snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Business Bytes » What about paily.com?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about paily.com?
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heya everybody,

Every once in a while, I look around the web for alternatives to PayPal. I have found one that might fit my needs: http://www.paily.com (though I have a few questions that couldn't be answered on their site, so I sent an e-mail their way, response still pending...). I was wondering if somebody here has some experience with them, good or bad?

Thanks!

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, they finally got back to me, so here's more info in case anybody else was keeping an eye on this thread.

They added some info on their service fees in their FAQ. It's somewhat expensive but from what they told me, the market they are aiming for consists of riskier, more costly online transactions. According to their e-mail, these high service fees allow them to offer a better fraud protection. They allow transactions from and to pretty much any country though all transactions are done in USD (so additionnal fees may apply, ask your bank for info). Transactions dealing with gambling or adult material are not allowed.

Apart from that, they sound like nice people. I got a personnalized reply, already a nice thing in my book. [Razz] A shame their fees are so high though.

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Any word on where they run out of? Cayman islands perhaps? Just kidding.

I took a quick look and they seem to have a decent set up. Is there any limit to their use (ie don't do E-bay, or Amazon etc)?

Cheers

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They run out of Israel. AFAIK, no limits apart from adult material and gambling.

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages