snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Fun House » NFBSKed up dreams (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NFBSKed up dreams
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 95 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bored at work, so bear with me. I just feel like sharing a story.

I am lucky enough to have lots of dreams, and to remember most of them for a day or two. But every once in a while, I have a seriously NFBSKed up one. Weirdest of all, these dreams should be horrific, but I always come away from them thinking simply "now *that* was NFBSKed up".

So, here's my NFBSKed up dream of last night. WARNING: it is somewhat graphic. It starts with an overhead view of a guy and a big bonfire. It looks as if I was watching the scene from a helicopter, and soon enough I realize this is news coverage. I then "remember" reading about a drunken guy who burnt his leg at a celebration of some sort. Anyway, the guy behaves drunkenly, goes up to the fire and sticks his leg in it. Needless to say, it catches fire. Things get hectic as the guy panicks and a few people rush in. To my surprise (rather than outright horror), the fire dies off quickly but the guy is still writhing in pain as two other guys keep him pinned to the ground while calling for help. The guy's leg begins to turn to ashes, like a cigarette does, starting with the foot and moving up. The flesh falls off in a second, exposing the bright white bones, which then turn to dust in another second. The whole leg burns off this way and the burning slows down and stops but not before exposing half his pelvis. Then the two guys who I understand to be paramedics grab the half-exposed bone and pull out the guy from his burnt to a crips skin, leaving behind some kind of hardened, blackened shell. Close-up on the haggard, blob-like entity having wet compresses put onto him. I turn from the "television" to see that my younger brother was watching this with me. In real life, he's 22 but in the dream he was maybe 10. He starts sobbing about what happened so I try to comfort him but as I try to comfort him, I realize I almost touched him inappropriately when I hugged him. We both feel terribly awkward about this and I'm trying to find a way to recover from this embarassment when I wake up.

I guess I should have been scared or disgusted seeing a man get pulled out of his own skin or have his leg burnt away, but no. I just found all this so completely NFBSKed up. Past dreams involved me turning all ninja-like and killing several people, one of whom got his feet turned into ground meat and burned on white-hot metal while still attached to his body. Eh. Deep down, I must be something of a psycho.

Anyway, that's all. Back to non-traumatizing threads.

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is one from a few years ago. It made its way around my former workplace, mostly because people thought it was the strangest thing:

I was on a flight, either from Paris to Barcelona or vice-versa. So as I'm sitting there, a huge group of doctors run past me. Then a media circus forms. So I ask a British reporter in the media group what's going on. He tells me that the company lawyer hit an editor, rendering her unconscious, and the big question was whether the lawyer would lose his job over the incident.

Cut to a press conference with the lawyer. He says that this incident would have no impact on his job, and that any suggestions otherwise were ridiculous. So what do I do? I e-mail another co-worker about this. I e-mailed him because he was in Vietnam, as his e-mail address indicated, and wouldn't have heard about it.

The dream then morphs into a family situation: me, my mom and my oldest sister are in Barcelona, visiting my mom's cousin and her grandchildren. We needed to catch a flight home in a few hours, but we were busy watching an anime movie. The dream them moved between me getting ready for the airport and me actually being part of the anime movie.

Then I woke up. Too bad -- real life is almost never that interesting.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh, you're not alone in NFBSKed up dreams.

When I about 8, I dreamed that my sister was eaten alive by gnats while she was napping. As I'm looking at her corpse, I see her legs up to her waist, and everything from the waist up is gone, and the couch is covered in gore. The thing that hacked me off in the dream? She was wearing my shorts and they were now ruined.

I had another really scary dream a while back. Scary during the dream, not when I thought about it. I was being stalked in my own home by a gang of roughians. I had clocked one in the head to get away, but I couldn't get out of the house in time. I was caught in the garage and surrounding. Four large men are around me, discussing the horrible things they're going to do to me. The one I'd bashed said, "I want to hurt her worse than she hurt me." He reaches behind him with an evil scowl and hoists above his head a menacing.... vacuum cleaner. Really not that menacing, consider I'm hyperactive about vacuuming and have been known to vacuum up to 5 times a week (good thing I have wood floors now).

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess with being woken up more often my REM sleep is getting interupted so I'm remembering more dreams. And these are weird dreams.
The night before last I dreamed I had to take a plane ride somewhere with my family. On the way home the plane apparently wrecked. My baby and I survived but I had to look all over the airport to find her and when I did she was crying so hard. There were a bunch of stretchers lined up with a lace sheet covering the each body. I knew one of them was my husband but couldn't get myself to look.

That same night I also dreamed about walking around a strange city. I often have this dream but this time I kept running into people I knew rather than being all alone. The building were much more detailed than usual. Not NFBSK but odd for Aud.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to have a lot of NFBSK'd up dreams. The first one I remember, I was about 3 or 4.

I was watching TV, and there was a brown and white bunny on it. It zoomed in, faded to black, then I saw (like it was a movie) a girl in a hot pink ski jumpsuit is in a helicopter, about to go for a free jump. So as she's getting ready, for some stupid reason, she gets closer to the propeller (sp?), and there's this guy on the propeller, with knives, because he wanted to cut her head off.
Sure enough, THWACK! her head is cut off, and she's still able to do the jump. Cut to a scene in a snow bank. Some camera people (and I) are running to the body, because she was (what would be) face-down, and we thought her head was in the snowdrift. But she stands up, headless, and starts to walk towards me.

On the other end of the spectrum...

I had a dream last night I didn't want to wake up from. I dreamt that a friend of mine and I went back home for the weekend, and she was staying at my house. So we're hanging out in the guest room, and my dad calls me down. So I come out of the guest room, look over the ledge, and I see my old dog, Misty. I was eating an apple, and I dropped the apple. It fell down the stairs, and she ran up to it and sniffed it.
I ran down the stairs and started hugging her, and crying, saying "You're back! I can't believe you're back!" (I think the dream was semi-lucid, because I remember thinking "That's not possible. Her coloring isn't quite the same, and she died a week before your 20th birthday")
Apparently, my dad had a friend that had a dog that looked like my old dog, and brought the dog over to play with Tristan (our puppy). My dad's friend felt so bad about how I reacted, that he gave my family the dog.

Note: I'll post a picture of Misty when I have the chance, but I don't have any on this computer.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've had a lot of NFBSKed up dreams. They tend to be a bit long winded, so bear with me for a moment. I actually remember the details as they are written.

One I remember vividly is, I'm at my old elementary school. I'm riding my bike around the halls, crashing into these girls who are trying to catch me. I run into the boys bathroom to hide. I open a stall door, and there are the heads of my friends on pikes, around a toilet shrine thingy. For some reason, I'm not scared or surprised. So I go back into the hall, and enter the gym, hoping to hide in the equipment closet. I'm crouched in the darkness next to the basketball rack, when I hear a grinding noise. I turn to see a door that has appeared in the wall. I go through to see some giant blue dragon thing all chained up. Imagine a chinese dragon, but with giant pointy ears, and six arms. It had wings, but they were only ten feet long. The dragon itself must have been 150 feet. It looks at me and roars, and these hooded people rush at me. I switch to a third-person view of myself. Now I turn karate weapon master guy and kick butt. I distinctly remember stabbing someone in the eye with a burning candle. After that, the dragon thing explodes. Seriously, A huge fiery explosion. Then the view is from the ceiling. I see myself flop over onto my stomach.

And I woke up. Sorry for the long post, I wanted to post my dream in its entirety.

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to love my nightmares. There was one where my brother, some friends and I were being chased by aliens around a city that was also a pinball machine, one of those toy plastic guns that shoots ping-pong balls and one of those toy plastic guns that makes a "whirr" noise while making sparks inside it.

In another, I was in a suburban neighbourhood with a faithful sidekick that was part panther, part insect. We climbed out of someone's driveway, over the trellis that was covering it, into the street, where we were chased by a clown. He stopped at the back of a car (a blue 70's cop show kind of car) and got out a gun, then plucked out his own eye to use as ammunition (this is long before I saw eXistenZ). That was good fun.

In a weird bit of synchronicity, I saw a friend today and told her that I'd dreamed that we were at our wedding reception making the speeches. She told me that she'd dreamed about me, but in a slightly more dirty fashion. She wouldn't go into more details, but apparently she enjoyed herself, which is nice to know.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Queen of Slugs
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Queen of Slugs   E-mail Queen of Slugs   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have frequent dreams that I'm in a building, and someone is after me, so I'm hiding and/or trying to find a way out. I usually find a door or window, and opening or break it, and crawl out, only to find another layer of building around it, that I now have to find a way out of. As often as not I can fly in my dreams, which is kind of like swimming, but as I'm trying to get away from whatever is after me, I find myself trapped by a ceiling, or caught in power lines, or tall trees. Always trying to get out, and always trapped. Wish I could figure out why.

Two worst nightmares I've ever had- no, three: first, I dreamed that we were going somewhere in the van and my (then) husband missed a turn and we ended up in a river. It was winter and icy and snowy. Somehow the kids were really little again, and while we all got out of the van, they couldn't swim, and one by one, I lost hold of them and they were pulled under the water. Their dad was treading water and acting totally unconcerned. I remember clearly what my youngest was wearing, and the awful feeling when I lost grip on her overalls. That dream was pretty clear in meaning to me, and it was shortly after that dream that I demanded a divorce. Tough decision, but it's been 12 years and I still feel it was the right one.

Second worst dream (or maybe worst- hard to tell) I had been kidnapped, and was being held by some guy (sometimes I couldn't see his face/didn't know him, sometimes was my ex) who kept me as a slave and was trying to force me to marry him. (It reminded me of a story I read once in a woman's magazine.) I finally decided I would have to kill him to get out, and so I snuck up behind him (I thought) with a knife while he watched tv, suddenly grabbed him head, yanked it back, and slit his throat. Suddenly I realized that it was my son!- and he looked up and whispered "Why, Mom?", and then while I was madly trying to put his throat back together, my kidnapper walked in from the other room and laughed at me. It was horrible. I woke up and had to puke. The next worst dream I had I was working as a stagehand in a theatre production that was in a school auditorium, and ran into my fiance backstage, only in my dream we had split up, and he refused to talk to me. When I woke up it was like 6:30 in the morning, and I knew he was up getting ready for school, and silly git that I am, I called him, just to make sure it was a dream. It was, thankfully. [Smile]

Does anyone else have realistic, violent dreams? My therapist is having a heyday with mine, and it bothers me, because I have little conscious control over them, though I'm beginning to realize that I'm dreaming, and that if I can just move- roll over, something- I'll wake up. Sometimes I can. Sometimes I feel paralyzed and am stuck dreaming... [Eek!]

--------------------
"The test of our progress is not whether we add to the abundance of those who have much. It is whether we provide enough to those who have little." ­ Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Posts: 105 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 301 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was very sick as a child, and for the first several years I had to sleep with a vaporator in my room. At one point, I was so ill I started having hallucenations These were persistent, too, and always the same thing.

Arms. Impossibly long, skinny, green, scaly arms that would rise up by my bedside, or appear around a door jamb, or from under my closet door, or outside the window.

They would beckon to me, either with both hands waving me towards them, or sometimes with a singler crooked finger.

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 301 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
waffles

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a dream once that I was watching a soap on tv, and on the programme someone stabbed someone with the attachment on a vacuum cleaner (you know, the stretchy tube thing that you pull out to do the corners of the room). Then they left the tube in them and turned the vacuum on, sucking all the person's insides out. I remember waking up feeling a little repulsed by that one.

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was about 3 1/2 I dreamed about a politician making a speech in a sort of kitchen or dining area. He left, but then stuck his head out through the door to remind us of why he was the best candidate. The door closed on his neck. He came out and started speaking but suddenly his head fell off. He yelled "Oh, my head, I can't use it anymore!" and I could hear his brains sloshing as he clutched his head in his hands. My first nightmare, possibly related to the RFK assassination.

When I was 17 I dreamed I was in a city and some well dressed creeps were harrassing Bambi. "Bambi, why are you naked?" they yelled. I had to run to the rescue before they put clothes on him.

I chased the guys around the block and one ran off. Another turned to fight me but I lunged with my teeth at the place where it counts. Then I announced "I should have taken what I could and left the rest, but instead I took what I could and didn't leave any!" The guy ran away screaming and I nailed the other man's head to the sidewalk with a spike.

Meanwhile, Bambi had vanished and he never did thank me.

Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The night before the American presidential elections in 2004, I dreamt that Indira Ghandi had won the election and was now President of the United States.

When I woke up I actually believed it, and went to turn on the TV before I realised.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boogers   Author's Homepage   E-mail boogers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A year ago I dreamed I was in some sort of school and there was a very naive young girl there. Somehow I convinced the naive girl to lose her virginity to DeeDee Ramone while I and the school administrators watched.

Then we left the school. It was dark and all the house lights were off. I realized that there had been a revolution, but suddenly out of the gloom Frank Zappa arrived and offered to escort us home. We followed him and his assistant and he took us to a house with a sort of porch type structure. They took the naive girl into the structure and I suddenly realized they had executed her and I would be next. I decided to play the casual game and told his assistant I had to go to the restroom, so pardon me, I'd be right back. I ran into the house and looked for a window to escape from. Before I found out if I could get out I woke up.

Posts: 1111 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 22 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Have a look at slowwave where someone draws cartoons based on dreams that people have sent in. When I read through the archive I laughed so much that tears ran down my face, plus they really capture the bizarre-but-ordinary nature of dreams.

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a dream that there was a film premiere in the Student Union at my college. There were all these famous people milling around, as well as college students wanting to meet them. Then I met up with one of the drama teacher from my old high school, who somehow knew all the celebrities there. She started introducing me to Anthony Hopkins, and as I tried to shake his hand I somehow tripped and fell on the floor. So I scrambled to my feet, embarrassed, but Anthony Hopkins and my drama teacher just laughed uncomfortably and moved on.

For a few weeks I had "serial" dreams which I sort of liked. In them, I discovered this old book/junk store in my home town, run by a very tall man with a dark beard. He's sort of sinister looking but never makes me uncomfortable - actually he sort of reminds me of my doctor. The last time I had the dream they'd started selling ice cream there, too.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And my own personal weirdest dream :

I was living in a shared house when a pop star came to the door. He said that his house had burnt down and he was buying things to replace his goods. He bought a couple of ornaments, then decided he wanted the whole house. He said we could stay there if we lived feral in the attic. I was doing this, but then he installed lots (as far as the eye could see) of industrial machinery. I didn't mind this until I realised that all the machinery was designed for tenticles (this was genuinely horrible at the time.)

I was all set to fight the horrible tentacled things when they got there, but only managed to shoot my cat with a James Bond style pen/gun. She was dying.(Again this really upset me, and left me upset when I woke up).

Then I went and bought some crisps from a vending cart that fried them up and then put them in normal crisp bags.

Though possibly even weirder was a recent dream that was entirely animated (and in varied styles of animation)

Victoria J (clearly in need of a therapist)

edited for frightenly habitual spelling error

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izunya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izunya   E-mail Izunya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As far as I know, I have only one non-weird dream: the one where the University decides I'm missing a required class from high school. Naturally, my high school doesn't let you take just one class, so I have to go back and repeat an entire year, at age twenty-six. Perfectly mundane anxiety dream; it means "you have coursework to do."

My other dreams are much more fun. I had one a few nights ago where the British Empire, sometime in the nineteenth century, had discovered a bunch of sapient dinosaurs and of course took advantage of them for cheap labor. Now, the dinos were very nice people ordinarily (if disconcertingly large and strong, not to mention bright green), but the British made the mistake of naming them "ganjas," after the Ganges River, where they had come from. So, naturally (it made sense at the time) they all went and got stoned. And went berserk. Apparently marajuana works differently on reptiles. So I had to escape, which meant I had to disguise myself as a maid, which meant I had to slip into the palace, find a maid's uniform my size, change in the palace restrooms, which were startlingly modern . . . and I was just starting to wonder if the problem could be resolved by bringing the dinosaurs a few hundred plates of munchies when I woke up.

For me, this is just medium oddness.

I have once or twice had a dream that really shook me, but I generally don't know why. There was one, I remember, where I was in a ballroom, at a ball. I was told that everyone in the world sort of magically found themselves here, just once in their life, and when midnight came we'd depart by one of three doors. One door led you back to the world you'd been living in. One went to another universe, somewhere very different and unknown. And the third, a big door, took you Home. (Yes, with the capital letter. You could practically hear it.)

I was planning to go through the second door, the different-universe door, and my mother and sister were going to go back where we had come from. We said our goodbyes, and lined up, and then I suddenly realized what it would be like never to see them again--and started to search for them, desperately, in the first line. And woke up in a cold sweat.

Still not sure what it meant, but someday I might write a story about it. Some of my dreams are good for that. My husband says he's never met anyone who dreams with a plot before--although, as the dinosaur dream demonstrates, it often isn't a particularly logical plot.

Izunya

Posts: 138 | From: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hero_Mike
Happy Holly Days

Icon 602 posted      Profile for Hero_Mike         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Izunya:
As far as I know, I have only one non-weird dream: the one where the University decides I'm missing a required class from high school. Naturally, my high school doesn't let you take just one class, so I have to go back and repeat an entire year, at age twenty-six. Perfectly mundane anxiety dream; it means "you have coursework to do."

I've had that dream for the last 17 years ever since I did finish high school. It's never gone away even though I've been out of school completely for 10 years. Maybe it just reflects a secret desire to re-live my high-school years, knowing what I know now....

Once I had a dream that I was in a town with a "corrupt" sheriff down in the southern US (think of the sheriff in the movie "In the Heat of the Night") who was trying to take me away to jail on some trumped up charges. I suddenly remembered that you could kill a person by striking them in the chest just at the wrong time. So I started fighting with the sheriff and exclaimed "Arrest? You're putting me under arrest? I'll show you arrest - *cardiac* arrest!" And I hit the sheriff in the chest until it induced a fatal heart attack.

It was the first pun I've ever made while unconscious.

--------------------
"The fate of *billions* depends on you! Hahahahaha....sorry." Lord Raiden - Mortal Kombat

Posts: 1587 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChildofMusic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChildofMusic   E-mail ChildofMusic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My weirdest dream:
I'm in my bedroom, on the computer doing schoolwork. I look behind me, because I feel that someone is watching me. I don't see anyone, so I go back to my schoolwork. I get the feeling again. This time, when I look, I see who it is. Instead of hiding, the Carver from the show Nip/Tuck comes into my bedroom and shuts the door. I'm naturally scared, so I stand and start backing away. The Carver takes off his mask, and it's my long-term boyfriend, Sean. Though he's not the Sean I know, he's a serial killer/rapist/torturer with Sean's face, and he proceeds to do all those things to me, all the time I'm asking, "Why, Sean?"

That disturbed me really bad. I couldn't talk to Sean for about a day, and when I told him that I dreamt that he was the Carver, he kind of laughed...

--------------------
- ChildofMusic

"Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God." -Martin Luther

Posts: 231 | From: Somewhere up in Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

On the night "Bush Act I" took the inauguration I dreamed Tip O'Neil was looking through my window as I slept. This upset me so I went for help. Down the hall was Ronald Reagan's room, so I thought I would complain to him. I went in and there he was on his chair, with a couple secret service agents. I was about to tell him about Tip O'Neil but then I realized I was standing in front of the former president while wearing nothing but a poorly wrapped loose sheet. In other words, darn near naked. Embarrassed, I stammered "Reagan, I just wanted to tell you I agreed with everything you did!"

When I told my mother about the dream, she said "That really was a nightmare!"

senshisteph

Icon 1 posted      Profile for senshisteph   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My strangest dream, and one that will probably stay with me forever, is from about 10 years ago.

I dreamed I was the wife of some sort of political dissident under a repressive regime. He had been 'disappeared' and I was in prison. My baby son had also mysteriously vanished. All I had with me was a book written by my husband, and the guards were trying to take it away from me as it was banned literature. But it had a photo of my husband on the inside of the cover - I was screaming and sobbing as they tore it out of my hands because it was the only thing I had left of my husband and child. I woke up at that point, feeling sadder than I have ever felt in my whole life - I was sobbing like my heart would break for about 10 minutes and I still felt sad the next day.

I don't know why I dreamed that or why it was so real - it's certainly very far outside my own experience. Weird. Maybe I slipped into someone else's life?

--------------------
七転び八起き
nana korobi ya oki
'fall down seven times, get up eight.'

Posts: 155 | From: Nagoya, Japan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The worst (or best) dreams are those that are illness induced. Case in point, I had a migrane over the weekend and stayed in bed most of the time.

The most vivid and memorable dream was one in where I was time travelling in some sort of car and for whatever reason, the only way to travel was to take out the license plate from the holder before getting into the car (I sense that snopes had a hand in this since that's where I first heard of John Titor).

I know there were other people with me, but the only person who I could accurately remember was Lucy Lui. She kept saying that if we got stuck somewhere, we didn't have to worry since she'd be my new lover.

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
boogers
We Three Blings

Last night I had two dreams about Hitler. I can't remember the first one very well, but in the second I was approaching some sort of menacing looking canyon or gorge. Rocks were sliding and falling into it. I went into a building and looked through the picture windo at the falling rocks. Several other people were in the building and Hitler was there; we were all his prisoners. He placed a curse on me so that if I tried to escape I would fall down into the canyon.
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oualawouzou:
But every once in a while, I have a seriously NFBSKed up one. Weirdest of all, these dreams should be horrific, but I always come away from them thinking simply "now *that* was NFBSKed up".

I have a lot of dreams that should be really scary but aren't. They usually have plots similar to a horror movie, and I'm usually a victim or protagonist. Many of them involve zombies or werewolves. Example, I had a dream once where I was at a party and I knew a lot of the guests were actually vampires. The vampires were grabbing people without anyone else noticing, and taking them off (to kill them I assume.) No one else at the party realized this-- I saw the vampires snatching people up but could not say anything or alert anyone else. Yet, this was not a nightmare or a scary dream at all... Another dream I had involved a place where there were zombies everywhere and I was holed up in some big house with a bunch of people, but we had to go to the grocery store for supplies. On the way back the group was attacked and had to scatter, and I ended up trapped in a video store with zombies trying to get in. Again-- it was not scary, I wasn't scared in the dream and it didn't feel like a nightmare at all...

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
eternalsaturn
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 218 posted      Profile for eternalsaturn   Author's Homepage   E-mail eternalsaturn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My hands down oddest dream ever:

Well, it was weird in that it wasn't at all like the dreams I normally have, considering I (or anyone else I know) wasn't in it at all and the whole thing was actually semi-coherent. Sort of like a little movie playing out in my head, complete with actors, scene transitions and everything. I think it'd actually make a pretty good horror movie (or urban legend [Wink] )

It begins with this woman walking alone along some train tracks in the middle of the night. All of a sudden, something comes out of the darkness and shoves her down this mine shaft that just sort of happens to be there, and she ends up landing on some piece of mining equipment and well, dies. Next, we're looking back up out of the mine shaft and there's this crazy looking old man with long straggly hair (the one who pushed the woman into the hole) looking down and laughing insanely.

Next, we see a little girl at her birthday party. She and her brother are playing with some of her new toys when the insane old man walks in (apparently, he's her uncle) with a VERY large present. The little girl opens it... AND IT'S THE DRIED UP MUMMIFIED BODY OF THE MINE SHAFT WOMAN. Only it's been laquered, I guess, and dressed up, and the crazy uncle's trying to pass it off as a new life-sized Barbie doll. The kid totally believes him and is now all oo-ey over this dried up corpse.

So some more stuff happens, including the kid's dad telling a story about how the crazy uncle got trapped in an abandoned mine as a kid and went insane because of it, and eventually the kid finds out the awful truth when she accidentally snaps the head off of the doll/corpse, revealing HUMAN BONE inside.

I can't remember what happened next, but I do know the dream ended with the little girl and her brother following the crazy uncle into his huge run down mansion, presumably never to be seen again...

--------------------
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

my dA page

Posts: 57 | From: Huntington, WV | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover   Author's Homepage   E-mail Heroic Muse, Catfish Lover   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My entry in the "weird dream" category:

[I've been meaning to write this down anyway, since it's been in my head for two days...]

My dad and uncle decided that for their 60th birthday they were going to dres sup as little kids and make their kids sing songs from Sesame Street. My sister was dressed up in this frilly costume and I thought it was unfair because when we were kids my parents never dressed up for our birthday parties. She sang htis weird song about how she has no face and pulled off a mask. She looked like a ring wraith from Lord of the Rings.

Then I was in this class with a teacher that looked just like my grandma who passed away last year. We were having a debate and I said, "Look, it's a question of values. If you love music, you find a way to pay for a keyboard. Otherwise, forget it." She said I was "totally wrong".

I was bored but I had to take this class because I just found out I didn't have neough units on my bachelor's and if I didn't take it my master's would be cancelled. So I asked the teacher why she didn't agree with me and she said, "I like to be practical. Values don't have much meaning to me."

That's when I woke up.

Heroic Muse

--------------------
Elsie Worthing and the Hydra's Curse
Can one small girl overcome the darkness within to thrive at Hogwarts?
http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=57042
In memory of David Newton (1962-2006)

Posts: 689 | From: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had this one just last night. I’m going to write it down before I forget it.

I was in my old driveway (I moved recently) with several children about 11-12 years old and a man I’ve never seen before. He was giving some kind of lecture, or speech. Suddenly, Osama bin Laden appeared at the front of the driveway, took out a gun, and started shooting at us. Everything started going in slow motion, like in an action movie. I hid behind one of the kids -that was heartless, using her as a shield-then a beekeeper appeared, grabbed Osama and started trying to drag him away. (Yes, a BEEKEEPER.)

So anyway, I escaped around the back of the house. Suddenly a cat showed up and started trying to use my leg as a scratching post. But (thankfully) it had no claws. Then everything changed. I was with my mother, in the parking lot of some restaurant. I was wearing sunglasses. We were walking, and suddenly we saw a car with a very offensive anti-Semitic message written in one of the windows. I can’t remember at all what it said, but my mother started crying when she read it. Then I took off my sunglasses, and the message vanished. It was apparently written in some kind of invisible ink and you had to wear sunglasses to read it. By the way, this made absolutely no sense because my mother wasn’t wearing any.

I think there was more, but I can't remember it.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hero_Mike:
quote:

I've had that dream for the last 17 years ever since I did finish high school. It's never gone away even though I've been out of school completely for 10 years.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has those dreams. Mine usually involve me not actually having finished high school, so I have to go back and take a course. Or college won't let me graduate.

Shortly after I quit my stressful job I had similar dreams (actually more like nightmares) where for some reason I hadn't actually quit and had to return to work there permanently. I'd been having stres-induced nightmares about the place that were a partial cause of me quitting, but my subconscious didn't seem to accept my freedom as actually true. [Razz]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just remembered another one I had a couple of months ago.

I was at a party in this big building, that looked like a City Hall-type building from outside but it actually seemed to be a huge mansion. A lot of people I know were there, and I was having a really good time, but I kept getting this ominous feeling that something really bad was going to happen at exactly 4:00 in the morning. I told some people about this, but not one person believed me. Then eventually, 4:00 rolled around. Nothing happened. Everyone laughed at me. I felt pretty bad at that point.
Then suddenly I heard the sound of hoofbeats outside. Somebody was riding up to the building. I immediately went from ashamed to terrified. The hoofbeats stopped, and then I looked out the window to see who was there, and it was...the Ku Klux Klan.

Well, my first instinct was to wonder what they wanted from us. My second was to freak out and start screaming. When everyone else looked out the windows, it was like someone hit the panic button. Everyone started looking for somewhere to hide. I ran upstairs and hid in a closet.

I just sat there for a few minutes, shaking. Suddenly the door to the closet swung open, and two Klansmen reached in and grabbed me. They started pulling me downstairs, whispering creepy things to me (I don't remember what they said, but I think they were calling me "sweetie". That was pretty darn creepy.)
They brought me downstairs into the main hall of the building, where the party had been. The rest of the Klansmen, along with the Klan leader, were there. The leader stared at me for a few seconds, then yelled "WHERE IS IT?"
Naturally, I hadn't a clue what he was talking about. I tried to explain that I had no idea where "it" is nor what it was, but he just snapped back "You're not fooling me. Where is it?" (I have a vague memory of someone whipping me during this scene, too.)
That's about when I woke up.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Necko
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Necko   E-mail Necko       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A little while ago (probably about five years) I had this dream about a team of animals that were killing all my friends and eventually killed my dad. Whenever they would get mad at each other, they would start trying to kill each other, but anyway, the messed up part of this dream was that they were lead by a talking tissue.
Posts: 24 | From: Palatine, IL | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tarquin Farquart:
The night before the American presidential elections in 2004, I dreamt that Indira Ghandi had won the election and was now President of the United States.

When I woke up I actually believed it, and went to turn on the TV before I realised.

That's interesting-before the 2004 elections I had a dream that that Bush won.
Of all the nightmares that could have come true, it had to be that one.

ETA: I didn't intentionally type "That Bush", but I'm not changing it because it's so funny. [Big Grin]

--------------------

NinthSign

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NinthSign   E-mail NinthSign   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a dream a few years ago that took place in the soccer field behind the local middle school. There was some sort of game or something going on in the field but the principal interrupted it to announce that if you were found sitting next to a boy, or a girl if you happened to be a boy, you had to marry them. Ha, I thought and sat on the end of a bleacher next to girl. I was so sure I was safe, until the principal ran over and starting going on and on about how I had to get married now. I was horrified and looked next to me, and the bleacher had grown long enough for some random, but cute, stranger to sit next to me. He was waving and smirking, and I was horrified and confused and definitely angry about being tricked. I ran off and went into the middle school, but of course Random Stranger decided to follow me, which made me even more angry. I woke up not long after that.
Posts: 149 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Holy crap! I thought I was the only one who had the "repeat high school" dream. This is a recurring one for me, but I'm not in college, so it doesn't mean I have coursework to do. It's odd, because usually the dream revolves around band. One of the first types of these dreams I remember is performing a show in marching band and having forgotten the entire show, because, well, it's a dream and I have no show to remember. I hate hate hate having these dreams. Oddly enough, I thoroughly enjoyed high school, and probably wouldn't object to going back with all my friends (who some of were still in school when I graduated, so often my dreams revolve around going back to school with my friends, even though they are no longer in school either.) But, it makes me absolutely insane to be back in school in these dreams, and I don't know why.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
As far as I know, I have only one non-weird dream: the one where the University decides I'm missing a required class from high school.

Ug, count me in the group that still has that one. Only I just have to go back for Mrs. Lopez's trigonometry class. *shudder*

Anybody else have snopes dreams sometimes? I had one the other night that 4K wrote a long rant about time travel and Hungarian cheese.

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages