snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Business Bytes » If Banks Were Musicians, Citigroup Would Be Ozzy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Banks Were Musicians, Citigroup Would Be Ozzy
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Investment banks have personalities that are reflected in how they go about their business and how their peers view them. Bands express their character traits through the music they make and the company they keep. What happens when you match banks with musicians?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000039&refer=columnist_gilbert&sid=anPFr7olXfIA

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Setzer
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Setzer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Setzer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm frankly surprised that they got the bat incident correct. As for the comparison of Citigroup and Ozzy: It's suddenly awesome that I worked for them for a while*

*Actually, I couldn't get the 200$ for the liscense, so I just had a halfassed contract for 3 months or so.

Setzer "What? No unoriginal gags about Oasis?"

Posts: 104 | From: Worden, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, the Ozzy bat thing gets reworked on a regular basis.

"uh, yeah, like I heard Alice Cooper once bit the head off a rabid kitten...."

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
10) Commerzbank = David Hasselhoff

Both Commerzbank AG and David Hasselhoff, the singing star of Knight Rider and Baywatch, are huge in Germany. Scientists have failed to explain why.

In high school I had a class with an exchange student from Germany. When the teacher asked him to tell the class something about Germany he said "Stop thinking we like Hasselhoff because we don't." [lol]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Barclays is missing the edge of desperate wannabe-ness that defines Oasis. We need a bank that would try to live 1964 for ten years, profanely disparage the living Beatles out of pure jealousy then name their son 'Lennon'.

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
In high school I had a class with an exchange student from Germany. When the teacher asked him to tell the class something about Germany he said "Stop thinking we like Hasselhoff because we don't." [lol]

There was a Guardian G2 special about Germany yesterday and one of the articles made exactly this point... unfortunately the Guardian's search engine appears to be broken at the moment so I can't find it!

(edit) Hmm, they've fixed the search engine but now I can't find it because it doesn't seem to be online.

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages