snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » Best & Worst band names (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best & Worst band names
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deansinger   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh yeah, Dread Zeppelin, featuring El Vez. Sweet

More I like:
Dead Kennedys (how is it Ted hasn't drunk himself to death yet?)
Nashville Pussy (white trash rock & A Nugent reference)
Suicidal Tendencies (self-destruction & rock & roll- they fit well)
Jon Cougar Concentration Camp (another great name ruined by litigation)

And don't like:
Deep Blue Something (you're right, Leper Messiah was better)
Green Jelly (Green Jello was a tiny bit better-and made worse by litigation)
Wheatus (What, Roman cereal?)
Strawberry Alarm Clock (trying too hard maybe?)

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you're wrong.. Be Wrong Loud!

Posts: 398 | From: Fallon, NV | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Electrotiger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electrotiger   E-mail Electrotiger   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Band name that has always made me uncomfortable for some reason:

"Fudge Tunnel"

--------------------
Mr. Sagan did not go too fars, If you just took the time to scan its,
You'd count billions and billions of stars, And billions and billions of planets.

Posts: 332 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who has heard of Groinal Bloodsurge (complete with umlauts)??

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sullen Moon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sullen Moon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sullen Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
An "almost" band name: 99 cent Jesus

A friend of mine that looked like Jesus stuck a "99 cent" price sticker on his forehead and said he was going to name a band that someday. My friends never did do anything with it, but it always stuck in my mind as a cool name.

Add to the cool names list: Dresden Dolls

--------------------
***sig line edited for content***

Posts: 249 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deansinger   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
New one to me, Queen.
Gaye Bikers on Acid- Good
Godspeed you! Black Emperor- Bad (what was up with that exclamation point anyway?)
X- good
XTC- okay
X-ray Spex- Bad
X-ecutioners- horrendous
Jimmy Eat World (lame to start with, even worse as an acronym)
Breaking Benjamin (ouch-bad)
The Thompson Twins-bad (Three members, none related, let alone twins, none named Thompson)
Okay, so I can't think of any band names right now that involve a name (not of a band member) that aren't lame.

--------------------

Posts: 398 | From: Fallon, NV | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Michelle Shocked
Rhythm Method

I really liked Dread Zeppelin, especially their rendition of "Moby Dick".

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Motley Crue (good misspelling, and the umlauts were a nice touch)
Enuff Z'Nuff (Bad misspelling of an annnoying phrase)
Motorhead (great speedmetal name, again the umlaut)
Okay, as near as I can tell, umlauts are always good in a metal band name.

--------------------

candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some crazy kid I went to high school with called my friends and I "Frankenhookers" and said we should form a band named that.

The Well Hungarians

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thompson Twins was after the fellas in the Tin-Tin Books.

I like punchy one word names like

Mountain
Free
Queen
Wham! (ok shite music but the name works)

Other cool names

Roxy Music
Pink Floyd (better after they dropped the "the")

I'll add more when I think of some!

My dad always wanted a punk band called "Anal Sweat"

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unbroken
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unbroken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just remembered the late and much lamented Jobbykrust, Pink Turds In Space and Bleeding Rectum. (Yes, they are all real bands, I can show you the records.)

--------------------
Oddly enough, the island of Ireland looks remarkably like a small old man driving an old Ford Fiesta.

Posts: 950 | From: Dublin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GaiaP5
Cereal Killer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaiaP5     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Joe Bentley, yeah, that's right. The guys were sitting around, trying to come up with a name and one of the guys said, "Deep blue... something." And it stuck. [lol]

Dallas bands seem to have pretty decent names, for some reason. (Even though DBS/Leper Messiah were more from Denton...)

Toadies (well, Fort Worth)
MC 900 Ft. Jesus
Tabula Rasa
Spot
Pop Poppins
Rev. Horton Heat
Tripping Daisy (lead singer later formed Polyphonic Spree)
Billygoat
Plaid Faction
The Nixons
Pump'n Ethel

I guess I impress easily, huh? [lol]

--------------------
When other little girls were dreaming of being ballet dancers, I kind of wanted to be a vampire.

Posts: 185 | From: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greg of Winter:
OH, and Led Zeppelin is spelled correctly. It should be L.E.D. Zeppelin, referring to the blimps that use light-emitting diodes to form advertising slogans.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, and I apolgize if you're kidding, but the band got their name from an insult.

I might have the names wrong, but Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were in Yardbirds, and said they were starting a band.

Someone replied, "you'll go down like a lead zepplin." That is, they're gonna bomb

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GaiaP5:

Leper Messiah was the original name of the band. (No points for reference -- too easy.)They changed it to (wait for it...)

Deep Blue Something.

maybe i'm slow, but i don't get it.

--------------------

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Something

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Something   Author's Homepage   E-mail Something   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I always liked the Violent Femmes as a band name. Plus, Grateful Dead is just nice and entertaining (the name, not the music).

Other very odd names:
Amazing Tentacles
Pancreas Joe and the Eskimo Leftists
and the little know: Peter Circumcision and the Foreskins

--------------------
If I'm not here, it's because I'm out.

Posts: 198 | From: Northern California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the following:

Genesis
The Dream Academy
Marillion
Men Without Hats
Blue Oyster Cult (though personally I think the umlauts are just dumb)
Twisted Sister
The Moody Blues

I don't like the following:

Wang Chung
The Beatles (Yes, I know they're one of the greatest bands ever, but it's still a dumb name)
Any group of more than two whose name consists of a list of the members names, from Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young to Sharon, Lois, and Bram.
The Mini-Pops
The Plastic Ono Band

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Vegetable-Derived Enzyme Mouse:
The Beatles (Yes, I know they're one of the greatest bands ever, but it's still a dumb name)

I liked how they made fun of that in That Thing You Do!, by having the lead singer of the band initially want to call the band "The Oneders" instead of "The Wonders," and eventually fronting another band called "The Heardsmen."

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Siawasi
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siawasi   E-mail Siawasi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Stupid names:

Uriah Heap (or is it "Heep"... oh, well, either way STUPID!)
Gentle Giant
Bowling for Soup (huh?)
Hamilton, Joe, Frank & Reynolds (pick a name, wouldja!)
Dexy's Midnight Runners ('nuff said)
Bow Wow Wow (see above)
Planet P Project (Pink World, great listen, stupid-a$$ name!)
Hootie & the Blowfish (Just "Darius" would've been cooler!)
Gwar (gag!)
Meatloaf (I don't care why he picked it, it's dumb!)
Lipps, Inc.
Def Leppard
Jimmy Eats World

Cool names... hmmm, lemme think.
Romeo Void (like that one)
Shooting Star (Go Cali!)
AC/DC ('kay, my all-time favorite band, so I'm biased)
Grateful Dead
Pink Floyd
Indigenous (sp?)
Elf
Dreamtheater
Marillion
B-52's
The Clash
Nickelback
Barenaked Ladies
The Nails
REM
Guns 'n Roses
Velvet Revolver
Coven
Taproot
Styx
Nirvana
Eurythmics
The Sweet

Cripes... I know there's more. Must get coffee and revive these tired brain cells before I can continue!!

--------------------
"All I saw was a thud..."
"Some people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."

Posts: 81 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siawasi:
Stupid names:

Tom "Joel who were Hamilton, Joe, Frank & Reynolds?"
Joel "Oh they were this band who had two big chart busting hits when I was a kid in the 70s."
Crow "What where they?"
Joel "Oh well the first one was Don't Pull Your Love Out on Me Baby"
Tom "Oh I remember that one."
Crow "What was the other one?"
Joel "I don't really remember the other one. I just remember it sounded an awful lot like Don't Pull Your Love Out on Me Baby"
Crow "How many members did that band have?"
Tom "Oh come on they were a trio Hamilton Joe, Frank, and Reynolds."
Crow "I thought they were a duo, Hamilton Joe Frank, and Reynolds."
Joel "Guys they were a quintent, Hamilton, Joe, Frank, and Reynolds."
Tom "No wait they were five of them!"
Joel "How do you figure?"
Tom "Well Hamilton, Joe, Frank, Ann, Reynolds."
Joel "Yeah but if Ann Reynolds is one person that takes up back to the whole trio thing."
Crow "Joel does anyone knows the answer to the Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds mystery?"
Joel "Well Hamilton, Joe, Frank and Reynolds..."

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Toys for big boys.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toys for big boys.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mad Capsule Markets. Japanese band. Makes me think of some psycho pharmacy.

--------------------
I am not taking lectures on physics from a man in tights.

Posts: 236 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know someone mentioned them before, but "Joy Division" is such a good (ironic?) name for a band with (mostly) such depressing lyrics. I mean, you go see a band with such an upbeat name, and they start singing about "dead souls calling them" and being "ashamed of the person they are"... Then the lead singer goes and offs himself, what "joy".

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug4.7:
I know someone mentioned them before, but "Joy Division" is such a good (ironic?) name for a band with (mostly) such depressing lyrics. I mean, you go see a band with such an upbeat name, and they start singing about "dead souls calling them" and being "ashamed of the person they are"... Then the lead singer goes and offs himself, what "joy".

quote:
They chose the name "Joy Division" from a lurid novel of sado-masochism in German concentration camps during 2 WW. The novel entitled "The House Of Dolls" was written by Karol Cetinsky and it also contributes a verse to the song "No love lost".

BTW, the "joy divisions" refers to the line of huts in which the young deported women were forced to prostitute themselves to nazi officers on leave.

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, I'm not sure Joy Division is really an upbeat name. According to a book I read on the group it was what the Nazis called the brothels in concentration camps and Ian Curtis's wife didn't like the name because of this.

ETA: Spanked by Jay Tea

Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Siawasi
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Siawasi   E-mail Siawasi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
Crow "Joel does anyone knows the answer to the Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds mystery?"
Joel "Well Hamilton, Joe, Frank and Reynolds..."

[lol] YOMANK! [lol]

Sia...I knew I wasn't the only one that thought it was a dumb name!...wasi

--------------------
"All I saw was a thud..."
"Some people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."

Posts: 81 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Deansinger
Deck the Malls

Didn't Spandau Ballet have a concentration camp reference to theirname, too? Like the machine guns were m,ade at Spandau and using one to shoot at someone's feet to make them dance was a Spandau Ballet or something like that? Anyone remember better than I do?

--------------------

Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
According to Band Name Origins

quote:
Origanally called 'The Makers', the band changed their name after a visit to Berlin where one of their roadies saw some graffiti refering to Spandau Prison. Supposedly, there were many hangings there, in which the victims would twitch and jump at the end of a rope...hence, doing the "Spandau Ballet."
Although I have seen another reference as to how the Spandau machine gun was so powerful it could hold a victims body upright as it riddled him full of holes, making it look like a macabre dance of death.

Edited to fix link.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe Spandau Ballet referred to people hanging themselves in the Spandau prison. At least that's what my sister told me.
Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This much is true-oo, this much is true-oo-oo..

Thanks for that.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Jay Tea and booger. I didn't know that about the band that eventually became New Order.

ETA:Actually, it is really neat to know there are other people out there who really get into the band. Around here, I usually get [Confused] when I mention Joy Division/New Order.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Special Cam, Specialist:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg of Winter:
OH, and Led Zeppelin is spelled correctly. It should be L.E.D. Zeppelin, referring to the blimps that use light-emitting diodes to form advertising slogans.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, and I apolgize if you're kidding, but the band got their name from an insult.

I might have the names wrong, but Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were in Yardbirds, and said they were starting a band.

Someone replied, "you'll going down like a lead zepplin." That is, they're gonna bomb

That "someone" was Keith Moon.

--------------------

my blog

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Siawasi:
Stupid names:

Uriah Heap (or is it "Heep"... oh, well, either way STUPID!)

The name is based on a character from Charles Dickens' novel, "David Copperfield"

quote:

From classicbands.com
quote:
This soft rock trio from Los Angeles, California consisted of guitarist Dan Hamilton (originally from Wetnatchee, Washington), bassist Joe Frank Carollo (from Leland, Mississippi) and drummer Tommy Reynolds (from New York City).

--------------------

my blog

GaiaP5
Cereal Killer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaiaP5     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The band name website reminds me of the rumors surrounding the name of KMFDM... It's supposed to mean "Kill MotherNFBSKing Depeche Mode".

Anyone else heard that? Maybe I should go do some reasearch... [lol]

ETA: Just checked wikipedia.

quote:
KMFDM is an acronym for "Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid" (See the official KMFDM FAQ), which roughly means "no pity for the majority" in English. Sascha Konietzko has acknowledged that while "Kein Mitleid für die Mehrheit" is the correct German construction of the phrase (and even appears in this phrasing in the tongue-in-cheek lyrics to "Megalomaniac"), it is not what KMFDM stands for. "Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid" was shortened to KMFDM when Raymond Watts was unable to correctly pronounce the name.

When the band first toured the US in 1991, the members began using alternate English meanings for their name to tease journalists who could not understand German. The most prominent and most widely repeated was "Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode", which is attributed to Shawn Joyce. After the release of Angst, their label created a promotion, without the support of the band, where they encouraged fans to come up with 1,001 meanings for KMFDM. College radio DJs Kinslow and Smith of WKGC Florida won the contest with an entry of more than 1,200.

The lyrics to the song "Light" reveal a possible alternate meaning: "Keiner macht für dich mehr", which translates to "No one does more for you".

--------------------
When other little girls were dreaming of being ballet dancers, I kind of wanted to be a vampire.

Posts: 185 | From: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The band name website reminds me of the rumors surrounding the name of KMFDM... It's supposed to mean "Kill MotherNFBSKing Depeche Mode".
Reminds me of a Kids In The Hall record store skit:

Customer: Excuse me. Do you have any Depeche Mode?

Salesman: Yeah. But they suck.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mgbdriver:
That "someone" was Keith Moon.

that's right; i knew it was someone famous, but i couldn't think of who it was at the time

--------------------

Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Vegetable-Derived Enzyme Mouse:

Wow. I always thought it was a great name. Anyway a darn sight better than The Silver Beatles which IIRC was the first version they toyed with that incorporated "Beatle".

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elizabeth Lemons

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth Lemons   E-mail Elizabeth Lemons   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Furious:
... and eventually fronting another band called "The Heardsmen."

Oh man, I laughed for about ten minutes after I read that. I never caught on that that was the name of his band!

I always like band names that are the vocalist's name + 'the something.' Such as Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Elvis Costello and the Attractions.

And The Beatles thing reminds me of dialogue from Wayne's World:

Wayne Campbell: Hey, Tiny, who's playing today?
Tiny: Jolly Green Giants and the Shitty Beatles.
Wayne Campbell: Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?
Tiny: They suck.
Wayne Campbell: Then it's not just a clever name.

--------------------
"El corazón del hombre es como el horizonte, una parte del cielo; pero como el horizonte, cambia noche y dia."

Posts: 114 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages