies now... my sister and I had a huge bin of Barbie stuff some neighbor girls had "outgrown" even though they were only about three years old than I, and it had so many good outfits. I have no idea now which clothes went to which doll, and which were extras they had bought. No Ken, though, until my sis begged for one for her birthday and got him. I don't know what it was called,(do any of you know?) but when you wiped his head with a warm washcloth, purple stars showed up. So bizarre. Before he arrived, we made marriages between the Barbies and the rest of the menagery, including horses and dinosaurs. No inter-species discrimination allowed! Trying to dress up a tyrannosaurus for a wedding was a bit of a challenge...
They got put away when I was around 13, and we moved to a new house, and they were never unpacked.

--------------------
Kevin: Pink Bunkadoo?
Randall: Yeah. Beautiful tree that was. Og designed it. 600 feet high, bright red, and smelled terrible.

Posts: 71 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I miss my Barbies! I played with them until highschool. Then I gave them to my baby sister who promptly destroyed them (she was 3). I don't remember my first Barbie I think it was Crystal. I also remember having Peaches 'n Cream, Day To Night and Dream Glow (my dad called her Chernobyl Barbie. He's weird). My absolute favorite though was Bopsy. I even had the Juke Box Record Store. I don't know why she was my favorite but she was.

Pixie"ahhh nostalgia"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had too many Barbies. I was almost as obsessed with her as I was with My Little Pony.

Appropriately, this was my first. I also had...let me see...

Twirly Curls which I loved, but my cousin's dog ate it

Crystal

Peaches'n'Cream

Rock Star Barbie and I had a Rock Star man doll as well but it wasn't either of the ones on that site.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had peaches & cream, not sure if she was my first Barbie though. I don't recognise the names of the others, but I know I had more than one. I also had a Sindy, but i didn't like her as much because she had bad hair. I didn't think much of Ken, either.

One christmas my mum told my aunt that she'd got me a barbie house, so a bath to go in it would be a good present. I got a crappy old mustard coloured bath handed down from my cousin, all scratched and stained, wrapped in old calendars. I never liked that woman.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crackrzz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crackrzz   Author's Homepage   E-mail Crackrzz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pickie!

That was my seventh birthday, so that was in 1986.

I had both Great Shape and Super Dance, as you can see (added a sash from a robe in a clothing set someone bought because Super Dance had everything else Great Shape did).

Angel Face which was great cause I used her eyeshadow on myself later, and she had a great brush & comb set, though I never brushed my Barbies' hair much. Mine had a brown streak in her hair and was very fair.

Later I got Western Barbie for like $2 at a school flea market the older kids were having. I loved how she winked when you pressed a button in her back. [Smile]

Later on, I got Barbie from the Rockers. Accidentally knocked her head off one day, so she has a short neck now. She is the "Barbie" of my Barbie family, I named all the rest different names and the Super Dance & Great Shape are she and Ken's daughters, and they had little babies of their own. [Smile]

Later, I got an 80s Ken (previous Barbie's hubby) with a pizza slice on his t shirt and suspenders, so I got him another outfit and used the T shirt for the Joe McIntyre New Kids doll, because he didn't have a t shirt under his "high school" jacket.

Since then, I've collected many generic ones, Stephanie, Sandy, Steffi Love, etc. My first 11 1/2 inch doll was called JoeGee. No kidding. I think I chopped her hair off... she had eye lashes and that classic "looking to the left" thing. She ended up "with" Joe. [Roll Eyes]

Later, I bought two unidentified/un-themed "Theresa" brunettes at flea markets. One was darker complected with really long hair nearly down to her feet, the other was fairer skinned with shorter hair... she's the "me" doll.

I got a dollar store, no bendy knees brunette and a generic black haired guy by the end of it.

I could put my hands on them all right now if I wanted to. [Smile]

Oy, get me talking about Barbies... [Razz] Now my neice loves them! But I have to be careful because, although she is three, her younger brothers, well, are not. [Razz]

Wanted to get winter clothes for them, but there are NO clothes on cards, at least in department stores anymore. Unless they're all bought up, or they put the more expensive merchandise out now. No doubt.

Could be worse, I wanted to buy two book cases, add hinges in the back, a lock on the front, put it on wheels and fill it with Barbie/11 1/2 inch doll furniture. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stand up, slip on the bathtub floor, fling a hand up to balance yourself, and happen to have your mouth open on the downswing. Voila, a new hole in your face.

-Tabby, on how she cut her lip while shaving her legs.

Posts: 5097 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mother of Nanaballis
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mother of Nanaballis         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My friends and I never liked Ken - he was a wussy. We confiscated our brothers' GI Joes. They had actual muscles and lots of joints for interesting posing.
Posts: 23 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crackrzz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crackrzz   Author's Homepage   E-mail Crackrzz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I won't add to my post, but someone mentioned furniture. I never had a Barbie house, but I had a wicker loveseat, two chairs and a small table.

I had a lawn set, two chairs, a table with an umbrella and a long lawn chair.

I also had the silver convertible, and a bed.

The bed only came with a dust ruffle and two pillows (and the canopy), so I folded up an old baby blanket and made it into a mattress. Comfy. Oh, and a facecloth for a blanket. [Smile]

Also used facecloths for really big towels. [Big Grin]

I made an oven/stove out of a greeting card box. I had small pink pots & pans. Still have a big bag of clothes.

Right now all my Barbies are wearing what they wore originally except the ones I don't remember, as I was toying with the idea of auctioning them.

Found a couple of coats and long dresses for my neice's daughter. Now to find boots. I'm nuts.

--------------------
Stand up, slip on the bathtub floor, fling a hand up to balance yourself, and happen to have your mouth open on the downswing. Voila, a new hole in your face.

Posts: 5097 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bramble Silvertree
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 402 posted      Profile for Bramble Silvertree   E-mail Bramble Silvertree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of my barbies were interrogated, tortured, and the remains buried in my cousin's back yard. Just imagine my uncle's horror when he rototilled the yard many years later! [Eek!] Body parts everwhere!

I can remember "Feeling Fun" and "Dream Glow" but no others. The only reason I remember those two is because I found those outfits on a pair of headless corpses in a box at my grandmother's house a while back.

--------------------
"Tout le monde est fou, sauf vous et moi."

Posts: 47 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SmallTownKid
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallTownKid     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've googled like mad, but I can't find my first Barbie online. My first Barbie was actually a camping Midge. She had on jeans and a vest and came with a sleeping bag that rolled up into a backpack. The perfect Barbie for me. [Big Grin]
I always invented intricate plots for my Barbies. They went rock climbing, got lost in the rainforest, and I think I may have played "buried alive" once. [Eek!] I was a weird kid.

--------------------
"I will take the Ring," he said, "though I do not know the way."

"Doesn't 'Frollo' sound like a delicious hobbit chocolate?"--Amanda F.

Posts: 107 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crackrzz:
I won't add to my post, but someone mentioned furniture. I never had a Barbie house, but I had a wicker loveseat, two chairs and a small table.

My next door neighbour had some kind of HUGE doll house - it might have been Sindy actually - that was bigger than we were and had a lift and several floors and was REALLY COOL. It soon became the Barbie House of Horrors, though and suffered attacks from another neighbour's Action Men, numerous earthquakes and a rabid My Little Pony raid. *ahem*

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lulu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulu   E-mail Lulu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I desperately wanted Magic Curl Barbie as a girl, but she must have been too expensive because I ended up with Gold Dream Barbie, who came with some very dodgy curlers that did not curl her hair at all. And she had these skin tight gold pants which were a bastard to put on or take off.

About 12 years ago I purchased the Now Look Ken at a doll auction, because I was irresistable attracted to that hair. And the mutton chops! Amazing. There was a Growing Up Ginger doll at the auction, too, which I really wanted but couldn't afford both purchases.

I also found Western Barbie at a flea market, except her winking eyelid was a bit loose and she looked like some middle aged alcoholic hooker. Dang, I should sell her on eBay with that title!

--------------------
"What I do not understand is why it makes a difference how the goat is exposed." ~ Rhiandmoi

Posts: 2153 | From: Northern NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was not allowed anything as "gender-specific" as a Barbie. My grandma did once slip a My Little Pony through the net and my little brother impaled it with a garden fork!

My best mate had three Barbie houses and about 50 Barbies. I find that quite disturbing!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crackrzz

Oh yes, I remember the house with the elevator. I remember being at a birthday party, and whoever my friend was who had it, had a naked Barbie in the tub... I think... or maybe I just envisioned that... but I marvelled at how realistic, yet small, the tub was. No Barbies in it otherwise, and, as I recall, no furniture.

I also loved her little "tent house" with the small playset large enough for only a Cabbage Patch Doll to use. But I still liked it.

I see Barbie houses today, and, while they're cool and some are like 3 ft tall, they seem kind of narrow. You should be able to at least put a Barbie bed non-lengthwise, so, 12" to 14" deep by, say, 25" wide by 36" - 40" tall. Each shelf be like 14" tall.

That would be great for three floors, but some bookcases make excellent two floor houses, or half. Two would make a four room house... kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. [Smile]

I'm obsessed.

--------------------

Wolf333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf333     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahhh...
I was a lad and had no Barbies...
But, I did have two older sisters and an older brother, so Barbies and GI Joes were fairly common.

Oh, those halcyon days of youth... hearing "Mom! Wolf took Barbie's cloths and put GI Joe's face in her crotch again!"

--------------------
"We take evil really seriously"

Posts: 175 | From: Tokyo, Japan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't figure out which was my first one, but my second Barbie was the ballerina from 1976. She had a crown embedded in her head, so I was always giving her a beehive to hide it.

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages