snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Name a Horse with a Hump!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name a Horse with a Hump!
remigo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for remigo   E-mail remigo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My rowing club is having a Race Night in the coming weeks. For those who aren't familiar,

quote:

Race nights are events in which participants stake money on the outcome of recorded races and where
the selection is totally dependent on chance and where no "odds" or "form" are available to assist the
selection.
Proceeds go to purposes of the organisation

Usually, these are horse races, although in this case, they will be camels.

As well as betting, the other way of fund-raising is "selling" the quadriped, and the owner then gets his/her name in the race programme, along with the "amusing" name they chose for their race animal.

So, my clever and witty online friends, what would you suggest I call my camel?

The Overuse of "Quotation Marks", it seems from this short post?

Posts: 238 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
stalker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stalker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Toe

--------------------
Fetishists Unite! Anti-Fetishists Untie!

Posts: 215 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Careful-they-spit
Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eye of the Needle.
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dancin' Fool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin' Fool   E-mail Dancin' Fool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Clyde.
Posts: 266 | From: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dumpty

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Joe?
Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No Name

lavender 'been through the desert' blue

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Evil-Smelling-B*stard

2pts for reference ('cause I'm not made of points, you know)

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by evilrabbit:
Evil-Smelling-B*stard

Curse you and your evil ways, rabbit, I was just posting that.

Terry Pratchett.

But I thought the camel in Pyraminds was "You-Bastard," and later we met his cousin, "Evil-Smelling-Bugger."

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hubert Cumberdale
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Cumberdale   E-mail Hubert Cumberdale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would say either "Pretty Kitty" or "Optimus Prime"
Posts: 835 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol] I was going to say "Camel" based on the title...and then I read the thread [Smile]

And I think you should call it Humpy. Or McCallahanskajellafetty.

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 202 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stalker:
Toe

[lol] [lol]

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Saliva Bomb

Stinky Pete

Dustmop

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Camerupt.

Arab-jockey. [Big Grin] (This one may be too off-color for some, though.)

And if you run out of ideas, you can always name 'im Humphrey.

- Pseudo "smokin' camels" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hoof Hearted

*evil grin*

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlushingBride:
quote:
Originally posted by evilrabbit:
Evil-Smelling-B*stard

Curse you and your evil ways, rabbit, I was just posting that.

Terry Pratchett.

But I thought the camel in Pyraminds was "You-Bastard," and later we met his cousin, "Evil-Smelling-Bugger."

Ack! I think you're right! Shame on me! 3pts to you, for catching me!

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Laurenza
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurenza   Author's Homepage   E-mail Laurenza   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Humphrey.

[Slight Hijack]
quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo_Croat:
Camerupt.

And I saw you mention Lickitung in the initiation thread. Do I get the impression someone likes Pokémon? [Wink]
[/Slight hijack]

--------------------
"Oh... err… I'm not very good with children. I used to like feeding them to things." -- Kuja Greyfare, DarkSoul Kingdom Chapter 19

Posts: 10 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
remigo, what name did you choose?

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dactingyl
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dactingyl   E-mail Dactingyl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sopwith

That's what my stuffed Camel is called.

--------------------
Dactingyl is meant to sound a bit like Christingle.

It's not very good but I couldn't think of anything else.

Sorry.

Posts: 257 | From: Hants, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
remigo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for remigo   E-mail remigo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I still haven't entered the name! I have until this weekend. I got a good giggle off "Camel Toe" but it's a kids' club too! Evil-Smelling-Bugger is great, but maybe not child-friendly either...

Sopwith, Dactyl? I had to google that! Far too clever for the likes of us [Smile]

Posts: 238 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skydivr5
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skydivr5   E-mail skydivr5   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Harvey's always been my favorite name."

ETA: one-half point for ref.

Posts: 22 | From: New Mexico | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jayjaybees
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayjaybees   E-mail jayjaybees   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about "Lucy"?

(for Lusitania. Because they're the ships of the desert...)

Posts: 275 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laurenza:
Lickitung in the initiation thread. Do I get the impression someone likes Pokémon? [Wink]

Yup, I'm a big Pokemon fan. I even run my own League.

- Pseudo "Wynaut join us?" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
F minor
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F minor   E-mail F minor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely Humphrey is the only option.
Posts: 124 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought Fergie was the only option.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages